Broncos Chiefs Game Thread

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think Denver is just playing really good defense. Real test for the kid.

What's frustrating to me is Reid's notorious for trying to outsmart everyone.  Sometimes it just comes down to execution.  Mahomes is ahead of his time, but he's still essentially a rookie, and this triple motion bullshit is just so much unnecessary fluff.  Don't get me wrong, overall I like the state of our offense, I just miss traditional run the damn ball and go over the top with play action type of offense.  

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

What a horrible half of football.  Team looks absolutely unprepared.  Defense getting it's shit pushed all over the field.  The offense is a bunch of cute motions that are vintage Reid with no real plan beyond those cute motions.  Disappointing to say the least.

I dont think they are ill prepared. I think they are doing a damn good job in pass coverage. We are running the ball effectively. Their defense has Mahomes flustered. 

We already knew this defense was awful. Watching them get fucking manhandled in the run game is disappointing. 

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont think they are ill prepared. I think they are doing a damn good job in pass coverage. We are running the ball effectively. Their defense has Mahomes flustered. 

We already knew this defense was awful. Watching them get fucking manhandled in the run game is disappointing. 

Kelce dropping catchable balls is really hurting us as well.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Doesnt some of that go back to coaching. Werthers Original is the least fiery DC Ive ever seen.

Form tackling is something you learn in peewee football.  By the time a player hits the NFL, they should be well versed in tackling.  Between film, scheme and technique, practice time is pretty well consumed.  I'm not Sutton apologist, but a professional football player shouldn't require coaching on how to tackle. 

Stupid penalties derail any momentum on O and instead of running the ball down their throat we try and outsmart them and play right into there hands.   Our ILBs and safeties are pitiful.   Multiple times we could have made a play for a loss or little gain that turned into a big gain.   

Archived