Wet Field Favor Chiefs or Jags? Score Predictions too.

Interesting some of the newer weather forecasts I’ve seen have Arrowhead with only some light showers from 11-3.  Heavy rain before 11 but they cover field can’t they?  And to heck with weathermen and their forecast. LOL

In a wet game, Mahomes' bullets will be hard to catch.  Some will slip out and end up with the Jaguars.  Also, the vast majority of teams who win on Monday night lose on the short week the following Sunday.  That extra day of planning and healing is huge, and we are on the wrong side of it against a great team.  Time for the Chiefs first loss, I'm afraid.  The less wet, the better.  If there is a break in the rain, some Mahomes magic could happen.  Maybe Butker will win it with field goals.  But I predict a loss this time at home after an emotional and exhausting win on the road, a short week, and wet conditions.

I think it will be a close loss. If it's raining that would make the offense one dimensional and, while Hunt is the Man, the o-line hasn't shown much run blocking this year. 

If the forecast is wrong and the field is dry and no rain, Chiefs win.

Note that I deftly covered both bases.

5 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Note that I deftly covered both bases.

It's the fair and impartial way.

Yeah, I see a loss here also.   And, that might be a good thing.  Get it out of the way.  They probably lose next week, too.  But, after that, they might win out.

Bortles struggles on the road.   He wasn't good last year throwing more picks than tds and completing about 55 pct of his passes.   In their only road game of the year this year he didn't show to be much better, completing right around 55 pct of his pass attempts throwing 1 pick and 1 td and putting up only 15 pts against a middle of the road Giants D.   

I think the Jags struggle to get to 21 in this game while i think we will get to at least 27.

16 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'll go 24-21 Chiefs. I mean we have to lose eventually but I have a hard time not believing in this kid, and if we can slow down the run today without Fournette, we can beat them.

Agreed but Yeldon is no slouch and Grant is a fast change of pace back. They will impose the run because they are a smash mouth team. This is Steelers part two and the Jaguars are acting more like the Steelers team that the Chiefs could not beat until recently than the Steelers are at this point. A very tough game and definitely the AFC matchup of the week. 

They know they have to keep Mahomes in the pocket and rush with their interior defensive line and they are great at creating mayhem inside. 

Hope Reid has prepared a good chess match strategy and Marrone is playing checkers. 

10 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

They know they have to keep Mahomes in the pocket and rush with their interior defensive line and they are great at creating mayhem inside. 

Hope Reid has prepared a good chess match strategy and Marrone is playing checkers. 

Lots of play action on a wet day. Chiefs left the tarp off the field. Are they trying to slow down the Jags pass rush? 

They did not cover the field.   Its supposed to rain hard most of the day.   I see a loss here due to the wet conditions.   Conventional wisdom says a rainy day favors receivers who can run their routes crisply when DBs can't make the quick cuts without slipping.   But it also favors the stronger defensive front 7s.   In that case it would be Jacksonville.  I think that is how it will end up.  Probably a 13 to 7 football game or something close.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

Looks like a steady rain is gonna be coming down for the whole game.  Gonna have to D up and win a low scoring game.

I think its may slow Jags rush and open up big plays for KC.  Bortles in the rain vs Mahomes Weapons / Chiefs Special Teams in the rain. If Chiefs get out front a couple scores Jags are taken out of their game plan.?

1 minute ago, wilkie said:

They did not cover the field.   Its supposed to rain hard most of the day.   I see a loss here due to the wet conditions.   Conventional wisdom says a rainy day favors receivers who can run their routes crisply when DBs can't make the quick cuts without slipping.   But it also favors the stronger defensive front 7s.   In that case it would be Jacksonville.  I think that is how it will end up.  Probably a 13 to 7 football game or something close.

I HOPE: Chiefs have too many play makers to only score 13. Hill may do that on his own with punt returns. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'll go 24-21 Chiefs. I mean we have to lose eventually but I have a hard time not believing in this kid, and if we can slow down the run today without Fournette, we can beat them.

I hate to bum you out, but the Jags have won more and had more rushing yardage in games in which Fournette was out.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

I think its may slow Jags rush and open up big plays for KC.  Bortles in the rain vs Mahomes Weapons / Chiefs Special Teams in the rain. If Chiefs get out front a couple scores Jags are taken out of their game plan.?

Rain is a good running situation.  The cleats neutralize it, and we are on turf.  Rain hurts the passing game more because of the problem with catching with the hands.  Plus, many of Mahome's passes are bullets.  The rain will take away a lot of his game.  Third man will be less effective, as everyone will be trying to scream through rain jackets.  This game is likely to be a mish mash of turnovers, running, field goals, and just plain breaks.  The Chiefs are on a short week.  The Jags are a Super Bowl contender as much or more than we are.  I rate this an absolute toss-up, and the outcome will depend on completely unpredictable  circumstances and happenings.  No stats or personnel matchups are going to be predictive.  Normally, one could tilt to the team with the best lines, but in this case, both teams have strong lines up front.  I wouldn't put one dime on this game either way.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I hate to bum you out, but the Jags have won more and had more rushing yardage in games in which Fournette was out.

With this defense no reason to worry. Pass or run .......teams score quickly. So ball control is difficult. 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Rain is a good running situation.  The cleats neutralize it, and we are on turf.  Rain hurts the passing game more because of the problem with catching with the hands.  Plus, many of Mahome's passes are bullets.  The rain will take away a lot of his game.  Third man will be less effective, as everyone will be trying to scream through rain jackets.  This game is likely to be a mish mash of turnovers, running, field goals, and just plain breaks.  The Chiefs are on a short week.  The Jags are a Super Bowl contender as much or more than we are.  I rate this an absolute toss-up, and the outcome will depend on completely unpredictable  circumstances and happenings.  No stats or personnel matchups are going to be predictive.  Normally, one could tilt to the team with the best lines, but in this case, both teams have strong lines up front.  I wouldn't put one dime on this game either way.

Lots of limiting beliefs here. New Era. Unlimited QB. Lets see the Jags run sideline to sideline in a slow field. Fatigue sets in. Hill open for long TDS. Watkins open on broken plays. Hunt running well as their defense slogs in the mud. I think it will come down to turnovers. Will be interesting to see how Mr. H handles the ball in wet weather.

Archived