Watching Alex last night

Same old Alex - mostly everything underneath and clammed up under heavy pressure.  There were a few throws that Alex flat-out missed, but that Mahomes would have made look easy.  As I watched him try to move the Redskins down the field last night, I couldn’t help but think how happy I was to no longer be hamstrung by his limitations.  Mahomes is better, already, in so many areas than Alex.  It’s going to be awesome watching OUR guy terrorize the NFL for the next decade!

This is the play we aren't used to seeing, this is what makes me excited about him.  No fear in the pocket, will wait till the last second to give his WR's time to get open and risk taking a sack.  It's what Arod does in GB and why he is at the top in getting sacked but also makes an incredible amount of plays holding that ball for an extra second.  We see that with Mahomes as well....

I agree - same checkdowns and hesitations.  Bums me out as I wish he'd done better with KC as I've always have a soft spot for Alex, even in San Fran.

I remember reading an article about him when he was a rookie. He was so down to earth and let his college roommates live with him for years because he got the big rookie contract.

Absolutely great guy and helped Mahomes his rookie year. 

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

This is the play we aren't used to seeing, this is what makes me excited about him.  No fear in the pocket, will wait till the last second to give his WR's time to get open and risk taking a sack.  It's what Arod does in GB and why he is at the top in getting sacked but also makes an incredible amount of plays holding that ball for an extra second.  We see that with Mahomes as well....

Alex gets sacked there.

Alex is still Alex, but I felt bad for him last night.  His oline was horrid and he was immediately under pressure most of the night.  The sack Davenort had was brutal.  It was clean, but violent.  Surprised there was no foul.

i just hope that Pat doesn’t end up with the injuries that Rodgers has racked up by standing tall in the pocket until the last second.

I think we can all agree that Alex had/has his limitations. I still like the guy and root for him. But no one was happier to see the Chiefs make the move to get Mahomes than I was. This year has been amazing so far. Mahomes is must watch tv every stinkin' week!!

Archived