I have seen that stat about the QBs under 25 a few times this week.  I would love to see a list of those QBs.  I would bet that outside of 2 or 3 nobody on that list approaches the skill set of Mahomes.  I would also bet that nobody on that list has had the weapons that Mahomes has at his disposal nor a coach that is just as good at scheming an offensive game plan as hoodie is at scheming defense.    

While our defense sucks the article fails to mention that we are 19th in ppg and since the Steeler game have been giving up less each week.   Don't expect them to give up less than 14 though.  

We arguably went into a tougher place to play against a better D in Denver and did just fine.  

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Those are unbelievable stats and paint a clear picture of why the Patriots are so consistent from season to season.  They are just unbelievably good at home and BB knows how to create problems for young QBs in Foxboro.  We caught them off guard last season with emergence of Hunt and a downfield passing game.  We go into tomorrow the hunted rather than the hunter.  

What I love here no matter what happens is that it’s going to be another playoff type of environment as it was in Denver for Mahomes to get invaluable experience. 

I seriously pray and hope I'm wrong, but I see the Chiefs being routed tomorrow.

Beating NE in NE with weeks of preparation and a completely healthy team, I know Berry got hurt but healthy still the same, is one thing. Coming in with a depleted defense on an already weak defense may be too much for these youngsters to overcome.

NE has a house full of vets that will know how to manipulate the young backups and I don't believe the O will be able to pick up the slack this week.

Again I hope and pray I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if they pull it off. I just hope no more injuries happen in a game they really don't need other than to show the NFL they are for real.

7 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

How bad is odaniel?  The fact a fa safety just picked up is starting ahead of him is kind of telling. I know he's somewhat of a hybrid and not a true safety, but it doesn't seem like he's seeing the field very much defensively. 

The guy was basically a 4th round pick and we are five games into his career. He’s also a linebacker.  I expect production from 3rd and 4th founders on special teams and hopefully after about Nov 1.  Getting much before that is a bonus. IE for every Kareem Hunt there’s Tyreek Hill and Jamaal Charles who produced little or nothing five games into their rookie seasons despite becoming stars.  

All that said.  I agree I would like to suck it up and live with more growing pains of some of the young guys.  

18 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Yep. I'll just say this... ther truly is a first time for everything. I'm not sure I'm predicting a Chiefs win - probably not to be truthful - but that said, if the defense doesn't completely implode this Chiefs team with PM has a chance against any opponent. Tom Brady and BB included. We'll see. 

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I seriously pray and hope I'm wrong, but I see the Chiefs being routed tomorrow.

Beating NE in NE with weeks of preparation and a completely healthy team, I know Berry got hurt but healthy still the same, is one thing. Coming in with a depleted defense on an already weak defense may be too much for these youngsters to overcome.

NE has a house full of vets that will know how to manipulate the young backups and I don't believe the O will be able to pick up the slack this week.

Again I hope and pray I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if they pull it off. I just hope no more injuries happen in a game they really don't need other than to show the NFL they are for real.

Could easily happen. BB is an absolute master at finding and exploiting weakness in young QBs.  And we know that offense will give us fits. Plus we are now the hunted rather than the hunter  

Plus we are now missing all four safeties we had on the roster at the end of August. Think about that! And our best two defensive players and top guard. We’ve got no business winning there in a spot nobody wins. 

So why do I still feel like we’ve got a shot?  No doubt a bad outing seems like the most logical outcome though. 

38 minutes ago, Balto said:

Reid has to go 110% on his playbook.....zero time management crap.  Our D was bad before injuries and now errr well we only stand a chance if it’s none stop scoring.

He’s already been doing that. Going for it from our own 35 in the first quarter, who does that!  To date Andy’s been NFL coach of the year and it’s not particularly close. 

On 10/8/2018 at 6:22 PM, dhitter said:

I think it depends on how they lose...if they lose.

I personally think the offense can hang 35 on the Pats pretty easily. Their defense is nothing special. If we turn the ball over a couple of times and Pat looks off on the night and we lose...people are gonna say "The Chiefs" have fallen back to earth" or "the blueprint is laid for how to be this team". Of course none of that will be true but the talking heads have to have controversy to survive.

