Most Complete Team in the AFC?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

LOL!  You all expected hands to come back after all the stuff he wrote, and then loses to the BROWNS?  He might recover by Thursday!

Ravens are a veteran team too that should have been better prepared. No excuse for scoring only 9 points. 

If recent AFC history says anything, it doesn’t matter. All that matters is either you have a hall of fame QB or are elite on one side of the ball.

Brady and Roethlisburger will be in the mix. Mahomes appears to put us in the mix. I wouldn’t trust any other AFC team. 

The NFC seems to be the Rams to lose. Eagles look spotty, Vikings are inconsistent.

I would put my money on Rams vs Steelers/Patriots this year.

3 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

LOL!  You all expected hands to come back after all the stuff he wrote, and then loses to the BROWNS?  He might recover by Thursday!

Could you be any more wrong? After 15 years in here you expect me to run away?

Got a better chance of you changing your avatar old man....LOL

19 hours ago, FANATIC said:

RAVENS are Complete for Sure......Complete Choke...Lost to the BROWNS....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha 😰

Browns defense is legit- look at all the Draft picks starting for them. Dorsey has done well there

17 hours ago, kcchief4lif said:

That had to sting a little bit.. 

That's 2 wins and a tie this season.  Are they turning it around?

Sure it does, its a divisional game and we are now 1-2 in the division. Good news is they were all road games so now we host all three divisional opponents

17 hours ago, DieHard said:

They got a pretty legit D though. If we had that D, look out.

See above- must be at least 5 or 6 1st rd picks on the defense alone....

16 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I say one nice thing about the Ravens and they go out and lose to the Browns.  So nevermind, Ravens suck.

Same with me0 say one nice thing.....

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

No, I wanted an honest assessment of the AFC and as 1 of the unbeatens, KC has to be in consideration.

The question of "completeness," IMO, is pretty overrated.

To make an analogy with basketball or baseball, you often hear about "complete" players.  A basketball player being a two-way player, or a baseball player having all 5 tools.  These things are nice, but they don't mean that much.  In both basketball and baseball, a player who is elite offensively but average defensively is far more valuable than the reverse.  While I won't necessarily make the exact same claim about an overall football team, I would say that it's probably better to be elite on one side of the ball and questionable on another side than to have some arbitrary level of well-roundedness.  Especially given that the rules favor the offense so much, if you can either (a) take full advantage of that with an elite O or (b) disrupt it with an elite D, I think both of those are preferable to being "complete."

17 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

No, I wanted an honest assessment of the AFC and as 1 of the unbeatens, KC has to be in consideration.

I was only joking because until yesterday I would have perhaps said Baltimore.  For me being a good all around team means you can win 12-10 or 31-28. Your not defined by one style. That’s not necessarily important to winning a Super Bowl, but it’s certainly useful.  

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I was only joking because until yesterday I would have perhaps said Baltimore.  For me being a good all around team means you can win 12-10 or 31-28. Your not defined by one style. That’s not necessarily important to winning a Super Bowl, but it’s certainly useful.  

12-10 games will be a small percentage of games in the NEW NFL. Its all about rules that favor the offense. Glad KC has a top tier QB. Defense players better get their money now because they are not going to be as valuable as offense. The money will go to play makers!

52 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Could you be any more wrong? After 15 years in here you expect me to run away?

Got a better chance of you changing your avatar old man....LOL

LOL!!!  I did change my avatar, it used to be Anna Kournikova!!!  I knew you'd be here, just having some fun at your expense!

54 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Not every team can go 16-0.

It is important for 1 aspect of the team to 'pick up' the others sometimes.

42 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

12-10 games will be a small percentage of games in the NEW NFL. Its all about rules that favor the offense. Glad KC has a top tier QB. Defense players better get their money now because they are not going to be as valuable as offense. The money will go to play makers!

Rules that favor the offense and poor officiating of those rules can certainly screw a team.

Mike Tomlin was fired up yesterday about officiating even though it was a Pittsburgh beatdown....

On 10/5/2018 at 1:01 PM, Calichief said:

Ravens , chiefs , jags , pats, bengals , 

afc starting to look like the nfc 

I still don't think the Chiefs are ready for that label because of the D.  In our place, I would put the Rams. Another season, and I think we could be the best of all of them.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I still don't think the Chiefs are ready for that label because of the D.  In our place, I would put the Rams. Another season, and I think we could be the best of all of them.

Rams are nfc.  I think he was referring to the best of the afc. 

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

We're two games up on the entire AFC except for the Bengals, and have wins over three of the preseason AFC favorites (SD, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville).  For all our flaws, it's pretty ridiculous to say we're not at least in the mix for being the best in the AFC.

Archived