Jacksonville

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Based on what? He's not practicing, still.

He hasn't done any football activities in months.  I'd say it will take a good week or so of practicing and seeing how his stuff responds before he's active.  I don't anticipate him being back for at least another month.

Yeah mere speculation from Matt Derrick.

oKlasyCo_bigger.jpg

CBS sideline reporter Evan Washburn says #Chiefs hopeful they'll see S Eric Berry on the field "in the next two weeks." That's more direct than we've heard from Andy Reid locally but consistent with the team's actions.

28 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

You mean the same Patriots who were schooled by Detroit, a 1-3 team the following week?

Please stop looking at stats or at least put them in perspective. Jacksonville played the #29, #26, #25 and #23 ranked offenses. That would even make KCs D look decent.

At least the Chiefs played the #6, #9, #13 and #21 ranked offenses. 

The Jags offense racked up almost 500 yards of offense in that game too.  The Jags were the best scoring defense in the NFL last year. And they are the best in the AFC this year. Pass defense nobody is even close over the last 20 games. This will certainly be the best team we have played to date. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

The Jags offense racked up almost 500 yards of offense in that game too.  The Jags were the best scoring defense in the NFL last year. And they are the best in the AFC this year. Pass defense nobody is even close over the last 20 games. This will certainly be the best team we have played to date. 

This is one of two losses I have now in my revised prediction. The other is the Rams game. 

13 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Yeah mere speculation from Matt Derrick.

oKlasyCo_bigger.jpg

CBS sideline reporter Evan Washburn says #Chiefs hopeful they'll see S Eric Berry on the field "in the next two weeks." That's more direct than we've heard from Andy Reid locally but consistent with the team's actions.

Will be interesting.  I think they would be real cautious with his return.

12 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I would think they would need to pull his tendon out to shave off the spurs, which would end his season.

There’s definitely a surgical procedure far less evasive than that.  Question is how bad is it and has it damaged Achilles already.  Recovery from this version of treatment is less than a month and perhaps fits timeline we’ve seen. I doubt this happened but it does seem at least possible.  

I have this exact same “deformity” and what concerns me is that I’d be pain free if I had stayed off it for six weeks.  If he’s still not significantly better and didn’t have any procedure done, it’s troubling.  

Not to take anything away from the Jags but they have played the Giants, Jets, Titans and Pats.  Not exactly any powerhouse and yes I include the Pats in that conversation because Gronk hasn't been healthy and they don't have Edelman and they haven't looked good this year to date.   This should be a great game and our toughest to date.  

21 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Not to take anything away from the Jags but they have played the Giants, Jets, Titans and Pats.  Not exactly any powerhouse and yes I include the Pats in that conversation because Gronk hasn't been healthy and they don't have Edelman and they haven't looked good this year to date.   This should be a great game and our toughest to date.  

It's interesting. I just looked at some stats and they've face almost the opposite of what the Chiefs have. The bottom offenses while the Chiefs have faced the bottom defenses. The only exceptions were the Pats & Broncos. For the Chiefs the Donks are 17th on defense, and for the Jags the Pats are 15th on offense.   With only four games played it's hard to tell anything from that info I suppose, but we will find out what it means Sunday, if anything.

They probably think Berry can return this year so they should play him and see his situation soon. If he can't go we should IR him now and don't wait until the postseason for his surgery, if not they can at least assess the possible contribution he could make towards the end of the season. 

On 10/2/2018 at 12:31 AM, jetlord said:

The next prime time game in Arrowhead is Dec 13.  The whole season will look different by that time.  Of course, it's against the Chargers and that could still have playoff effects.

If the two teams continue to play as they have, do you see the Ravens visit being flexed to 4pm National game? Or even SNF?

9 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

If the two teams continue to play as they have, do you see the Ravens visit being flexed to 4pm National game? Or even SNF?

Absolutely if it is in the flex window.  There was a PFT article that had a line which said 'get ready to see those red helmets on national tv a lot more' and I completely agree.  The league is falling in love with Mahomes and they're going to showcase him as much as possible, similar to how the Texans have so many primetime games this year because of Watson's play last year...

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

The Chiefs already play the extreme short week the following Thursday.  Not sure how they can squeeze the gap even more by flexing it to Sunday night although its an obvious logical candidate and there is no technical rule against it that I can see.  I’m sure the Chiefs would try to balk at that though. Moving to 3 PM seems more likely and not as freakin cold.  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

The Chiefs already play the extreme short week the following Thursday.  Not sure how they can squeeze the gap even more by flexing it to Sunday night although its an obvious logical candidate and there is no technical rule against it that I can see.  I’m sure the Chiefs would try to balk at that though. Moving to 3 PM seems more likely and not as freakin cold.  

I did not realize KC had a Thursday night game the following week. My bad

Blake Bortles is Ryan Fitzpatrick. By that I mean he is capable of coming up with some huge games but his general MO is average to below average career wise. I live in the Nashville area so I listen to a lot of local sports talk. The air around Nashville leading up to their game with the Jags was amazing. The confidence level the Titans had in beating the Jags was predicated on one issue...the mediocrity of Blake Bortles. They had faced him many times and the fact he had just come off a career game didn't sway their opinion one bit. The Titans have a much better team than people realize. They can be dangerous. But they pretty much got the Bortles they were expecting. He can be rattled and flustered and throw up a stinker game more often than what he did to the Pats. The question is can the Chiefs get out to a lead and create issues defensively that allows Bortles to show how mediocre he really is? Remains to be seen.

Archived