CAN WE PLEASE FIRE SUTTON????

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

As I posted in another thread, it's not just the Chiefs.  There are so many missed tackles by all teams that something has changed.  Either tackling isn't taught, the players are to cautious, or the runners/receivers are just such good athletes that it's harder to wrap them up.  Whatever, the coaches should address it.  It's disgusting to watch so many 3-5 yard gains turn into 12 yards or intermediate receptions turn into long gainers only because several defenders don't do their job. 

Yup, you combine this with the soft penalties being called on QB hits (the Clay one from yesterday was unreal) makes it even more important that we finally got ourselves a QB.  We need him to be the face of the NFL so he gets all the calls...

Bad angles, too low arm tackles or too high body tackles. #48 is always out of position too. Even so, our pass rush sucks and the delayed blitzes never fool anyone. Let alone, Scandrick is just no bueno. Fuller seems like a keeper and Nelson makes occasional plays. But our interior LBs and safeties are killing us in the pass game.

11 hours ago, dksww said:

I'm tired of it.  I'm sick of blowing huge leads because of prevent defense and just letting RBs and TEs run wide open over the middle of the field for first down after first down.

I don't understand the philosophy.   There's no point in having this crazy awesome offense that puts teams in huge holes on the scoreboard only to play prevent defense and let them chew up yards and get points instead of bringing constant pressure on the QB.

This prevent is supposed to keep them from making big plays and prevent them from the endzone.   Not working quite well.

We are doing decent against the run.   We are a tick late on the pass rush and making holding penalties.

There are huge holes in our zone.   It looks like multiple players are out of position or don't understand the concepts we are running.   If we don't get immediate pressure or they make a mistake then its a big gain.   Our linebackers can't get off blocks or can't finish plays around the line of scrimmage and our delayed blitzes are so late the qb is about to throw the ball when the start towards to the LOS.   I hope Ragland is still hurt because he's looked like crap the first 3 weeks.   You know its bad when your looking forward to Daniel Sorensen coming back.  I will admit our players are to blame for some of this just as much as the coaching staff.

My main issues are you knew what you had this entire offseason and you've made no adjustments.   I don't see any player developmental at all.  Please name a player we have coached up from college that is a legit starter for us.   Not an already dominant player that we've done some refining on ala Chris Jones.  Its year whatever and we have yet to develop one DB outside of Steven Nelson who is serviceable but hardly good.  How many draft picks have we used on the secondary?    

Are we running any sets with a combination of Speaks, Kpass, Ford and Houston on the field at the same time?   Or did we just draft 2 second round picks to sit behind starters for 3 years?  You do that with 4-7th rounders but not 2nd rounders.   I don't think Bob Sutton likes to put in rookies unless he absolutely has too and right now I think he's coaching for his job.....miserably I might add and so there is no chance he is going to play them.   

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

There are huge holes in our zone.   It looks like multiple players are out of position or don't understand the concepts we are running.   If we don't get immediate pressure or they make a mistake then its a big gain.   Our linebackers can't get off blocks or can't finish plays around the line of scrimmage and our delayed blitzes are so late the qb is about to throw the ball when the start towards to the LOS.   I hope Ragland is still hurt because he's looked like crap the first 3 weeks.   You know its bad when your looking forward to Daniel Sorensen coming back.  I will admit our players are to blame for some of this just as much as the coaching staff.

My main issues are you knew what you had this entire offseason and you've made no adjustments.   I don't see any player developmental at all.  Please name a player we have coached up from college that is a legit starter for us.   Not an already dominant player that we've done some refining on ala Chris Jones.  Its year whatever and we have yet to develop one DB outside of Steven Nelson who is serviceable but hardly good.  How many draft picks have we used on the secondary?    

Are we running any sets with a combination of Speaks, Kpass, Ford and Houston on the field at the same time?   Or did we just draft 2 second round picks to sit behind starters for 3 years?  You do that with 4-7th rounders but not 2nd rounders.   I don't think Bob Sutton likes to put in rookies unless he absolutely has too and right now I think he's coaching for his job.....miserably I might add and so there is no chance he is going to play them.   

Welcome to the new NFL:Arena Football. Good offense will beat a good defense. I am all in on most talent on the offense side of the ball. I accept the new reality. Hard to believe I am saying that. I do not think there is a defense that can shut down the KC offense when they are on their game. Yes they will have slumps..... just like a top pitcher or hitters do. Yet when they are on........ its unstoppable.Rule Changes are all about the Offense, QB and higher scoring games.

The defense is so odd. All three games they have gotten 3 and out stops on the other teams' first offensive possession. This has contributed to the Chiefs getting up on teams quickly. Do other teams' offenses just start slow or is there something there? DO our guys tire quickly...lose focus quickly? Just been lucky? What?

I do know this....Chiefs defense is currently on a pace to give up the most yards in NFL history and it ain't even close. That should be seen as unacceptable to Andy Reid regardless of his loyalty issues. And that needs to be relayed to Bob Sutton and the defensive players. Stop the sloppy tackling. Stop the blown assignments or sit on the bench! Demand more from your players. If they are are incapable of giving more than whose fault is that?

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

The defense is so odd. All three games they have gotten 3 and out stops on the other teams' first offensive possession. This has contributed to the Chiefs getting up on teams quickly. Do other teams' offenses just start slow or is there something there? DO our guys tire quickly...lose focus quickly? Just been lucky? What?

Opponents get stupid and try to be balanced, no matter what, when they should be exploiting the weaknesses.  My gameplan would be to pass allover this team out the gate.

Archived