49ers Pre-game

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Adamixoye said:

Other than that OPI I can't think of any that were cheap, though.  The DPI on the 2nd(?) drive was probably the next but that was a valid make-up call.

Usually they don’t throw the flag that often. Maybe if we have a golden boy QB the league will make the call in our favor a few times.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

Other than that OPI I can't think of any that were cheap, though.  The DPI on the 2nd(?) drive was probably the next but that was a valid make-up call.

Usually they overlook the penalties against us. The OPI might have gone our way but there's clear holding against Houston on that play.

22 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

It’s obvious we need to get Berry back and trade for Thomas at this point to be a super bowl caliber team 

Would anyone say that 2 second round draft picks was too steep a price? Assuming we can pick up a 3rd next year and maybe a 5th rounder? 

32 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

It’s obvious we need to get Berry back and trade for Thomas at this point to be a super bowl caliber team 

I don't think it's obvious.  I would not mortgage the future for a rental at free safety.  Now if the price is right that's a different story.

11 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Would anyone say that 2 second round draft picks was too steep a price? Assuming we can pick up a 3rd next year and maybe a 5th rounder? 

Ok now you're joking.  2 second round picks for a safety?  I wouldn't even do 1 second round pick.  Maybe a 4th or 5th.  Maybe.  The price is most definitely not right.

Yeah but I’m not concerned that the Chiefs wouldn’t pick the right guys if the had 2 3rd round picks next year. Kelce and Hunt were third round draft picks, I think. Hill was a 5th. I’m desperate for a super bowl guys. With this offense the time is now. But I defer to your superior draft acumen. I think a super bowl trophy is worth anything 

10 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Yeah but I’m not concerned that the Chiefs wouldn’t pick the right guys if the had 2 3rd round picks next year. Kelce and Hunt were third round draft picks, I think. Hill was a 5th. I’m desperate for a super bowl guys. With this offense the time is now. But I defer to your superior draft acumen. I think a super bowl trophy is worth anything 

you're desperate.. 🤣

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

you're desperate.. 🤣

We should all be. Yeah I know I know. But why waste this season on a defense we all know is going to absolutely fail in the postseason? I just need this guys. Lol. The last super bowl the Chiefs won I was freaking three years old. 

How does that work for their cap?  If they trade him now does the savings from trading him roll over into next years cap?   That would help us in not having to offer up a high to mid round pick.   Still the reason he's unhappy is because he's not making 15 mil per which there is no way you could justify 30 million in your two starting safeties even if we could swing it (which I think we could).  

Archived