Berry has a bone spur into his Achilles

12 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Another year off? Another year older? Lost another step? Cap money wasted? If he cant go this year, I sure hope he can, then cut him and move on. Take whatever dead money and put someone else in his place on a rookie deal. Its like the Charles issue. At some point you need to simply cut bait.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/eric-berry-6514/

28 million dollars in dead money?? Thats crippling. Its not happening after this season. There is no way.

34 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I think when you drop 2018 its much less. Worse case 8 million after 2019. 

You have to pay the dead money for each year of the contract.  It's $26m from 2019 to 2022 if you cut him after this season.   No way that is happening.

Berry will be here at least until 2020 unless he retires with an injury settlement. 

I think it's obvious at this point that we'll be drafting a Safety in 1st and possibly another one in middle rounds. If he recovers Berry will help in 2019 but he'll probably be our lone Safety on the roster assuming Sorensen gets cut. 1st round guy starts with Berry and the mid round guy replaces him later on. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Berry will be here at least until 2020 unless he retires with an injury settlement. 

I think it's obvious at this point that we'll be drafting a Safety in 1st and possibly another one in middle rounds. If he recovers Berry will help in 2019 but he'll probably be our lone Safety on the roster assuming Sorensen gets cut. 1st round guy starts with Berry and the mid round guy replaces him later on. 

I can't imagine them rolling with 2 rookies at safety.

Archived