Never Seen A Player Retire at Halftime

KC Warpaint

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills cornerback Vontae Davis abruptly retired at halftime of Sunday's 31-20 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers, saying in a statement that the reality had hit him: "I shouldn't be out there anymore."

Davis, a 10th-year veteran, said he meant no disrespect to his teammates and coaches, but that physically, he could no longer play at the standard he set for himself.

"[He] pulled himself out of the game," Bills coach Sean McDermott said. "He communicated to us that he was done."

Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander alerted reporters to Davis' abrupt retirement after the game.

"I never have seen that," Alexander said. "Pop Warner, high school, pros. Never heard of it. Never seen it. It's just completely disrespectful to his teammates. ... He didn't say nothing to nobody. I found out going into the second half of the game. They said he's not coming out, he retired. That's it."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/buffalo-bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-los-angeles-chargers

10 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What a chickenshit millennial. It's about me, me, me. He could have told the coach anything he wanted, but to walk out during a game is a chickenshit move.

Is 30 years old a Millennial?  I admire a person  especially an athlete that knows when to hang up the spurs ..but yea that was not the best timing

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Is 30 years old a Millennial?  I admire a person  especially an athlete that knows when to hang up the spurs ..but yea that was not the best timing

If they were born in the 80s they are considered a millennial.

Don't get me wrong I respect the fact he knew when to quit but not in the middle of a game. It's no different than Peters walking off the field and into the locker room, he quit on his coach, teammates and fans.

Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old)

20 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

If they were born in the 80s they are considered a millennial.

Don't get me wrong I respect the fact he knew when to quit but not in the middle of a game. It's no different than Peters walking off the field and into the locker room, he quit on his coach, teammates and fans.

Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old)

WTF? 😱😡

The old metrics were better with 1983 being Generation X.

Archived