Ok, What happened if we put Mahomes into the playoff game against Titans second half?

That was never going to happen and shouldn't.  Alex Smith was a big reason for the Chiefs' turnaround and the coaches saw how helpful he was with Mahomes.

There's no way the Chiefs were going to treat Alex Smith that way and I'm glad they didn't.  

3 hours ago, dksww said:

That was never going to happen and shouldn't.  Alex Smith was a big reason for the Chiefs' turnaround and the coaches saw how helpful he was with Mahomes.

There's no way the Chiefs were going to treat Alex Smith that way and I'm glad they didn't.  

Well said. This was always going to be one last run for the veterans and unfortunately it ended the way the rest of them had. But those guys and certainly Alex deserved the opportunity to sink or swim.  

The resoect this organization showed Alex by basically letting him sign off on our trade partner says it all. 

13 hours ago, dksww said:

yes, we would have been no better than the 49ers

I think Pat would have won the game. But a bad coaching decision. What do you do for the next game? Throw the rook in to stunt his development? Hurt the trade value of Alex? Andy is more thought out than that. He has been in this game to long to panic under pressure.

we lost that game because we didn’t have the line to pound the ball and we didn’t have the defense to make a serious run.

Just like this year. We could sell the farm to win a playoff game, but at what cost to the dynasty that is coming.

This whole topic is pointless.  It's like asking if we should have run instead of passing after an interception.  Reid went with what he thought was the best, maybe only, option and it didn't work.  Easy to see in hindsight, but I didn't hear too many people calling for Smith's removal during the game.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:18 PM, jetlord said:

This whole topic is pointless.  It's like asking if we should have run instead of passing after an interception.  Reid went with what he thought was the best, maybe only, option and it didn't work.  Easy to see in hindsight, but I didn't hear too many people calling for Smith's removal during the game.

2 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

We may or may not win but I bet we don't get Fuller from the Skins for Alex if we benched him in the playoffs...

Exactly.  This is why it didn't happen and should've never happened anyway. 

Archived