49ers Pre-game

30 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Yeah but I’m not concerned that the Chiefs wouldn’t pick the right guys if the had 2 3rd round picks next year. Kelce and Hunt were third round draft picks, I think. Hill was a 5th. I’m desperate for a super bowl guys. With this offense the time is now. But I defer to your superior draft acumen. I think a super bowl trophy is worth anything 

Love this team but one guy will not make a big enough difference. This defense simply sucks and has no depth. Its 2019. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have all watched the last three games. We know the weakness. Murray is not Eric Berry and whoever else they throw in there. Parker.. This would be the best safety tandem in the NFL. Middle of the field would be gone. Just saying. Not sure on cap implications and who cares? Don’t waste this offensive juggernaut! 

Love seeing the success Mahomes and the offense is having, still tired of watching the defense just quit with these huge leads.  

Is Bob Sutton gone yet?  

I will say, if somehow the Chiefs were to add either B. Breeland or E. Thomas that could be a huge boost to the defense assuming E. Berry comes back at some point as well.

I would be willing to give SEA  a 3rd for Thomas, nothing more because we'd only really have him for 8 games or so.  Not sure I would give him big $ on an extension, either.

Not sure about anything in getting Thomas but is is intriguing.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Love seeing the success Mahomes and the offense is having, still tired of watching the defense just quit with these huge leads.  

Is Bob Sutton gone yet?  

I will say, if somehow the Chiefs were to add either B. Breeland or E. Thomas that could be a huge boost to the defense assuming E. Berry comes back at some point as well.

I would be willing to give SEA  a 3rd for Thomas, nothing more because we'd only really have him for 8 games or so.  Not sure I would give him big $ on an extension, either.

Not sure about anything in getting Thomas but is is intriguing.

Totally interested but like Zen said, the price might be too high. I’m so stoked about this offense I’m not wanting to wait another year and hope it keeps churning. 

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Love this team but one guy will not make a big enough difference. This defense simply sucks and has no depth. Its 2019. 

Agreed. I also want a superbowl badly,  but if would have to be a slam dunk acquisition, and I'm not sure it is. I was holding out hope that they were not that bad, but giving up 400 yards to the niners is too much.  

It would have to be an unbelievable scenario.  Fleece the Seahawks for Thomas, somehow Sutton changes and attacks with Houston & Ford (along with Ford not being hurt), along with Berry coming back and playing at a pro bowl level, along with Thomas. Not going to happen.

Just now, gochiefsgo said:

Totally interested but like Zen said, the price might be too high. I’m so stoked about this offense I’m not wanting to wait another year and hope it keeps churning. 

I agree, I said I would be willing to give up a 3rd because if you let him walk in FA you get a 3rd round comp in 2020.

I'm not sure about that tho since it's an in season trade

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

The entire coaching staff melted down in the second half. So much confusion and a blowout becomes a game. 

Not blaming the coaching for the lack of offense in the second half.  Harris dropped a first down and the hold on LDT prevented a first down on the Niner's 5.  That's to probable scores wiped out.  Also, the Chiefs always had a two score lead.  Bad time for Mahomes possible first INT.

35 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

One guy could make a huge difference.  One stop on third and long can change a whole game.  The Chiefs can't rely on scoring at this rate and they need defensive stops when they do have the lead.  Not saying a safety will make the defense good, it won't, but making it better might be enough to win a few more games.

27 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Anyone else think Ramik Wilson should have been kept over Ragland?

No.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

Even if we could swing it why would we?  They're both going to be 30.  And if you're gonna pay Thomas that much just pick him up as a free agent for next year.  No draft capital required.

Because they have a great window to win it all right now today if they can get a middle of the pack D.

As for the 30 mark, a safety that takes care of themselves still has a good 5 plus years of solid play left in them.

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

No.

Because they have a great window to win it all right now today if they can get a middle of the pack D.

As for the 30 mark, a safety that takes care of themselves still has a good 5 plus years of solid play left in them.

Hey look, like liquidfriend says, if this is a top 20 Defense it’s on. They could win it all. This year not 2019. 

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

No.

I don't think a safety makes this defense middle of the pack considering our corners.  There is no magic fix for our secondary.

Look if veach can work out a kc friendly deal I'm all for it.  Just don't give up tomorrow for a quick fix that is unlikely to work out.

I also don't think you can count on a 3rd round compensatory pick if he walks after this year, considering how driven those are by compensation and the depressed safety market.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

I would really, strongly advise you to key in on Eric Murray.  I'm going to disagree with you here.

And I would like to advise you to check out the rest of the secondary, the middling pass rush and the middle linebackers in coverage.  Eric Murray is not the extent of our issues.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

And I would like to advise you to check out the rest of the secondary, the middling pass rush and the middle linebackers in coverage.  Eric Murray is not the extent of our issues.

He's the biggest liability.  I'm not saying the only one, but there isn't a single player out there that is worse than Eric Murray.

Without quality play in the last level of the Defense, you're a 32nd ranked squad.  They are 32nd because players get deep on them.

Archived