Reid signs with Panthers.

FANATIC

Panthers signed S Eric Reid to a one-year contract.

Reid should have been on a roster way before now, but he ended up in a great spot with the Panthers desperately in need safety help after placing Da'Norris Searcy on injured reserve. With a bye week to learn the defense, Reid could conceivably start Week 5 against the Giants.

My thought. KC must be confident Berry will play soon. Hard to put it all on Sutton when additional players are not added with Cap Space available.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Reid should have been on a roster way before now, but he ended up in a great spot with the Panthers desperately in need safety help after placing Da'Norris Searcy on injured reserve. With a bye week to learn the defense, Reid could conceivably start Week 5 against the Giants.

My thought. KC must be confident Berry will play soon. Hard to put it all on Sutton when additional players are not added with Cap Space available.

I agree that Berry will be back soon - at least I think that is the expectation of the Chiefs' organization.  That said, I think Reid was never an option regardless because of kneeling.  The Hunt family is far too conservative (in my opinion) to sign a player that would bring that type news coverage to the organization.  

Sure hope Berry comes back and can perform at a high level.  The good news is that the Chiefs have been able to beat some pretty solid teams thus far while letting him continue to heal (no pun intended). Getting him back coupled with the hopes that the defense will improve - if for no other reason than they're are a number of new parts that may become more efficient given more time to work together - should be a boost.  The Chiefs don't need a top-ten defense, but they can't expect to do anything in the post-season (assuming they make it) with a bottom 10-defense.  

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

31 other teams had passed on him too.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

So are you saying he is not better than what KC currently has on the roster? 

Yes, he is not better than what KC currently has on the roster. If he was and if KC wanted him they would have gone out got him.

Some of you think the Chiefs sit in a corner and think up new ways to piss off fans and put together a poor team.🤪

39 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yes, he is not better than what KC currently has on the roster. If he was and if KC wanted him they would have gone out got him.

Some of you think the Chiefs sit in a corner and think up new ways to piss off fans and put together a poor team.🤪

Thank you Mr 63 Guy. I wish I could read minds like you. Or maybe not. Not sure I want to waste my time with worry about what other people think or trying to predict it or tell them what they should think. I simply asked his opinion...not yours. But thanks for yours anyway. It was valuable and insightful. Maybe the Chiefs piss you off? I am not pissed off. 😨

18 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Thank you 63 guy. I wish I could read minds like you. Or maybe not. Not sure I want to waste my time with worry about what other people think or trying to predict it or tell them what they should think. I simply asked his opinion...not yours. But thanks for yours anyway. It was valuable and insightful. Maybe the Chiefs piss you off? I am not pissed off. 😨

If you don't want people to respond to what YOU post on a PUBLIC forum then you may not want to post any more. If you want ONE persons opinion then you may want to send him an IM asking for HIS opinion. 

21 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

If you don't want people to respond to what YOU post on a PUBLIC forum then you may not want to post any more. If you want ONE persons opinion then you may want to send him an IM asking for HIS opinion. 

Oh No...... Mr 63 Guy. There you go again......Once again I did not say you should not respond. I thanked you for your wisdom. It is you that is SHOULDING all over me.     I did not disagree with his answer. I dont disagree with yours. Everyone has an opinion. 

I will offer my opinion and say Eric Reid is better than what we have been putting out their at safety. While I am at it, I will say Marcus Peters is better than what we have put out there at Corner.  But from my point of view, it seems the politics behind those decisions are more important than winning.    

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Oh No...... Mr 63 Guy. There you go again......Once again I did not say you should not respond. I thanked you for your wisdom. It is you that is SHOULDING all over me.     I did not disagree with his answer. I dont disagree with yours. Everyone has an opinion. 

What is "shoulding" and why are you yelling it?  

34 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I will offer my opinion and say Eric Reid is better than what we have been putting out their at safety. While I am at it, I will say Marcus Peters is better than what we have put out there at Corner.  But from my point of view, it seems the politics behind those decisions are more important than winning.    

Yes exercising our freedom of speech. Makes sense it is political. 😀

Makes sense.  Since we're 0-3 and all.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  

Btw Eric Reid can't cover a wet paper bag so not sure how he solves any of our problems.  He's an in the box safety for the most part and our run defense has been ok.

4 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Thank you Mr 63 Guy. I wish I could read minds like you. Or maybe not. Not sure I want to waste my time with worry about what other people think or trying to predict it or tell them what they should think. I simply asked his opinion...not yours. But thanks for yours anyway. It was valuable and insightful. Maybe the Chiefs piss you off? I am not pissed off. 😨

Sorry guys, that's my bad.  I wasn't more clear on my stance FANATIC was asking about.

These players like Breeland and Reid that have gone un-signed for this long do so for a reason.  I'm not sure what that is.

Yes, it's better than what the Chiefs have right now at S, but the fact that Veach hasn't made a move at the Safety position already gives me at least hope Berry and Sorenson will come back.

As the Carolina Panthers gain a Pro Bowl safety at a bargain price, Kansas City Chiefs fans lost their collective minds—for a variety of reasons.

The Carolina Panthers signed safety Eric Reid on Thursday to a contract that will cost Carolina between $1 million and $1.9 million in 2018. This answers a few questions for Kansas City Chiefs fans and prompted a few more—much to my dismay.

We now know that NFL franchises were, in fact, allowed to sign Reid, even as he has a lawsuit against the league, and we know that Reid would accept a deal—even one that pays him a base salary one-fifth of what Daniel Sorensen will make this year.

But Chiefs Twitter really hit the fan as some fans—extremely reasonably—took this news poorly. This week, Bashaud Breeland has signed with the Green Bay Packers, and now Reid has signed with Carolina. Two strange situations, no doubt, but that’s why they were still available in late September.

Th

Archived