Watching Marcus Peters tonight...

Marleydawg

2 hours ago, hankstromboli said:

He may have been injured so im giving him a pass but he looked like he was getting beat regularly. One thing that didn't change was tackling. I noticed on a few plays he avoided tackling the ball carrier.

Dont miss him that much

Plus, Mahomes knows how to beat him. Peters was playing a little gimpy last nite though.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Plus, Mahomes knows how to beat him. Peters was playing a little gimpy last nite though.

Agreed, I had the same thoughts.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Peters purely plays for interceptions and strips. He is a liability when asked to tackle. I honestly don’t miss the antics or poor non-tackles. Be curious to see if he becomes less noticed with Talib on IR.

I got to be honest, I think the Chiefs could use him, until proven otherwise.  Having said that, I always rooted for him when he played for the Chiefs; but secretly never thought he was an elite CB as far as coverage, in addition to the things you mentioned.

He got beat too many times. Some of, if not a lot of his INT'S were made due to mistakes by the QB, were he was in the right spot at the right time. Some could argue that the reason he was in the right spot is because he's good, which would be a fair argument IMO. 

I never remember him making plays like Richard Sherman did last Sunday when he was covering Hill for that long pass by Mahomes, and Sherman is ageing and hurt. I remember an interview from Herm Edwards who said Peters was talented but not as good as Dale Carter, whom I personally had criticisms of. 

I think Justin Houston himself without naming names called out Peters in training camp saying some players were here last year for selfish reasons. This went beyond football and we wanted him out of here. The trade for Fuller gave us a way to do it without a massive drop in overall ability. There's no reason to think twice about Peters anymore. He's a good player but didn't fit here long term and we were ready to pull bandage and move forward with clean slate in the Mahomes era. 

Archived