Ford injury

If he misses time, (which he will because...Dee Ford) we are going to see exactly what Speaks is made of. 

Sucks because Ford has been good this season, but realistically we arent gonna throw money at him at years end with Houston already making 22 mill on the other side.

So might as well see if Speaks looks like he can be a long term piece. Should be interesting. 

Some players have talent but their bodies are not cut out to last in the NFL.  Unfortunately we tend to give those players big contracts based on their talent and watch them sit on the sidelines. If this is an injury that costs Ford some time, I hope we learn from past mistakes and don't give him a big pay day.

Ford is already done in KC. We are just waiting for his contract to run off. They thought he could be a LB but never became more than a pass rusher and a questionable one at that with only a great first step followed with nothing. If we are sticking with 3-4 it's about time we find guys accordingly, turning pass rushers to OLBs only worked with Houston and nobody else. 

Kpass should get the reps IMO.more upside as a pass rusher. Houston is likely gone next year unless he improves his pass rush. They may open the door for a Ford deal. I have not been a fan, but starting to come around.

Speaks and Kpass are the future. Hope they get a chance to put some snaps under their belt this year.

20 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Kpass should get the reps IMO.more upside as a pass rusher. Houston is likely gone next year unless he improves his pass rush. They may open the door for a Ford deal. I have not been a fan, but starting to come around.

Speaks and Kpass are the future. Hope they get a chance to put some snaps under their belt this year.

Keep Ford possibly but jettison Houston? No way would that work. I understand the cap savings etc but next year we have cap to use. I rather at least keep one decent pass rusher fo the 2 and Houston is far better than Ford. Just need to see what we have in the other 2 and go from there via draft or FA.

28 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Keep Ford possibly but jettison Houston? No way would that work. I understand the cap savings etc but next year we have cap to use. I rather at least keep one decent pass rusher fo the 2 and Houston is far better than Ford. Just need to see what we have in the other 2 and go from there via draft or FA.

I think KC should play simply play red rover red rover on defense. 🙄

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I am not sold on Speaks. Seems like he should be a DE in a 4-3. He looks as lost as Ford when he isn’t pancaked.

Agreed. Its early, but agreed. Im hoping when Sutton gets canned after the year we hire a DC who runs an aggressive 43. Kpass and Speaks would both be better fits in that role IMO.

I think ODaniel will be a better fit at OLB in a 43 as well.

49 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Maybe Ford isn't really hurt and he is just being included in the Earl Thomas trade MUAHAHA

8 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Keeping Houston depends on consistency.  Some people are saying his play has dropped off and others like at Arrowhead pride say he's still making an impact.   Not sure on this.

Houston is still a beast but dropped off as a pass rusher. Right now he resembles a 4-3 OLB more than a 3-4 OLB, as he's in coverage more often and setting the edge against the run seems more of a priority. When he goes after the QB I don't think he has his old "beast" mode but still way above average.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, kkuenn said:

Fair point. Houston is definitely one of the best all round in the game. 21 mill just a tough pill to swallow when the D needs so much talent. But you can’t throw mad money at Ford. Hope Kpass and Speaks step up. 

14 hours ago, xen said:

Watching the 2 of the best supposed defenses get carved up by the opposing offenses tonight.  With the rules and way they're calling games not sure I'd invest a lot in defense now days.  The numbers say invest in slot receivers.

Thursday games screw up team chemistry and quality. It is usually all offense or all defense. Vikings look overrated. They should be 1-3 at this point.

Rams are not going to be as good. Once Talib got hurt Rivers had his way with them. Same with Cousins yesterday. Get an injury to one of those on the DLine and they may be average to below average.

14 hours ago, xen said:

Watching the 2 of the best supposed defenses get carved up by the opposing offenses tonight.  With the rules and way they're calling games not sure I'd invest a lot in defense now days.  The numbers say invest in slot receivers.

The Rams are impressive but I think the Chiefs can beat them now. I wasn't sure before. 

28 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Thursday games screw up team chemistry and quality. It is usually all offense or all defense. Vikings look overrated. They should be 1-3 at this point.

Rams are not going to be as good. Once Talib got hurt Rivers had his way with them. Same with Cousins yesterday. Get an injury to one of those on the DLine and they may be average to below average.

It proves an great QB with  good offense,  todays nfl rules, can torch a good defense all day long. Its almost becoming flag football.

KC now has that elite QB and a great offense. I am so done with worrying about the D.  Its more important for the majority of teams that do not have an elite QB. New World for US KC Fanatics.

Archived