Week 7 - Bengals at Chiefs on SNF

according to Schefter

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 

5 minutes ago

Week 7, Oct. 21, the 4-1 Bengals and 5-0 Chiefs are being flexed to Sunday night, per source. Rams-49ers, which was scheduled for that night, will be moved to 4:25 pm. So it’ll be two straight Sunday night games for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Bengals lone SNF appearance.

Mahomes is a Star now in the league. Two prime time matches for KC in a row with the promise of a couple of holy shit lookit what he just did plays thrown in there.. I’m sure the NFL and Chiefs organization is thrilled 

Mahomes is a star, but we saw what a good opposing defense can do last  Sunday. 

Andy needs to begin to "adjust" as we have had some experience at 5-0 going to dogshit.

That said, the Chiefs are showing more balance and the league has figured out that there is some greatness brewing in KC

W

2 hours ago, West said:

Andy needs to begin to "adjust" as we have had some experience at 5-0 going to dogshit.

That said, the Chiefs are showing more balance and the league has figured out that there is some greatness brewing in KC

W

Aside from the interception and going against who people think is the best defense, we pretty much shredded them.

1st drive - 10 plays, 73 yards for TD

2nd drive - 14 plays, 82 yards for FG

3rd drive - 8 plays, 29 yards INT

4th drive - 6 plays, 27 yards FG

5th drive - halftime

6th drive - opening drive out of halftime 4 plays -1 yard

7th drive - 12 plays, 78 yards FG

8th drive - 6 plays 79 yards TD

At this point it was the start of the 4th Q and we were up 30-7 with the Offense scoring 23 against the best defense in the league through 3 Q's.  I'll take that every time.

8 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Aside from the interception and going against who people think is the best defense, we pretty much shredded them.

1st drive - 10 plays, 73 yards for TD

2nd drive - 14 plays, 82 yards for FG

3rd drive - 8 plays, 29 yards INT

4th drive - 6 plays, 27 yards FG

5th drive - halftime

6th drive - opening drive out of halftime 4 plays -1 yard

7th drive - 12 plays, 78 yards FG

8th drive - 6 plays 79 yards TD

At this point it was the start of the 4th Q and we were up 30-7 with the Offense scoring 23 against the best defense in the league through 3 Q's.  I'll take that every time.

This is correct.  The Jags hadn’t given up an opening drive TD in 15 games, yet, Mahomes found a way to do it.  Also, he made big throws all day long when he needed to and eclipsed the 300 yard mark against them, which had not been done in a while.  He chucked two interceptions, but like Andy said, PM2 was unphased by it and didn’t let it affect him whatsoever.  

57 minutes ago, West said:

What's this Win or Lose crap?

You guys sound like Wilkie!

w

They’re merely “Couching their optimism in a sane and sensible way”. And not picking the Chiefs to go 8 and 8 every year. Lol 

4 hours ago, West said:

W

I don't disagree and am not a Mahomes apologist - or at least I have no intention of becoming one - but the first pick Mahomes threw Sunday was a wet-ball floater that got away from him.  Tyreek was open and 6-12 inches lower the ball would have been completed for a 20-yard gain.  I don't think the Jags "figured" anything out, they just have supreme talent so the windows were tighter than in previous games.  There aren't many defenses in the league that can do what the Jags can do.  

That said, I expect the Chiefs to win by 7 or more Sunday night.  I would expect a high scoring game - something like 34-41-ish.

9 hours ago, West said:

W

Until proven otherwise I'm saying that is Mahomes floor. 300 yards, a rushing TD and a solid win against a team a lot of folks thought would be in the AFC title game again. Yeah he had 2 picks but he was poised and in control pretty much the whole game. He won't face that quality of a defense every week.

Agree Hitter....But he will face quality defenses in the playoffs....Reid needs to begin to prepare both the team and Patrick  for "the next level"....

To be clear, Patrick Mahomes is what the future looks like.  He is the new "prototype" of NFL QB.  He has ALL the tools. 

But let's not forget that you need great coaching to win SB's.....Reid has to step up.

w

16 hours ago, dhitter said:

Until proven otherwise I'm saying that is Mahomes floor. 300 yards, a rushing TD and a solid win against a team a lot of folks thought would be in the AFC title game again. Yeah he had 2 picks but he was poised and in control pretty much the whole game. He won't face that quality of a defense every week.

Also all this basically through 3 quarters, we went prevent on O to milk the clock in the 4th after being up 30-7.  

Archived