Not to jinx it, but Oline

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

So far it looks like I'm eating my words on Cam and hey, great.  Had some good fire when Foster was cheap shotting Pat.

Ldt on the otherhand man, I don't know.

I noticed Cam going after the defensive player who took the cheap shot at Mahomes.  It was awesome to see him defending his QB like that.

OL is pretty much the same but Erving seems to be a clear upgrade at LG. However they have good chemistry with Mahomes so far. I think they lost trust in Smith no matter how much protection they gave him but are better motivated now. Also it really helps that Mahomes can extend a play with his legs when needed and still keep the defense on their toes with that cannon arm.

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Don't we also have all 5 starters signed for the next few years?  I hope they continue to improve while playing together....

Morse if a free agent after this season. Lack of an extension when we signed guys like Erving and the reported contract offer to Jensen makes me think they want to replace him but may be Veach changes his mind if the staff is happy with the OL as a whole. 

Nevertheless we only need to take care of the OC in the offseason (via Morse or a new guy) and add another TE which seem to be the only needs for the entire offense.

38 minutes ago, West said:

Despite all the bullshit, it seems that is yet another group that Reid was right about?

It all comes down to getting the defense to play better together.

How many new guys are on the defense playing together for the first time again?

w

It sure seems that way. The Oline is playing better as a whole, but I noticed Fisher playing very well. He just keeps fighting & fighting.

Agree, Fisher keeps improving...

LDT keeps improving and he has a nasty streak.

Erving looks like a steal

Schwartz is solid

Morse is better too.

Oline proved tins when we ran for 2 first downs to kill the Niners.  Its been seemingly years since we have seen this...

Of course, I am not knocking Kareem Hunt, he is a stud.

w

3 minutes ago, West said:

Agree, Fisher keeps improving...

LDT keeps improving and he has a nasty streak.

Erving looks like a steal

Schwartz is solid

Morse is better too.

Oline proved tins when we ran for 2 first downs to kill the Niners.  Its been seemingly years since we have seen this...

Of course, I am not knocking Kareem Hunt, he is a stud.

w

its a contract year for MM. he's ok but  I think he will be expendable as much as I hate saying that about a #61 & MIZZOU guy

Archived