Jacksonville

7 minutes ago, ATLchief said:

Don't know if Jax will be the ones to figure it out, but one of these days, someone will just run it down the Chiefs' throat for 4 quarters.  Chiefs can't stop it.  Keeps the offense off the field.  Kind of shocked no one has tried that yet.

Yuuup. Vance had a chance to do it last night.....Foiled it!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jags can definitely beat the Chiefs, but I can see the Chiefs winning also. Liquidfriend made a good point about the Pats, Ravens and Bengals. All three of those teams scare me more than the Jags in the AFC,  especially the Ravens.  Having said that, this will be another tough game. 

Sidenote: the Browns defense is no slouch ether. 

3 minutes ago, qnet said:

The Jags can definitely beat the Chiefs, but I can see the Chiefs winning also. Liquidfriend made a good point about the Pats, Ravens and Bengals. All three of those teams scare me more than the Jags in the AFC,  especially the Ravens.  Having said that, this will be another tough game. 

Sidenote: the Browns defense is no slouch ether. 

^^^^^^This!

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Jags are the best team in the AFC in my opinion.  We’ve got our hands full on short week. Really good chance of rain too so that will be interesting as well.  

Short week, kinda sorta. The Chiefs are at home so no travel day where Jax has to waste a day traveling. Seems like a wash to me.

As far as best team goes, they have played 3 of their 4 games at home and against the hapless Jets and Giants. They lost to the only team with a winning record in a 9-6 outing. They also beat a wishy washy NE team.

KC has won 3 on the road, yes one of them was against the equally as hapless Steelers but beating the Chargers and Denver in their house is not an easy feat.

I'm not saying they will win, because I believe in any given Sunday, but I don't think their team is any better than Denver or the Chargers.

The Browns Defense is easily exploitable by this team.  Williams sells out nearly every down and leaves gaping wide holes.

I think the Bengals are a bigger issue as they have a good D coordinator and plenty of weapons on Offense.

All the Chiefs need to do for this week is build an early lead and let Bortles choke it away.  Rush the hell out of him.

On Offense just tire them out by pounding them with the RBs.  Even the best Defenses wear out.  This is where I'd utilize more air raid concepts with dual RBs.

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Vance is .500 currently with his 2 losses coming against AFC powerhouses and playing with a below average QB.  I think he's fine for right now.

Ha, not in Denver. Denver fans expect to go to the damn super bowl every year. Worst fans ever!

Me and Chiefs1963 live in Denver (COS), and the fans here are worst. They expect every qb to play like Elway, every defense to play like the "old" no fly zone, and every RB to run like Terrell Davis. Worst fans I've every seen....even worse than Raider fans.
I love coming to work after we beat them..........It's the greatest feeling EVERRRRRRRRRR!

35 minutes ago, artsy said:

Ha, not in Denver. Denver fans expect to go to the damn super bowl every year. Worst fans ever!

Me and Chiefs1963 live in Denver (COS), and the fans here are worst. They expect every qb to play like Elway, every defense to play like the "old" no fly zone, and every RB to run like Terrell Davis. Worst fans I've every seen....even worse than Raider fans.
I love coming to work after we beat them..........It's the greatest feeling EVERRRRRRRRRR!

Broncos fans are just fickle bitches.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

The next prime time game in Arrowhead is Dec 13.  The whole season will look different by that time.  Of course, it's against the Chargers and that could still have playoff effects.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get flexed considering we were a ratings hit last night. Possibly even the Bengals game which I believe by rule can be done. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Vance is .500 currently with his 2 losses coming against AFC powerhouses and playing with a below average QB.  I think he's fine for right now.

I hope they do keep him because Andy Reid is just head and shoulders better than him or any other coach in this division for that matter.  

4 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't agree.  That D is legit, but they are weak on the edges of the OL (dont fucking drop Houston into coverage, Bob!), the receivers really aren't that much of a threat against a non KC secondary and I still think Blake Bortles sucks.

The real race in the AFC is between the Chiefs, Patriots, Bengals and Ravens.

I say that and it really wouldn't shock me if they won Sunday with the Chiefs on a short week and a game like they just had, but the Jags aren't so good when they aren't baking the shit out of their opponents in the Florida heat.

We will have to agree to disagree because I think the Jags are LEGIT.  Just ask the Patriots. Best defense in football. Complimentary offense that can run the ball and set up play action where Bortles is very solid and DeDe Westbrook is a clearly emerging WR. 

24 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We will have to agree to disagree because I think the Jags are LEGIT.  Just ask the Patriots. Best defense in football. Complimentary offense that can run the ball and set up play action where Bortles is very solid and DeDe Westbrook is a clearly emerging WR. 

Yeah we'll absolutely have to agree to disagree.

The Jaguars only road game so far this year was a game where they barely squeaked by a shitty Giants team with an Eli Manning that should have been taken out back and put to pasture years ago.  That's even with them having extra motivation to do it right for old man Tom.

The Patriots generally play like shit when they travel to Florida and the Jets suck ass.  The D is good, but I'm not buying into them as a team. 

They let Blaine Gabbert and a gimpy Mariota beat 'em at home.  If Pat can build an early lead on the Jags, Bortles is going to give it away.  They also have an Offensive Tackle situation that makes even Denver blush.

