Berry may practice this week

Eric Berry - DB - Chiefs

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Eric Berry (heel) is "improving" and "could practice this week."

The Chiefs are 2-0, but they have given up 860 passing yards and six touchdowns in those wins. Berry would not fix all of their issues, but his return would be a big boost for Kansas City's defense. The Chiefs gets the 49ers at home this week.

Berry won't play until he's confident he can play and stay healthy.  The Chiefs really need these next two games considering the two after that so it would be great if Berry could contribute.  At the same time, it would be a shame to come back too early then miss the major part of the season.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, FANATIC said:
Eric Berry - DB - Chiefs

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Eric Berry (heel) is "improving" and "could practice this week."

The Chiefs are 2-0, but they have given up 860 passing yards and six touchdowns in those wins. Berry would not fix all of their issues, but his return would be a big boost for Kansas City's defense. The Chiefs gets the 49ers at home this week.

Believe it upon seeing it. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I don't think this will end well. JMO

Agree.  Don't know who's at fault, but it would seem that the Chiefs thought Berry would be back for the whole season and they drafted accordingly.  Now they have to play a poorly skilled player along side one who they had earlier released. 

We could have picked up some FA Safety, there were a few of them around. If he's coming back by the 5th or 6th week he should have been on IR with designation to return.

I don't have any trust in our medical staff at this point. They seem to fail every time with major injuries. 

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

We could have picked up some FA Safety, there were a few of them around. If he's coming back by the 5th or 6th week he should have been on IR with designation to return.

I don't have any trust in our medical staff at this point. They seem to fail every time with major injuries. 

No one can go inside a another person's body and be their tissues for them.  In the final analysis, people heal at their own rate.  I have a feeling Berry's rate will always be slow because of the intense chemotherapy he had for his Hodgkin's disease.  The effect of that lingers for a long time, maybe forever.  Berry will heal his tissue, whatever the actual diagnosis is, but it will be at his body's own pace.  What was dumb was giving him a spectacular amount of guaranteed money for three years.  The cap hit would be devastating to the team if he were released. The front office should have consulted with oncologists before doing that. That is where the finger pointing should be directed, not to the medical staff.

11 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

No one can go inside a another person's body and be their tissues for them.  In the final analysis, people heal at their own rate.  I have a feeling Berry's rate will always be slow because of the intense chemotherapy he had for his Hodgkin's disease.  The effect of that lingers for a long time, maybe forever.  Berry will heal his tissue, whatever the actual diagnosis is, but it will be at his body's own pace.  What was dumb was giving him a spectacular amount of guaranteed money for three years.  The cap hit would be devastating to the team if he were released. The front office should have consulted with oncologists before doing that. That is where the finger pointing should be directed, not to the medical staff.

And yet we have no idea whether it's cancer related or not.  Or chemo related.  He has a heel injury that has kept him out two weeks.  That's all we know. 

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And yet we have no idea whether it's cancer related or not.  Or chemo related.  He has a heel injury that has kept him out two weeks.  That's all we know. 

To be fair, it's kept him out a lot longer than two-weeks.  All of the reports I've read suggest he's not practiced or played since August 11.  That's five-weeks plus of no activity.  

I still have faith he'll be back fairly soon.  Just my gut, but I think he's playing by week five.

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

To be fair, it's kept him out a lot longer than two-weeks.  All of the reports I've read suggest he's not practiced or played since August 11.  That's five-weeks plus of no activity.  

I still have faith he'll be back fairly soon.  Just my gut, but I think he's playing by week five.

The way he limped off the field combined with heel issues last training camp would suggest he's got some chronic issues there that flare up and just need to calm down. Problem is heel, foot and even toe issues seem to really linger. Just ask Joey Bosa who's already been ruled out again for week 3. I really don't think they are hiding anything in this case even though we have in the past. It just kind of adds up to me. 

Archived