49ers Pre-game

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the fuck the Bob and Co. work on at practice during the week? These pussies are constantly out-schemed so they're not getting any benefit from film studies... Maybe they're using that extra time to concentrate on tackling drills, but for his sake I hope not if this is the results of that extra work 

Our secondary is bad but they are College Division 2 bad in zone coverage.   Again I'll ask if we are hardly ever in a 3-4 defense then why are we drafting/signing players for that base set?   Why are we drafting and signing press man DB's when we run a majority of our coverage in zone?   If we are going for prevent D we should just go back to the horrific Cover 2 and get zone covering DB's.    Yes this is on the players but its also on coaching for putting our weakness in an even more vulnerable position with this vanilla play calling.  

8 minutes ago, Nickac68516 said:

What the fuck the Bob and Co. work on at practice during the week? These pussies are constantly out-schemed so they're not getting any benefit from film studies... Maybe they're using that extra time to concentrate on tackling drills, but for his sake I hope not if this is the results of that extra work 

I don't think it's so much that they're getting out-schemed, guys just aren't making plays.  Ford has made a few, but Houston hasn't done shit.  The defensive line hasn't had a single named called outside of offsides penalties.  Ragland hasn't had his name called at all.  The only defensive players I can think of that have made any plays this game are Scandrick, Hitchens and Ford.  It's easy to blame Bob, but at some point, players gotta play.  We spent the whole offseason bitching about Houston being in coverage and not rushing the passer, but he's been rushing the passer all day and accomplished nothing. 

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

Not sure of you saw the highlight of Clay Matthews getting flagged for a perfect sack against Alex Smith just now. Textbook sack, NFL is out of hand.

Saw it after they mentioned, that's just terrible job by the refs. If NFL calls this one a good call then the league is in trouble. 

Archived