I don't think it will be very easy to hang 35 on them, because they are going to use ball control and dink and dunk all evening to keep our offense off the field.   They will succeed to some extent against our defense. On the other hand, their defense is worse than average, and Mahomes can score on them pretty easily. He just needs to avoid scoring too quickly.  They have no idea what Mahomes can really do, and few of Bellichik's tricks and schemes will work against him.   My gut feeling is that this game will be decided by a  field goals and a couple of turnovers.  We both have great kickers and QB's capable of getting in FG range quickly.  We are probably going to need a really good pass rush and a couple of sacks to come away with the victory.  

15 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

This is a first from you... 

14 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Could easily happen. BB is an absolute master at finding and exploiting weakness in young QBs.  And we know that offense will give us fits. Plus we are now the hunted rather than the hunter  

Plus we are now missing all four safeties we had on the roster at the end of August. Think about that! And our best two defensive players and top guard. We’ve got no business winning there in a spot nobody wins. 

So why do I still feel like we’ve got a shot?  No doubt a bad outing seems like the most logical outcome though. 

No chance of this team getting “routed”

and, losing Murray is a plus. Anyone taking over for him including a backup wr, is a good thing.

Pats have injuries to key guys as well;  Gronk, Michel, Hogan all hampered by leg injuries.  

NE defese is not very good.  I bet they run a Bob Sutton prevent all game long and try to hold KC to FGs in the red zone.

The Safties for KC are an issue, but I see this as a chance to see what guys like Lucas and O'Daniel can do.  O'Daniel's role has to be increased for tonight's game due to injuries and the fact the Chiefs have realized you can't have Hitchens and Ragland out there on passing downs.

Houston being out means we get to see Speaks and KPass get a ton of snaps.

Just like it was with Mahomes, how hilarious is it going to be when these guys the Chiefs haven't played come out and play well leaving us all wondering what took them so long to get in the games?

17 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The Pats have routed only MIA but have been routed twice themselves by DET and JAX.  Chiefs' fans are so negative lol.  I don't see how you can watch the first 5 games we've played and think a blowout is going to just come out of thin air.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Nope, I said they would struggle against Denver in Denver and they did and probably should have lost, I'm glad they didn't. However, NE is not Denver and rarely falls apart.

Yeah, that's not what happened in that game.  

Ladies and gents...I give you:

Our DC. The mastermind that will out-scheme, out-adjust, out-coach Belichick and McDaniels any day of the week and twice on Sunday Night Football.

He exudes passion and fire. His mere presence makes grown men respect him. He is the true driving force behind the stingiest defense in the league. He will not tolerate failure.

Notice the "I have no idea what to do now that I have escaped the grounds of the retirement home" look in his eyes.

An iconic figure bound for Canton. He truly makes chicken shit out of chicken shit. The man, the myth, the legend...

Bob "Wethers Original" Sutton

2 hours ago, dksww said:

The Pats have routed only MIA but have been routed twice themselves by DET and JAX.  Chiefs' fans are so negative lol.  I don't see how you can watch the first 5 games we've played and think a blowout is going to just come out of thin air.

As a fan of 55 years, it's easy to see it. There is not a single team out there besides the undefeated Dolphins not to lose and not too many to escape a season blown out at least once.

13 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Do you actually believe the Chiefs should have won. Take off the rose colored glasses and be honest. 

Was there any fluke turnover or something I’m not remembering that was critical to the comeback?  No doubt that’s one of those wins where your opponents and their fans are shaking their heads in disbelief.  But likewise something elite QB talents can deliver if given the opportunity. Just not something you or anyone else on here is used to seeing. 

Its funny, but well I see these two teams as fairly close mirror images of each other.

Reid vs Bellichek.

Brady Mahomes

gronk, kelce

there offense doesnt quite, have the speed we do.. our speed is beyond insanity..

defense.. there dline is not as good as ours..

linebackers... ford is a beast..

only one out of both teams i am willing to say that about.

There defensive backs are pretty good... so our ours mostly.

The question is, can the patriots beat the patriots?, or put another way can kc beat kc..

Because at least for me,  this is really a lot like looking in a mirror..

in the end... kc figures this out... but somehow i dont think its as highscoring game as it should be. 

Because, thats just the way it goes.. I mean in theory 56 to 49 is possible...

lol, oklahoma, vs Texas a&m .. 800 yards from mahomes...

but usually in the nfl, these things dont work out that way..

its yet another brutal game.. chiefs by 4.. 

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Do you actually believe the Chiefs should have won. Take off the rose colored glasses and be honest. 

Why not?  Denver went conservative and we stole the game from them.  I saw Peyton Manning and John Elway do that against us a dozen times.  It's called having the better quarterback.

Archived