Troubles at OLB?

Andy Reid says Veach is dealing with the OLB situation.  This doesn't look good for Houston. Kpass left the game for awhile with an ankle and Ford has a nagging groin. This is one position where I thought we were alright at on the defense.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article219676500.html

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Andy Reid says Veach is dealing with the OLB situation.  This doesn't look good for Houston. Kpass left the game for awhile with an ankle and Ford has a nagging groin. This is one position where I thought we were alright at on the defense.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article219676500.html

I didn't like the way Houston smashed his helmet to the ground after his injury. To me, that means he knows it is serious and is about to miss a major portion of the most fun season he has had.  Just speculating, but I was struck by that.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I didn't like the way Houston smashed his helmet to the ground after his injury. To me, that means he knows it is serious and is about to miss a major portion of the most fun season he has had.  Just speculating, but I was struck by that.

That's pretty telling. I mean a twinge in the hamstring is not likely going to cause that reaction. A popping sound would. Gigantic blow if so. 

15 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I didn’t see that but I never like it when they throw it down extremely hard.  It also makes me think they know it’s not good.   Is Junior gallette still out there?

24 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

PFT says Houston will likely miss a few weeks.  Regardless, he’s hurt...AGAIN.

As bad as this is maybe it’s a blessing.  We get a legit look at Speaks and Kpass to see what we have in the offseason.   Being 5-0 helps as well.  And let’s be honest is Houston lighting anything on fire this season?

Just now, Lamardirts said:

As bad as this is maybe it’s a blessing.  We get a legit look at Speaks and Kpass to see what we have in the offseason.   Being 5-0 helps as well.  And let’s be honest is Houston lighting anything on fire this season?

Ford and Kpass also left early. So I guess it depends on their health. I think Houston has played well this year.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Houston has played well this year and we’ll miss him.  Hopefully he doesn’t miss too much time.

18 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Ford and Kpass also left early. So I guess it depends on their health. I think Houston has played well this year.

I do, too. 

After New England, the schedule gets easier.  If its going to happen, now is as good of a time as any.  I have a feeling that  a lot of teams coming up are simply not going to be able to score as many points as we will, with Houston or without him.

If it’s only a few weeks that’s far better than I was fearing.  He was on a roll too having made it 25 straight starts dating back to 2016.  Gotta play two explosive offenses the next few weeks so this won’t help.  Maybe by some Ḿíŕáćĺé Eric Berry can return. 

51 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Sign junior galette already 

Two arrests for assault, one domestic, and another in a brawl on a beach where he attacked a guy with his belt and a buckle. In that incident, he had to be subdued by police with a taser.  He has been suspended at least once.  He has had two achilles ruptures....

He's poison.  I don't think so, Cali.   Speaks and KPass are going to get a lot more reps the next several games, accelerating their development.  I think they both have good futures.  Let's just enjoy watching their accelerated development while we enter the easier part of our schedule. Save the money for the big contracts needed coming up next season.  Use it on Ford.

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Two arrests for assault, one domestic, and another in a brawl on a beach where he attacked a guy with his belt and a buckle. In that incident, he had to be subdued by police with a taser.  He has been suspended at least once.  He has had two achilles ruptures....

He's poison.  I don't think so, Cali.   Speaks and KPass are going to get a lot more reps the next several games, accelerating their development.  I think they both have good futures.  Let's just enjoy watching their accelerated development while we enter the easier part of our schedule. Save the money for the big contracts needed coming up next season.  Use it on Ford.

Agree yet where is the easy schedule upcoming? Pats, Bengals, Broncos

8 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Agree yet where is the easy schedule upcoming? Pats, Bengals, Broncos

Donkeys are crap on the road.  Then we get an improved but very average Browns team followed by a really bad Cardinals team.  There are zero guarantees in this league but schedule does lighten up and after this week we only have three true road games left to go with six home games.  If we can split the next two, we would be in phenomenal shape.  

15 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Well if you're going to attack a dude with a belt it hardly makes sense not to use the buckle.  Duh.

Speaks, Kpass, and Ford are not enough.  Ford is hurt half the time and Kpass was out for a while Sunday.  The Chiefs really need to find a body to rotate in or replace one of the three if someone goes down.  Lucas stepped up when he wasn't expected to play.  Maybe some off the shelf OLB can do the same.

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

That's pretty telling. I mean a twinge in the hamstring is not likely going to cause that reaction. A popping sound would. Gigantic blow if so. 

I'm done with Houston.  Same with Berry.  Both excellent players, when healthy, but you can't be a great player when you're always on the sidelines hurt.  The defensive personnel are a complete mess, born of contracts from the previous GM.  We need to get out from under these enormous contracts for often injured players ASAP.  I get that injuries happen, but these two guys particularly are making way too much money for as many snaps as they miss every single season.  

Archived