• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game couldn't come at a better time.  If we win, we're firmly atop the AFC.  If we lose, it's oh well because NE will be a playoff team and they rarely lose at home.  Don't get me wrong, I want to win, and feel like this is the type of game that a true postseason threat needs to be able to win, but coming off of a 5-0 start, this game isn't that meaningful in the grand scheme of things, outside of possibly homefield advantage in the playoffs. 

this stat about young quarterbacks .. should be thrown out of the window it is not relevent.. patrick mahommes is not playing like a young quarterback..

you dont go to pittsburg, and win a shootout with big ben, playing like a young quarterback....

and to remind you, that happened.

pitts escuse, was we thought we could confuse him. 

8 minutes ago, robgar said:

dont look now but pitt beat cinci.... we win this and we have a two game lead in the AFC... 

Typical lucky Steers' last minute win. 

They're winning the North. 

Even if we win tonight, you know we'll still have to play both NE and PIT to get to the Super Bowl

39 minutes ago, dksww said:

Even if we win tonight, you know we'll still have to play both NE and PIT to get to the Super Bowl

As it should be.  There’s no free passes to the Super Bowl.  I still think this season will be a roller coaster of sorts, but I also think we’ve proven when we are playing well, we can beat anyone. It’s been a long time since I felt that way. But I’m also realistic about asking our offense and a barely 23 year old to carry too much of the load  

Key in the future is to build defense so that we expect to win. A lot of guys will want to come be a part of this thing in my opinion.  Time to really reshuffle deck on the D side. 

Won’t be tonight but maybe some hope we could possibly see Houston and Berry on the field at the same time again in a Chiefs uniform.  

LA CANFORA: The Chiefs continue to exude extreme caution with All-Pro safety Eric Berry in his return from Achilles and heel injuries, but sources said they remain extremely confident that he will play this season.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Of course we will.  That’s par for the course in the AFC until Golden Boy and Fat Ben retire.  

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Won’t be tonight but maybe some hope we could possibly see Houston and Berry on the field at the same time again in a Chiefs uniform.  

LA CANFORA: The Chiefs continue to exude extreme caution with All-Pro safety Eric Berry in his return from Achilles and heel injuries, but sources said they remain extremely confident that he will play this season.

37 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I wonder what "sources" he is talking about.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:47 PM, AppalachianChief said:

We are not going to lose this game! The defense just needs to get a couple stops or hold the Patriots to a couple field goals. The offense is going to be banging on all cylinders and the Chiefs are going to score and score a lot. The Patriots defense is every bit as bad as Chiefs defense but I would say the Chiefs offense is better because of the running game. Yes injuries is a concern but the injuries won't be enough. Chiefs win easily, after the game you are all gonna say what the Hell was we worried about. Last week the Jags was gonna shut us down and give the Chiefs their first loss!!! DOH!! There was never a doubt and "Showtime" got the INT's out of his system didn't phase this kid a bit!!

I’m putting everyone’s mind at ease! The Chiefs are going to win this game my fellow Chiefs fans! It’s “SHOWTIME”!!!

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

This game couldn't come at a better time.  If we win, we're firmly atop the AFC.  If we lose, it's oh well because NE will be a playoff team and they rarely lose at home.  Don't get me wrong, I want to win, and feel like this is the type of game that a true postseason threat needs to be able to win, but coming off of a 5-0 start, this game isn't that meaningful in the grand scheme of things, outside of possibly homefield advantage in the playoffs. 

Agree.  Outside of possibly the LAR game, this one has the least penalty for losing.  Winning has great upside, but losing has little penalty as long as the Chiefs take care of business at home and pick up a couple more on the road.

42 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Considering you predicted the Chiefs to start 0-6,  I’ll take this as a good sign we may actually see him. 

You can make funny pokes all you want, but the reality is that we’re almost at mid season and Berry is still listed as day-to-day every week.  

Archived