• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Score 40 on the road and lose.  I’d be happy to have ten new starters on that side of the ball next year.  Jones is literally the only one I’d keep.  

Fuller because he can always cover slot too. Bailey has not looked to bad too.

Disappointing loss but a loss like that can be beneficial down the stretch.  Mahomes was nervous and missed a couple TDs early on that would have blown this game wide open.  We scrapped back into this game and considering 8 starters are hurt we showed we belong.  Now we need to get healthy and wear out the rest of the teams on our schedule.

21 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't think it will be very easy to hang 35 on them, because they are going to use ball control and dink and dunk all evening to keep our offense off the field.   They will succeed to some extent against our defense. On the other hand, their defense is worse than average, and Mahomes can score on them pretty easily. He just needs to avoid scoring too quickly.  They have no idea what Mahomes can really do, and few of Bellichik's tricks and schemes will work against him.   My gut feeling is that this game will be decided by a  field goals and a couple of turnovers.  We both have great kickers and QB's capable of getting in FG range quickly.  We are probably going to need a really good pass rush and a couple of sacks to come away with the victory.  

You are right...they hung 40.

19 minutes ago, moons314 said:

This is why the divisional round of the playoffs is our ceiling.  We don’t have the defense to be a true threat. 

Hardly. On the road in New England with turnovers and still almost won. It’s an offense league now. Chiefs have as good a shot as anyone 

On 10/13/2018 at 8:49 PM, Mloe68 said:

He’s already been doing that. Going for it from our own 35 in the first quarter, who does that!  To date Andy’s been NFL coach of the year and it’s not particularly close. 

Mahomes is flat out amazing.   He is literally going through his rookie slump and still hanging 40.   Can't imagine what it'll be like when learns from those mistakes and gets over these big game jitters.    We have a chance this year if our D can get healthy and just get to slightly below avg.    

6 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Hardly. On the road in New England with turnovers and still almost won. It’s an offense league now. Chiefs have as good a shot as anyone 

I agree. Imagine if they had Houston & Berry in the game. It sucks they lost, but I knew sooner or later it would happen. They need to take care of business against the Bengals now.

It's real nice having a QB like Mahomes isn't it?  He was nervous at the beginning then he settled down.  

Archived