Kareem Hunt

Hunt won the game for the Chiefs last night.  Without some impressive runs, they wouldn't have been in position to make the come back.  Not just his 46 yd. run down the sidelines, but the number of 5 yarders ;;and the yardage after contact kept the Donks defense honest and the Chiefs' defense off the field.  One of his best games IMHO.

This was a better offensive game as we utilized the run, which was vital going forward. Also kept the defense off the field which was a key part of the lowest points allowed this year. With Mahomes ready to torch the secondary at will we should find more running room.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree, but it was still disappointing to see a pass play called ;when it was second and one and the Chiefs really needed to maintain possession. 

Yea, I agree. Andy tried his best to muck this game. His playcalling was atrocious. No downfield pass plays dialed at all. How many times did you see Kelce and hill and conley running 5 yd ins/out?? Andy never seemed to challenge Denver deep the whole game. 

17 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, I agree. Andy tried his best to muck this game. His playcalling was atrocious. No downfield pass plays dialed at all. How many times did you see Kelce and hill and conley running 5 yd ins/out?? Andy never seemed to challenge Denver deep the whole game. 

The Donks were protecting against the deep ball and also, Mahomes games planned to get the ball out quickly to negate Miller and company.  At least that's how I saw it.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Donks were protecting against the deep ball and also, Mahomes games planned to get the ball out quickly to negate Miller and company.  At least that's how I saw it.

Yea, you're probably right. But it wasn't working. Andy knows this kid can improvise with the best of them. He should've took some shots...at least one. Doesn't matter at this point, cause we won. But I expect the Jags to try and employ the same game plan.

Disagree.  Without Watkins as a decoy or target and Mahomes having a tough first half, there was no reason to try the deep ball.  The Chiefs couldn't afford to waste a down.  As a side issue, it's interesting to note the the Chiefs O-line is tied with the Rams for fewest sacks allowed.  I doubt Mahomes will see a much more intense rush than he did last night so props to the line.

The Broncos were committing extra resources to prevent the huge plays for a lot of the game and Kareem Hunt was the beneficiary of that decision.  I don't think it was a particularly great gameplan by Andy last night, as they should have committed a lot more resources to abusing the Broncos weak coverage guys in the middle and they kept trying to pop it open outside.

The Jaguars like to play aggressive on Defense and Andy needs to get back into the earlier games ol' bag of tricks to keep them on their heels.  I have a feeling they're going to mostly copy the Broncos gameplan by rushing 4-5 every down and putting Jalen Ramsey on Kelce like the Broncos did with Harris.

I actually liked the gameplan, and agree Jetlord about Hunt. I was scared Reid was just going to air it out, and use a lot of trickery (he still did that). The Broncos had a good gameplan but the Chiefs were prepared also. Mahomes got the ball out fast with those short passes to combat the Broncos pass rush. 

Archived