Chiefs vs Jags - Game Day Thread

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Or, you know, the game was well in hand against one of the best teams in the conference, with us coming off a short week.  I think we all know this team's strengths and weaknesses.  We let the Jaguars beat themselves, I don't think we learned a whole lot either way.  But to call it underwhelming is a little unfair.

I called it underwhelming because I feel like the offense laid down after halftime.  We’ve seen Reid blow games in the past, particularly the playoffs, in similar situations. I was hoping the upgrade at qb would change things, but obviously Reid is still Reid.  If not for the past failures I probably wouldn’t be as critical here. 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

No. Why would you say that. We may score 50 on them.

Believe me, I hope you're right. I just tired of the defense allowing so many yards so late. I'm sure when I watch the game it won't look as bad as I'm thinking. 

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I called it underwhelming because I feel like the offense laid down after halftime.  We’ve seen Reid blow games in the past, particularly the playoffs, in similar situations. I was hoping the upgrade at qb would change things, but obviously Reid is still Reid.  If not for the past failures I probably wouldn’t be as critical here. 

The offense scored 13 in the first half and 10 in the second half.  Mahomes threw a pick in each.  We had a drive deep in our own territory after a stop on downs in each half.  Etc.  I think you're seeing something that isn't quite there.

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Just LDT. Those guys who came in played better. Especially at S.

dont worry. Defense is getting better and by all accountsnberry will be back.

Not just LDT.  Houston and Murry went out and I don't know if Kpass came back or not.  Hope you're right about Berry coming back, but there's no indication that he will soon if at all this year.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

The offense scored 13 in the first half and 10 in the second half.  Mahomes threw a pick in each.  We had a drive deep in our own territory after a stop on downs in each half.  Etc.  I think you're seeing something that isn't quite there.

I know, I'm just saying I felt like there was no aggression from Reid in the play calling, and when Mahomes tried to make things happen and threw a couple of picks, Reid really racheted down the offense.  The ghosts of blown playoff games with big leads will show themselves every time Reid starts dialing back the offense in second halves where we have a lead.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not just LDT.  Houston and Murry went out and I don't know if Kpass came back or not.  Hope you're right about Berry coming back, but there's no indication that he will soon if at all this year.

Dude,  not trying to be rude, but have you watched 21? He’s the worst safety in the nfl. That’s addition by subtraction. 

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

I know, I'm just saying I felt like there was no aggression from Reid in the play calling, and when Mahomes tried to make things happen and threw a couple of picks, Reid really racheted down the offense.  The ghosts of blown playoff games with big leads will show themselves every time Reid starts dialing back the offense in second halves where we have a lead.

You're right, but with JAX dead on offense and a good lead, it makes sense to dial it back a little.  No one could have predicted that so many defensive players would be out in the second half and I have no problem with the play calling.  Without an onside kick, the game wouldn't have been in doubt at all.

Just now, Calichief said:

Dude,  not trying to be rude, but have you watched 21? He’s the worst safety in the nfl. That’s addition by subtraction. 

With the lead, I’m sure it was precautionary on 50. Watts and speaks look good. Lucas gonna be a steal. Scandtick playing better ;)

faith

Just now, Calichief said:

Agree.  Either Lucas or Watt is a step up.  I was just questioning you're claim that Berry will be back to help fix things.  It's been day to day for about nine weeks now.

(Back last Spring in the League Offices)

First league schedule planner:  "Hey, did anyone other than me notice that Mahome kid in KC?

Second league schedule planner:" "Yeah, he look great.  I'm worried.

Third league schedule planner: "Yeah, and they beat the Patriots last year with Smith!!!"

First league schedule planner: "What are we going to do?"

Fourth league schedule planner: "Let's give New England a Thursday game against some easy opponent that has the potential to be dangerous, but isn't, to make it look good. Then we'll let KC take on Jacksonville.  That way KC will be beat up, New England will be rested, and we'll have the Patriots at home again!!!"

All league officials" "Yeah! Brilliant! That should do it!" 

The Chiefs hung up 30 points and 300 passing yds. on the vaunted JAX defense, admittedly with some help from Bortles.  This version of the Chiefs can play with anyone.  If we had known that Mahomes would throw two INTs and no TDs. would anyone have predicted a win?  Not me.

Im very impressed by the win. I am concerned that Eric Murray gets hurt then his replacement immediately comes in and looks better than him. Then Watts get hurt and Lucas comes in and looks light years ahead of Murray. 

How can our staff not identify this sooner? Are they that loathe to play young guys? 

33 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Im very impressed by the win. I am concerned that Eric Murray gets hurt then his replacement immediately comes in and looks better than him. Then Watts get hurt and Lucas comes in and looks light years ahead of Murray. 

How can our staff not identify this sooner? Are they that loathe to play young guys? 

Reality is none of them are very good. So no difference.

Archived