Chiefs vs Jags - Game Day Thread

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I could have sworn we just beat an AFC Super Bowl contender by 16 points.

Yes,, the Chiefs did.  History makes Chiefs fans a little goosey, even after a win over a solid opponent.  They won because Case missed a wide open DT in Denver.  The Jag throw up four INTs, fumble in the backfield, and rough the punter when they still had a slim chance.  Somehow, these wins are nice to have but it's hard to get too excited until they become better at protecting leads.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Reality is none of them are very good. So no difference.

I really dont know how to respond to this. Theres a chance you are right, but theres no way you can know this with the limited action Lucas and Watts have seen. Im a pessimist by nature and your posts even make me shake my head.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yes,, the Chiefs did.  History makes Chiefs fans a little goosey, even after a win over a solid opponent.  They won because Case missed a wide open DT in Denver.  The Jag throw up four INTs, fumble in the backfield, and rough the punter when they still had a slim chance.  Somehow, these wins are nice to have but it's hard to get too excited until they become better at protecting leads.

Most NFL games look like this. The team that loses has all the excuses. Bad calls, missed plays, unlucky bounces and you name it. This KC team has 4 AFC wins and is 5-0. Baltimore just lost to Cleve. NO team is unbeatable & certainly far from perfect. Personally It just fun to know with THIS QB KC has a chance to beat anyone...anywhere.!

choose files... Click to choose files 't disagree

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Most NFL games look like this. The team that loses has all the excuses. Bad calls, missed plays, unlucky bounces and you name it. This KC team has 4 AFC wins and is 5-0. Baltimore just lost to Cleve. NO team is unbeatable & certainly far from perfect. Personally It just fun!

Don't disagree, but we have to admit that most of the breaks have gone the Chiefs way so far.  That can't last all season.  

Just now, jetlord said:

choose files... Click to choose files 't disagree

Don't disagree, but we have to admit that most of the breaks have gone the Chiefs way so far.  That can't last all season.  

Ok but what we saw from a young Defense and a great offense, against a team we all expected to make it entertaining, they were blown off the ball in every area, almost, by you’re Kansas City Chiefs. I’m sorry but from now on out I can’t pick against them. 

3 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Ok but what we saw from a young Defense and a great offense, against a team we all expected to make it entertaining, they were blown off the ball in every area, almost, by you’re Kansas City Chiefs. I’m sorry but from now on out I can’t pick against them. 

One good thing was the experience that Speaks, Watts, and Lucas got today.  If this defense is going to get better, with the exception of Berry getting back 100%, it will come from new blood replacing people like Murray.

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True. But we have missed open WRs for TDs. If the goal is that the other team doesn’t have a chance, that is tough to do with the parody in this league. They don’t play perfect games for sure, but the play calling and Pat have really been something special. I can’t nitpick them apart when we are 5-0 with probably the hardest first 5 game schedule in the league. We beat 2 division rivals on the road and 2 AFC Super Bowl contenders. Just saying.

Didn't mean to come across as negative.  I've been a Chiefs fan a long as anyone on the board.  But there were a few years, very few, when we felt that the Chiefs would win every game they played.  I don't get that feeling this year.  They have a chance against everybody,  but with this defense, they don't dominate.  NE and LAR are very tough road games and while I hope they win one or both of them,, they will be underdogs for now.

31 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I really dont know how to respond to this. Theres a chance you are right, but theres no way you can know this with the limited action Lucas and Watts have seen. Im a pessimist by nature and your posts even make me shake my head.

Got it. The point is the hurt guys are not good so the bench guys can not be worse.  None should be starting. My mind should play Lucas and Watts. We have seen enough of Murray & Co.

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

I called it underwhelming because I feel like the offense laid down after halftime.  We’ve seen Reid blow games in the past, particularly the playoffs, in similar situations. I was hoping the upgrade at qb wohgiuld change things, but obviously Reid is still Reid.  If not for the past failures I probably wouldn’t be as critical here. 

Reid didn't take the foot off the gas on offense until it was 30-7 KC.

Very true. But the sweet thing is that we have the best offensive mind (no offense to DV he was just about as good) and the best young QB we have ever seen. I think our days of just good enough to make the playoffs are behind us. Not saying we are a serious contender yet, but if we build the D just a little, good luck stopping us over the next 5 years.

17 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Very true. But the sweet thing is that we have the best offensive mind (no offense to DV he was just about as good) and the best young QB we have ever seen. I think our days of just good enough to make the playoffs are behind us. Not saying we are a serious contender yet, but if we build the D just a little, good luck stopping us over the next 5 years.

Watts, speaks, and Lucas look like players. If we get berry back we are good enough to win it all. They can get hot like today.

5 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

That was a divisional game on the road in seattle, wilson is a good qb people forget

They've still looked like garbage for most of the year.  The point is, it's a huge cliche, but there are no easy wins in the NFL.  We were in control of the game the whole time, over a team I wasn't sure we were going to beat, and people are still unhappy because we didn't 100% dominate all three phases.

34 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Watts, speaks, and Lucas look like players. If we get berry back we are good enough to win it all. They can get hot like today.

Yeah, where did Lucas come from? Was that the guy we traded Ehinger for with Dallas?

59 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

They've still looked like garbage for most of the year.  The point is, it's a huge cliche, but there are no easy wins in the NFL.  We were in control of the game the whole time, over a team I wasn't sure we were going to beat, and people are still unhappy because we didn't 100% dominate all three phases.

No one is unhappy, just pointing out that the ball has bounced KC's way the majority of the time.  We can't rely on that all the time.  Sometime the defense is going to have to make stops when the Chiefs aren't leading by multiple scores.  They did that in Denver but we need to see it on a more consistent basis.  200+ yds. given up in the last quarter is just not confidence building football..

3 hours ago, dksww said:

Reid didn't take the foot off the gas on offense until it was 30-7 KC.

And it very well could’ve bitten us. If Colquitt doesn’t get hit, Jax has the ball with 4+ minutes to go against a leaky, injury depleted defense.  Look at our last two playoff losses.  One would think that such gut wrenching defeats would have an impact on Reid and slightly alter how he operates.  He loses all aggression and lets teams back in it when we have big leafs.  It didn’t cost us today, but it’s cost us dearly in the past, and most likely will again in the future. 

lol oh no my team is undefeated but didn't win by 2+ Tds the exact way I wanted them to and my young all world QB blah blah blah I can't even finish that...

Snap out of it you miserable bastiches.

Bet a few teams fanbases would trade places with you?

20 minutes ago, xen said:

lol oh no my team is undefeated but didn't win by 2+ Tds the exact way I wanted them to and my young all world QB blah blah blah I can't even finish that...

Snap out of it you miserable bastiches.

Bet a few teams fanbases would trade places with you?

Nah!  PIT, ATL, MINN, GB, and PHL all are right where they wanted to be. 😉

Archived