Chiefs wanting to trade for Earl Thomas!

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I wouldn't say without a doubt this interest has something to do with Berry but I don't think any of us can rule it out either.   Its been over a month for a heel issue with no real confirmation of progress.   I do think it proves that we are seriously considering going all in this year after how our offense has started the season.

I think the Chiefs are just taking their time with it since it's the beginning of the season and we could really use him down the stretch.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Would be awesome but Conley + Ware packaged with a pick is more likely. That's assuming they are scouting us since even though Ware has some reputation Conley is way under the radar.

That would be too rich for my blood. Why set yourself back that much for a freaking Safety? Plus you still have to pay the man.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

A 4th for Earl Thomas? We don't even have a 4th rounder.  We spent that on a ILB that is a major liability right now.

It's gonna take the Rams 2 to do it.  If doing that means Eric Murray is shipped to Guam, I'm all for it.

He belongs on an island somewhere not far from where the first atomic bomb tests were conducted. 

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

A 4th for Earl Thomas? We don't even have a 4th rounder.  We spent that on a ILB that is a major liability right now.

It's gonna take the Rams 2 to do it.  If doing that means Eric Murray is shipped to Guam, I'm all for it.

Ragland does look useless out there. ODaniel needs to get up to speed. Ragland has zero burst. Wtf really happened to that guys knee? Think its something to do with the original tear that kept him out a year?

8 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

He's a safety not a running back, so his age isn't a deal breaker. Thomas could easily play another 4-5yrs IF he stays healthy. 

Not so sure about that.  For many safeties I would agree, but his value is as a single high safety and his effectiveness to some extent is predicated on retaining his speed.  At some point that speed will start to go away.  When is the question and that's the gamble.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Ragland does look useless out there. ODaniel needs to get up to speed. Ragland has zero burst. Wtf really happened to that guys knee? Think its something to do with the original tear that kept him out a year?

Saban runs the piss out of his Defensive players.  A lot of them don't hold up when they get into the longer NFL years.

A major reason why I really didn't like the trade when it originally happened.

Not sure why several have indicated that they think safety is not that important.  Look at the team defense with Berry and look at it without him.  There's a fine difference between a win and loss in many games.  If Thomas is available, then the Chiefs should try to work out a reasonable extension.  If they can, then he's worth a good draft pick.  If not, then rent him for this season at the cost of a low pick.  Otherwise, forget about it.  No use in our speculating when we don't know the possibilities.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

slow start due to the flare up he had at the beginning of training camp.  I bet by week 7 or 8 Ragland is back to where he was last year

30 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

He's the biggest liability.  I'm not saying the only one, but there isn't a single player out there that is worse than Eric Murray.

Without quality play in the last level of the Defense, you're a 32nd ranked squad.  They are 32nd because players get deep on them.

I don’t know what you all were thinking but when it was 35 to 16 with nearly 18 minutes left in the game I was pissing in my boots. That’s all on the defense and watching it nearly implode was scary. Murray is the greatest concern out there. Fix it or deal with it and then add it to the never ending list of Chiefs disappointments over these long years. I hope it’s fixed with someone like Thomas and the return of Berry. Why can’t the Chiefs take a damn chance and fix this D? 

Archived