Home Games

1 hour ago, Pitbulljim said:

Okay we won 2 road games, my question is can we win all of our home games?  If so what do you think the Chiefs record will be at the end of the season?

I would like that, but we have some tough ones...like Jacksonville.  We're already at a point where it will be a let down if we lose the easy ones (like our home opener this week or on the road against a questionable Denver team), but I also want to win the "prove it" games like against Jacksonville or at NE.  I mean, there is never a game I "want" to lose, but some are more palatable than others.

As for a record prediction, unless the defense collapses even further I have to believe we'll go at least 7-3, maybe 8-2 over the back 10.  So if we even split the next four I think we are looking at 11-5 or 12-4.

So far the Broncos look more balanced but nowhere near our level. Still the team reminds me of the Vermail era when we had great offense paired up with a terrible defense. I think any tough game could end up in a loss at this point but we also have the talent to win against anyone. 

11 or 12 wins wouldn't be a big surprise for me.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

So far the Broncos look more balanced but nowhere near our level. Still the team reminds me of the Vermail era when we had great offense paired up with a terrible defense. I think any tough game could end up in a loss at this point but we also have the talent to win against anyone. 

11 or 12 wins wouldn't be a big surprise for me.

Denver sucks, they beat two bad teams at home and it took a last second field goal to win one of them. They're pretenders.

25 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Denver sucks, they beat two bad teams at home and it took a last second field goal to win one of them. They're pretenders.

I agree, they might win more games than expected because they already have two in the bank, but I think they are fundamentally a team that can easily be overcome.

Arrowhead Home Field Advantage is a Myth. That said: This team can win any day against any team based on offense and special teams. Win the turnover battle and 11-5 is realistic. Best of all....Who wants to face KC in a play off? Lots-O-Fun ahead win or lose. Im actually glad they have these ridiculous QB protection rules in place. KC needs a healthy Mahomes for 15 years.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

I agree, they might win more games than expected because they already have two in the bank, but I think they are fundamentally a team that can easily be overcome.

Easily be overcome? Two tough road wins suggest not so much. Those two defenses were supposed to be above avg. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

They have an EASY schedule too.  Plus, per the usual, they start out with 4 of their first 6 games at home. 

32 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Arrowhead Home Field Advantage is a Myth. That said: This team can win any day against any team based on offense and special teams. Win the turnover battle and 11-5 is realistic. Best of all....Who wants to face KC in a play off? Lots-O-Fun ahead win or lose. Im actually glad they have these ridiculous QB protection rules in place. KC needs a healthy Mahomes for 15 years.

It has been in the past but we haven't had great teams and people weren't excited by Alex Smith.

Once the big plays start coming Arrowhead will be rocking once again.  Most people in attendance have been waiting over 25 years to see them get a real quarterback.

13 minutes ago, dksww said:

They have an EASY schedule too.  Plus, per the usual, they start out with 4 of their first 6 games at home. 

There’s only two teams on their schedule not on ours.  Other than the Chiefs of course.  I find it amusing Elway has now resorted to the old Chiefs approach to revive franchise. Solid journeyman QB and a good defense has proven it will get you regular season wins and make them at least a threat to division title .  Upside of that plan is also well known.  

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

There’s only two teams on their schedule not on ours.  Other than the Chiefs of course.

People tend to overrate schedule within a division context.  Like you say, it's only two games different (we play Jax and NE, they get two easier games), other than the fact that they play each other (Denver playing us twice is really harder than us playing them twice, I would argue).  The home/road splits and ordering of the schedule can be a big factor as well.  But it's insignificant within a division as compared to what happens between divisions---we're playing the AFC North and NFC West this, I would argue that's probably on balance slightly favorable compared to the combinations teams in other divisions will have to face.

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

People tend to overrate schedule within a division context.  Like you say, it's only two games different (we play Jax and NE, they get two easier games), other than the fact that they play each other (Denver playing us twice is really harder than us playing them twice, I would argue).  The home/road splits and ordering of the schedule can be a big factor as well.  But it's insignificant within a division as compared to what happens between divisions---we're playing the AFC North and NFC West this, I would argue that's probably on balance slightly favorable compared to the combinations teams in other divisions will have to face.

it's not just who you play, but when and where you play them.

Plus, like i said, the Broncos play 4 of their first 6 at home while KC plays 4 of their first 6 on the road.

Denver also gets PIT and LAR at home while we got them on the road.

IMO, the Chiefs' first 2 wins of the season are the best quality wins in the league so far. 

1 hour ago, dksww said:

it's not just who you play, but when and where you play them.

Plus, like i said, the Broncos play 4 of their first 6 at home while KC plays 4 of their first 6 on the road.

IMO, the Chiefs' first 2 wins of the season are the best quality wins in the league so far. 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

At the moment, that should mean Den loses two home games that the Chiefs play on the road and have already won half of.  The LAR  game isn't a home game for the Rams since they play in Mexico City.  I really like the Chiefs schedule after the bye week.

4 hours ago, FANATIC said:

As a guy whos been to every game for over two decades, I can assure you the noise level that impacts opponents ability to hear the QB and call audibles is NO MYTH!! But if you don't have defense to take advantage, its not much of any advantage. That I completely agree with. 

27 minutes ago, jetlord said:

At the moment, that should mean Den loses two home games that the Chiefs play on the road and have already won half of.  The LAR  game isn't a home game for the Rams since they play in Mexico City.  I really like the Chiefs schedule after the bye week.

You would think so, but we all know how "fortunate" Denver is at home.  I like our schedule now after 2 games from what we've seen.  The only games that concern me going forward are JAX, @ NE and @LAR.  I guess an argument could be made for week 4 in Denver, but KC is riding a 5 game W streak over them and the Broncos looked terrible in their 2 nail biting wins.

3 hours ago, dksww said:

It has been in the past but we haven't had great teams and people weren't excited by Alex Smith.

Once the big plays start coming Arrowhead will be rocking once again.  Most people in attendance have been waiting over 25 years to see them get a real quarterback.

There's a definite excitement level Mahomes brings that I havent seen around this city since the early 90s. And I think most people are still pretty grounded in reality about this as well. That said again it's defense and specifically pass rush where fans help the Chiefs the most. 

It's always possible that the defense could be inspired and play better with the home crowd.  They did force three punts in a row last Sunday with the game still to be decided so it's not completely hopeless.  Just have to stop Breida.  I hate seeing the defense make heroes out of visiting RBs.

Archived