Jacksonville

Interesting tidbit...

According to Elias, teams with the top-scoring offense have matched up against teams with the top-scoring defense in Week 5 or later seven times in the past 20 seasons. The teams with the top-scoring offense are 5-2 in those games, and the top scoring offenses have averaged 30.1 points per game in the seven games.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

Blake Bortles is Ryan Fitzpatrick. By that I mean he is capable of coming up with some huge games but his general MO is average to below average career wise. I live in the Nashville area so I listen to a lot of local sports talk. The air around Nashville leading up to their game with the Jags was amazing. The confidence level the Titans had in beating the Jags was predicated on one issue...the mediocrity of Blake Bortles. They had faced him many times and the fact he had just come off a career game didn't sway their opinion one bit. The Titans have a much better team than people realize. They can be dangerous. But they pretty much got the Bortles they were expecting. He can be rattled and flustered and throw up a stinker game more often than what he did to the Pats. The question is can the Chiefs get out to a lead and create issues defensively that allows Bortles to show how mediocre he really is? Remains to be seen.

Excellent analysis....consistent with what I have seen of his first 4 games. He has improved with the new Coach and OC over the last 2 years but its still possible to get to him, mentally and physically.

9 hours ago, dhitter said:

Interesting tidbit...

According to Elias, teams with the top-scoring offense have matched up against teams with the top-scoring defense in Week 5 or later seven times in the past 20 seasons. The teams with the top-scoring offense are 5-2 in those games, and the top scoring offenses have averaged 30.1 points per game in the seven games.

I think the heavy rain may throw out all conventional wisdom here. 

Any possibility of a let down after the Donks game?  That one was huge and the Chiefs can't get the breaks every time.  Not to be a downer, I think the Chiefs should win, but Mahomes will have his off days, the opposing QB won't always miss a wide open receiver in the final minute, and the refs might call a few the wrong way.   The Chiefs have a short week following an emotional win.  JAX has shown the ability to win some games against good teams.  This should be close.

22 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Any possibility of a let down after the Donks game?  That one was huge and the Chiefs can't get the breaks every time.  Not to be a downer, I think the Chiefs should win, but Mahomes will have his off days, the opposing QB won't always miss a wide open receiver in the final minute, and the refs might call a few the wrong way.   The Chiefs have a short week following an emotional win.  JAX has shown the ability to win some games against good teams.  This should be close.

Not with the team...

maybe stupid coaching schemes and such.

i don’t see that happening with mahomes and the players we’ve acquired.

42 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Not with the team...

maybe stupid coaching schemes and such.

i don’t see that happening with mahomes and the players we’ve acquired.

It's not often we play teams with better coaches than Andy Reid. But sometimes even the mediocre coaches do come up with a good game plan we aren't ready for. 

13 minutes ago, SEMO said:

You would think that any coach could see that all they have to do is run the ball.  We can’t stop it and it keeps Mahomes off of the field.  If Denver would have stayed with it, they probably would have won. Still though, we had 10 minutes better time of possession than they did.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

Because they abandoned the run and tried to go air raid on us.

They ran it thru the 3rd quarter. I believe they then had two 3 and outs trying to pass in the 4th is all. I think they are were adjusting by half time and did not give up a lot like we did in the first half. We also had time of possession lead at half time too I believe but not by much. We were sustaining drives limentheb8 and 12 play td drives in the 4th where I think their D was gassed by then.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

After Jax is NE, Cincy (who knew they would be rocking now as a team) and Broncos. If we come out at 1 or 2 losses , I hope for zero, out if the first 8 game schedule it would be sweet.

Agree. Schedule goes from bad to worse.  Surviving the next three games with at least 1 win actually would really put us in solid position, 2 would be great with only three road games left after that and as many as 5 games against teams likely under .500 in the second half of the season. 

28 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If it rains, it's a battle of RB vs run defense. Fournette is out which helps a ton. If it goes to the air, Bortles will turn the ball over, Mahomes has the arm to keep it tight and controlled in the rain. 

Tj yeldon isn’t a drop off. Imo 

Archived