Could our Offense be bad for the team?

I was watching the game today, and i loved all the TD's in the first half but since our offense seems to score quite quickly sometimes, that could turn around and bite us in the ass eventually

We all know our defense is not good and with the way that methuselah is running things our defense is spending more time on the field so by the time the second half comes around some of our players are exhausted and we seem to give up more points in the back end of the game than at the start...we saw it in the charger, steelers and now the SF game...timely penalties and turnovers on all three teams have helped us out but we cannot count on that every week. getting EB back will help and if we do trade for Thomas that will as well but they won't fix everything

6 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I was watching the game today, and i loved all the TD's in the first half but since our offense seems to score quite quickly sometimes, that could turn around and bite us in the ass eventually

We all know our defense is not good and with the way that methuselah is running things our defense is spending more time on the field so by the time the second half comes around some of our players are exhausted and we seem to give up more points in the back end of the game than at the start...we saw it in the charger, steelers and now the SF game...timely penalties and turnovers on all three teams have helped us out but we cannot count on that every week. getting EB back will help and if we do trade for Thomas that will as well but they won't fix everything

Crazy notion.

I like ignoring some aspects at different times of the game to actually improve other ones (such as favoring run against the pass at some point). However when looking at it in general we had 16:20 TOP in the first half and this is the half we kicked so could have been even higher. More importantly the drives took quite a bit of time and gave the defense some nice rest which is the reason we were consistently good in the first half.

In the second offense failed and defense followed. 49ers showed that pretty much any team can put up points against us in a short time. So whatever we tried there wasn't working. While it's important to get all aspects of an offense involved we also need to strengthen the things that are already working. 

Archived