Maybe some of you guru's can help me understand why the hell we don't understand the concept of tackling?  Nobody wraps up anymore. Watching lasts nights game, our defense could be solid if we simply wrapped up at first concept. I don't get it...why the hell is basic tackling not taught?  I'd think focusing on that alone could be more vital than a game plan at this point with the D. 

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

Maybe some of you guru's can help me understand why the hell we don't understand the concept of tackling?  Nobody wraps up anymore. Watching lasts nights game, our defense could be solid if we simply wrapped up at first concept. I don't get it...why the hell is basic tackling not taught?  I'd think focusing on that alone could be more vital than a game plan at this point with the D. 

I think it has a ton to do with the CBA rules which allow so little live tackling in practice.  Did you notice all the tackles the Donkeys missed too?  

The better tacklers should be fine as the season progresses. We just need more of those types.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I think it has a ton to do with the CBA rules which allow so little live tackling in practice.  Did you notice all the tackles the Donkeys missed too?  

The better tacklers should be fine as the season progresses. We just need more of those types.  

Yes it's a league wide issue.  Not just us.

Remember the last superbowl had over 1100 yards of offense.  Hardly a new problem.

It's a combination of things.  Practice contact rules, no 2 a days, rules changes that almost all favor offense, coaching turnover leading to younger playcallers more willing to steal schemes and plays from college and high school... hell, a coach would probably get roasted for running the Oklahoma drill nowdays.

Archived