Chiefs wanting to trade for Earl Thomas!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this also "seems" to indicate that the Chiefs would be "all in" on this season to make a serious run at it. I don't think that they expected to have a "biblical" offense like this. You shore up that Defense with a trade like that and it's on. This would be a serious signing for the Chiefs. Arguably the top safety in the game. 

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why does the Chiefs going out a trading for a FS mean Berry is probably done? Berry excels in the box. Thomas excels playing the deep middle. 

I agree. I don't understand why most everyone is immediately jumping to that conclusion. The heel injury doesn't seem that bad, and any conversation about the Chiefs making a run would include both safeties, not one or the other. Having just Berry or Thomas doesn't do enough as bad a the Chiefs defense has been IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that's I I see it. 

I wouldn't say without a doubt this interest has something to do with Berry but I don't think any of us can rule it out either.   Its been over a month for a heel issue with no real confirmation of progress.   I do think it proves that we are seriously considering going all in this year after how our offense has started the season.

I doubt it's about Berry. Chiefs are serious contenders with this offense and we have more than one need in the secondary. Thomas wouldn't be my first choice but he has been on the market for a while so why not. Thomas can hang out at FS with Berry taking care of the LOS. 

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

One guy is not going to make a big difference in this D. Gut is a free agent. Dont trade the future for maybe 13 games.

Keep in mind that Seahawks have a terrible offense and we have a lot of depth in that area. We might get a bargain with good negotiation. 

Archived