Mix in a combo of Kareem runs and short passes to Kareem and the other backs, let them wear down and eat them alive with playaction passing.  The Jaguars D is good, but it isn't the best in the NFL.

The Chiefs are 3 point favorites which seems a little high to me.  Home field is somewhat canceled by the shorter week and JAX has a better defense than Denver.  A lot depends on whether Watkins can play.  He may be overpaid, but he's also another weapon that has to be covered with three wideout sets.

42 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah we'll absolutely have to agree to disagree.

The Jaguars only road game so far this year was a game where they barely squeaked by a shitty Giants team with an Eli Manning that should have been taken out back and put to pasture years ago.  That's even with them having extra motivation to do it right for old man Tom.

The Patriots generally play like shit when they travel to Florida and the Jets suck ass.  The D is good, but I'm not buying into them as a team. 

They let Blaine Gabbert and a gimpy Mariota beat 'em at home.  If Pat can build an early lead on the Jags, Bortles is going to give it away.  They also have an Offensive Tackle situation that makes even Denver blush.

Mix in a combo of Kareem runs and short passes to Kareem and the other backs, let them wear down and eat them alive with playaction passing.  The Jaguars D is good, but it isn't the best in the NFL.

Keep in mind this team was also 5 points from the Super Bowl last year. They are the number one scoring defense in the NFL this year and were the number one scoring defense in the AFC last year.  They always struggle with the Titans (who are pretty good).

There's zero doubt we want that team and especially Bortles playing on our terms which means forcing some obvious passing downs and getting a lead. Rain will make it interesting but it looks like we catch a break with Fornette out. 

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

We'd catch a break for Fornette in.  Their playcalling is worse when he plays for some reason.

Their playoff wins at home against Buffalol and a Steelers D minus Shazier really weren't that impressive.  I think they made a giant mistake keeping the QB.

Bortles has played well especially last week working the ball accurately underneath coverage and letting underrated Moncrief and Westbrook pile up YAC. Most concerning to me on defense is the Jags run a bunch of stunts which have given our line fits at times. Darnold looked like a complete mess trying to figure out that defense. And they did that with Ramsey struggling in coverage. Even still the Jags have been by far the best team in the NFL at defending the pass over the past 20 games. They've given up less TDs than INTs and barely over 160 yards per game during that period. This is truly strength vs strength. 

Sam Darnold had zero business being a Week 1 starter in the NFL and the Jets better not hope that they ruin him. 

This is a QB driven league and even with a good D, no way can Blake Bortles hang with Pat.  The Broncos have the altitude bullshit advantage, threw out everything they could including the kitchen sink and Pat still made them lose.  It's going to be a wet rainy mess and Pat has the arm to sling it allover no matter what the weather is, while Blake is a turnover machine waiting to happen on a sunny afternoon.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Sam Darnold had zero business being a Week 1 starter in the NFL and the Jets better not hope that they ruin him. 

This is a QB driven league and even with a good D, no way can Blake Bortles hang with Pat.  The Broncos have the altitude bullshit advantage, threw out everything they could including the kitchen sink and Pat still made them lose.  It's going to be a wet rainy mess and Pat has the arm to sling it allover no matter what the weather is, while Blake is a turnover machine waiting to happen on a sunny afternoon.

Tell that to Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger.  Heck Bortles has thrown for almost 400 yards twice this season already. Since his rookie season he’s also never had more INTs than TDs.  He’s an average QB but can absolutely beat you if you let him play on his terms. I’d take him over Keenum actually. 

We also know he can have some real trouble if you dictate terms to him. Is our defense capable of doing that? This is a really good test for that.  

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Tell that to Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger.  Heck Bortles has thrown for almost 400 yards twice this season already. Since his rookie season he’s also never had more INTs than TDs.  He’s an average QB but can absolutely beat you if you let him play on his terms.  And he can also have some real trouble if you dictate terms to him. Is our defense capable of doing that? 

The Jacksonville Jaguars have only really been behind this season in one game, that they lost at home to Tennessee 9-6. 

Put them in a real deficit and he's going to crumble.  He's not going to do well if he has to start throwing past the sticks in a rainy game.

14 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Jacksonville Jaguars have only really been behind this season in one game, that they lost at home to Tennessee 9-6. 

Put them in a real deficit and he's going to crumble.  He's not going to do well if he has to start throwing past the sticks in a rainy game.

To do this we need to scrap the prevent base defense and not let him pick us apart underneath like he did last week against the Jets.  

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

To do this we need to scrap the prevent base defense and not let him pick us apart underneath like he did last week against the Jets.  

Chiefs D is awful regardless of game plan etc. Its on the offense. Love Reid going on 4th down early in the game in Denver. Seems he has a killer instinct. Hope he keeps that attitude. Helps that KC does not have to be afraid to fall behind. KILLER INSTINCT PLEASE

On 10/2/2018 at 2:18 PM, Mloe68 said:

Just ask the Patriots.

You mean the same Patriots who were schooled by Detroit, a 1-3 team the following week?

Please stop looking at stats or at least put them in perspective. Jacksonville played the #29, #26, #25 and #23 ranked offenses. That would even make KCs D look decent.

At least the Chiefs played the #6, #9, #13 and #21 ranked offenses. 

Archived