Chiefs D dead last by a wide margin

11 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I doubt we will be last. We get healthy and Berry back and we will improve. By the way there has been 3 teams ranked 20 or worse in total defense to win the super bowl. Last one in 2011 was Giants ranked 25th.

Shows the importance of the defense. A better defense is more likely to win the SB, which is no surprise. If we can get to a decent level it'll be a whole other story for this team. Right now it's a fun offensive ride that will not get us to the promised land.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

I get it.  This is a Chiefs homer site.  Goodbye!

Are you looking for a site where every poster complains, no one is allowed to be positive and people aren’t allowed to disagree with your opinions, man so dramatic.  Oh no someone doesn’t agree with me so I’m going to just call them Homer’s 🙄

19 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Bend dont break does just this. Allows yardage but not points is the goal and if they do score then make it a fg

This is why that philosophy is wrong. In another game that haunts our dreams, we held the Steelers to all field goals and no touchdowns and WE LOST.  This year we switched it up and held them to all touchdowns and no field goals and WE WON! See...we are on to something new.

2 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

This is why that philosophy is wrong. In another game that haunts our dreams, we held the Steelers to all field goals and no touchdowns and WE LOST.  This year we switched it up and held them to all touchdowns and no field goals and WE WON! See...we are on to something new.

Not doubting it. O have seen it work. It takes a much better defense than we have as of now.

5 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Patriots run a 3-4 and they are ALWAYS TOP 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Sutton is gone after this season steal a DEFENSIVE COACH FROM BILLY'S  TEAM.

The Patriots do their best to keep the guys who are actually good, and they let go the guys who aren't critical to their success.  Who has had SUSTAINED success from the Belichick coaching/personnel tree?  Thomas Dimitroff is probably at the top of the list.  Bill O'Brien maybe has a chance to be something better than he is now.  Other guys have only been good in brief spurts before ultimately flaming out (McDaniels, Weis).  Some have been fairly consistent tire fires (Crennel).  Point being I don't think there is a magic coordinator we could bring in from NE.

2 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

NE was 30th last year behind the Chiefs in total yard allowed

Not always top 5 but they did make it to the SB woth that bad of a defense.

2 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

NE has been top 5 in points allowed 3 times in the past 10 years.   majority of that time they were sitting at 8 9 or 10.  Still good though.    It would be interesting to see what their rankings would be if you took out their 6 division games with the Jets Phins and Bills would be cause none have produced a good offense consistently during that time.   

No more Patriot coaches.   Can't think of  an ex pats coach that has gone on to do anything once they left.   

Archived