All Of Pats TD passes today

I was going to start a thread on this, but I may as well say it here. Mahomes is the real deal. I'm watching the game now (didn't know NFL Gameday let's you do that now, since Dal & NYG and playing).

It's not just the TD throws and long passes. He's making all the throws. He gets the ball out so fast that the Steelers can't react fast enough. The announcer said he worked with all the receivers & Kelce in the offseason to get the timing down.  He's making the Oline, receivers and everyone look good.  The Steelers were collapsing the pocket at times, but it didn't matter because he was releasing the ball so fast once he found a target. No dancing around.

16 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Does anyone know what the most number of touchdowns in the first three games are or do I have to wait until after this game?

Brady had 11 in 2011. Manning had 12 in his record-setting year. I haven't checked Brett Favre's yet.

Well he has the record also of any QB in his first 3 games of his career, counting last years game with 10 TDs. Previous was 8. Bledsoe in 1997 is the only other qb to have 4 or more TDs the first 2 games of the season until Mahomes did it now too. Forgot Fitzpatrick did it too

The record for any month of games played is 20. I am still looking for the first 3 game record though.

• Passing touchdowns: 20, Tom Brady, October 2007

6 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Manning's 12 in the first three of 2014 or whatever included a 7 TD day, 2 TD game, and 3. Let's see if Mahomes can get 3+ and no INTs this week.

I want 5 TDs at least it more. Keep him on pace to break the record if 20 in any one month! Plus it most likely will mean wins and we love that.

22 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I want 5 TDs at least it more. Keep him on pace to break the record if 20 in any one month! Plus it most likely will mean wins and we love that.

If we get a nice lead I'm expecting more focus on the running game with both Hunt and Ware. Need to establish it at some point. If it's a close game like the two before a high number of passing TDs are very likely again.

So with 13 total in the first three games, he needs three more to match Mannings 16 to start the record-breaking year for most in the first 4 games. So I'm hoping for four touchdowns at least.

He needs 7 in the next two and then it gets "easier." 9 in next three, 12 in next four. 21 in the next 7. 23 in the next 8. 34 in the next 11. 42 in the next 13.

OK.

Crazy talk,  but I don't know what is crazier, thinking that four as easy or being upset that we didn't pass and one of Hunt's touchdowns. 

11 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

So with 13 total in the first three games, he needs three more to match Mannings 16 to start the record-breaking year for most in the first 4 games. So I'm hoping for four touchdowns at least.

He needs 7 in the next two and then it gets "easier." 9 in next three, 12 in next four. 21 in the next 7. 23 in the next 8. 34 in the next 11. 42 in the next 13.

OK.

Crazy talk,  but I don't know what is crazier, thinking that four as easy or being upset that we didn't pass and one of Hunt's touchdowns. 

Remember the back half of our schedule is the easier one...

48 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Remember the back half of our schedule is the easier one...

Yeah, though I don't think he will get there because if we continue to do as well as we are, he will be sitting week 17. But in the 40's is expected (2.25 TDs per game if he sits Week 17).

The record for TD passes isn't important.  Scoring enough points to overcome the defense is the real test and so far, Mahomes has passed with flying colors.  I'd be just as happy if Hunt ran for four TDs next Monday and Mahomes throws for none as long the the Donks score less than 28k.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

The record for TD passes isn't important.  Scoring enough points to overcome the defense is the real test and so far, Mahomes has passed with flying colors.  I'd be just as happy if Hunt ran for four TDs next Monday and Mahomes throws for none as long the the Donks score less than 28k.

Yes, I only really care until he's out of pace. I think it's pretty cool they have the most through 3. Now I want the most in four. But if he doesn't, I think I'll drop it.

So while I wish she had had two more touchdowns instead of Hunt, I realize how using Hunt helps in the long term and it still score is the same number of points.

I don't really care who scores the touchdowns. It would be crazy if I did because I defended us not having any receiver touchdowns that one year because it didn't really matter who scored it was the win/loss record that mattered. It'll be silly for me to change now. (Yes, for those games that we should have one if we had used our receivers, it mattered. I just didn't bellyache after a win.)

2 hours ago, West said:

Its all about the "W's"....

Best part of the Niners Game?

The O-line and Kareem Hunt took over to kill the clock with the rushing game at the end.

Mahomes is the real deal, so is the physicality of the O-Line.

w

That's a big key.  For all the whining about the O-line, they haven't hurt the offense this season.  Sure, a couple of holding calls killed opportunities, but Mahomes has taken very few sacks and it's not because he's dumping off at the first sign of pressure.  The last four or five minutes of the game were perfect.  They got the yardage to keep the ball and the clock running.  What amazed me was when the Niners took a field goal when they need two touchdowns to tie or win the game.  After the FG, they still needed two TDs.  The math just didn't add up for me with so little time remaining.  Maybe someone can explain why a FG was better than taking the long shot of a TD.  Maybe losing Grap shook up the sidelines.

Fitzpatrick threw three INTs, so now we have the highest (traditional) passer rating like we did last year. Two years in a row if Mahomes can keep it up with two different QBs. Most efficient deep passer last year in Smith and best deep passer in Mahomes. First in division like last year. Maybe a bye week like two years ago. Highest ESPN QBR rating.

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

That actually might be very critical for us. Mahomes won a game last year by driving the team down the field and not passing for a TD but it was a meaningless game. At this point we need him to practice running an offense without throwing a TD. It'll be critical in the playoffs and other bad weather games. 

Archived