Patrick Mahomes

3 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Well it’s more towards how I feel about him from previous games. Whenever he seemed not himself, it would be due to the lack of attention pertaining to his reception count. I hope I’m wrong, and probably am wrong. I’m not sure

I don't know he seems to be past the antics we saw earlier in his career.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't know he seems to be past the antics we saw earlier in his career.  

Man thanks goodness Mahomes is professionally legit. He’s not like Jameis Winston, Cam Newton, fuckin uhhh all those stars who put themselves before the team. Mahomes just feels blessed and not getting full of himself, so far at least. 

Good thing too he’s got a great gal by his side so no natural needs getting in his way, catch my drift 

Be very careful Zads... You are highly vulnerable to a "Heartbreak"....

I honestly think Patrick Mahomes can lead the team to a SB.  But the defense has not yet proven themselves to be at a high level.

As a fan for over 53 years, I always suggest extreme caution since the Dolphins - Chiefs Classic OT Game and Stenerud's missed FG.

w

9 minutes ago, West said:

Be very careful Zads... You are highly vulnerable to a "Heartbreak"....

I honestly think Patrick Mahomes can lead the team to a SB.  But the defense has not yet proven themselves to be at a high level.

As a fan for over 53 years, I always suggest extreme caution since the Dolphins - Chiefs Classic OT Game and Stenerud's missed FG.

w

PTSD

I will never feel at ease until the Chiefs are raising the trophy. Two reasons: the refs and injuries. Even if there is no conspiracy, they can and do make mistakes, like the one on our final drive two days ago. Even though our other bad calls against us have not been corrected, I feel that one could go the other way in the future. Hopefully our quarterback avoids the injuries.  Knock on wood 

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I will never feel at ease until the Chiefs are raising the trophy. Two reasons: the refs and injuries. Even if there is no conspiracy, they can and do make mistakes, like the one on our final drive two days ago. Even though our other bad calls against us have not been corrected, I feel that one could go the other way in the future. Hopefully our quarterback avoids the injuries.  Knock on wood 

Yep, if Kelce hadn't been hit at the end o the first half against the Titans, the Chiefs would have had at least one more playoff game last season.  Too many variables to assume the best team will win and the Chiefs defense keeps them from being the best this year.

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yep, if Kelce hadn't been hit at the end o the first half against the Titans, the Chiefs would have had at least one more playoff game last season.  Too many variables to assume the best team will win and the Chiefs defense keeps them from being the best this year.

I'm confident that we would still be able to find another way to lose that one. 

13 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I'm confident that we would still be able to find another way to lose that one. 

Nope!  I'm sure it's been beaten to death already, but Smith lost his go to guy and his mojo in the second half.  Changed the whole game around.

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Great QBs ultimately will overcome bad calls and untimely injuries (within reason). May not happen this year but give me 10 seasons with Mahomes and I’m pretty confident miraculously luck will start working for us, rather than against us.  Heck we saw it on Monday.  Funny how talent can do that.  

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I feel pretty confident that Andy is going to win a Super Bowl with Pat.  I never felt that way with Alex Smith, unless the entire team was elite.

Pat can carry an average squad to the top, IMO.

That's exactly what happens historically.  With a great QB, an average squad can win the Lombardi.

27 minutes ago, jetlord said:

None have had a #32 defense.  

Unlike the Vermeil era we have the resources to fix this unit in earnest pretty quickly, but I'm not seeing how that's gonna help the 2018 team minus a miraculous recovery from EB which seems less and less likely. Pretty soon the better coaches are going to figure out how to exploit our weaknesses. That said the offense is dynamic enough that there is no game we can't win anyway. Just gonna be hard to be consistent. We can't rely on highlight film plays from the QB every week can we?

This realistically isn't the Chiefs year.  They have the offense and it should be better with experience but there's no way the defense isn't going to let the team down a few games.  The three and out in the Denver game was great but one has to wonder what the result would have been if their idiot coach hadn't decided to abandon the run game that was averaging over 7 yds./carry with a two score lead in the fourth.  They still almost blew it but the QB missed a wide open DT that would have won the game for the Donks.  The point is that the defense is going to lose some games that the offense puts up 30 in.  Gotta hope for growth of Kpass and Speaks, a stud FA DB, and some great draft picks in the first three rounds.

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well none by total points allowed. That is the stat they go off if for SB winners. There have been in the 20s with the lowest at 25. We are currently 25th

Your talking about the 2011 Giants? they were terrible statically and won it all. The closest team I could relate to the 18 Chiefs is the  2009 Saints. 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

This realistically isn't the Chiefs year.  They have the offense and it should be better with experience but there's no way the defense isn't going to let the team down a few games.  The three and out in the Denver game was great but one has to wonder what the result would have been if their idiot coach hadn't decided to abandon the run game that was averaging over 7 yds./carry with a two score lead in the fourth.  They still almost blew it but the QB missed a wide open DT that would have won the game for the Donks.  The point is that the defense is going to lose some games that the offense puts up 30 in.  Gotta hope for growth of Kpass and Speaks, a stud FA DB, and some great draft picks in the first three rounds.

You're probably right Jetlord. 

On a side note, and this is probably my emotions kicking in grasping for something; but the defense has got better week to week as far as yards.  Week 1- 542 yards. Week 2- 475. Week-3 406 and week 4- 385. 

9 minutes ago, qnet said:

Your talking about the 2011 Giants? they were terrible statically and won it all. The closest team I could relate to the 18 Chiefs is the  2009 Saints. 

On a side note, and this is probably my emotions kicking in grasping for something; but the defense has got better week to week as far as yards.  Week 1- 542 yards. Week 2- 475. Week-3 406 and week 4- 385. 

That's a good stat and maybe it indicates something, but still I visualize the long runs, atrocious tackling, and blown coverages and think there's no way this team goes deep into the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, qnet said:

Yes then 2011 Giants and look at the offense team they beat that year. We are getting better and I think it continues with us being around 17th in points allowed. They get Berry back, still looking for another db erc. They have not given up on the defense and as they play more together they will get better. Heck Ragland had his knee issue and did not play much in pre season, neither did Hitchens. Scandrick was not even here etc. 

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yes then 2011 Giants and look at the offense team they beat that year. We are getting better and I think it continues with us being around 17th in points allowed. They get Berry back, still looking for another db erc. They have not given up on the defense and as they play more together they will get better. Heck Ragland had his knee issue and did not play much in pre season, neither did Hitchens. Scandrick was not even here etc. 

Can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Sorensen will be and upgrade too. Omg.. Murray is so fucking bad.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

That's a good stat and maybe it indicates something, but still I visualize the long runs, atrocious tackling, and blown coverages and think there's no way this team goes deep into the playoffs.

Like the Giants we could get lucky in the playoffs. There's no clear cut team in the AFC that's good on both sides of the ball so if we get a good matchup we could go all the way. I agree on paper we should have a 2013-like run with so many issues but you never know in the NFL.

Archived