2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'd rather have him instead of some 6th or 7th round pick.

Eh.  If we could get a 3rd or even a 4th, I couldn't move him fast enough.  I've never been high on Ware, and don't think he brings much to the table.  In the preseason I was ok with cutting him outright, so if we could get anything in return for him, I say do it. 

20 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Eh.  If we could get a 3rd or even a 4th, I couldn't move him fast enough.  I've never been high on Ware, and don't think he brings much to the table.  In the preseason I was ok with cutting him outright, so if we could get anything in return for him, I say do it. 

If Hunt got hurt I don't like this offense featuring just Williams.   So if we got a 3rd or 4th or even a 5th sure but not for back end pick.

31 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If Hunt got hurt I don't like this offense featuring just Williams.   So if we got a 3rd or 4th or even a 5th sure but not for back end pick.

If Hunt got hurt, I don't think it would matter, because Andy would continue running his gadget runs to Hill/Watson/Dat.  Honestly, if Hunt went down, I think Andy's love affair with Dat would be front and center, and he would get a ton of snaps. 

If we wanted to trade in division, which won't  happen, Karl Joseph from the raiders is being shopped.  Would only be able to play strong safety, not a single high guy and has struggled so far.  Also not great in man coverage.  Fyi.  So will Shane Ray with a few more donkey losses.  Both recent first round picks.  

I am not advocating for either, just throwing it out there.  Well, maybe Ray.  

58 minutes ago, xen said:

If we wanted to trade in division, which won't  happen, Karl Joseph from the raiders is being shopped.  Would only be able to play strong safety, not a single high guy and has struggled so far.  Also not great in man coverage.  Fyi.  So will Shane Ray with a few more donkey losses.  Both recent first round picks.  

I am not advocating for either, just throwing it out there.  Well, maybe Ray.  

I don't like Karl Joseph and never really have.  Would suck as a fit here.  If I were making an aggressive play for a safety, I'd go after Landon Collins.

They are what, 2 weeks away from getting dirty dan back after today?  If Lucas can play well tonight, I'd probably just hold off on getting a safety and shop for a rental Guard or some LB help.

Non Elite,running backs are not all that valuable in todays new nfl. Most top teams are throwing and throwing more. That leaves the running game open for easier yards as teams scramble in coverage. Average backs look really decent. Ware has zero trade value coming off surgery etc.

Maybe we can ship him to the Cardinals with a pick.

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Cardinals are open to trading CB Patrick Peterson.

The Cardinals are looking to stockpile draft picks as they rebuild around rookie quarterback Josh Rosen. Per La Canfora, Arizona would also be open to moving S Deone Bucannon and LB Haason Reddick if the right offer came along. It sounds like the Cards will be active at the trade deadline, which is just over two weeks away. Peterson would be a great addition to a cornerback-needy team like Kansas City.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't like Karl Joseph and never really have.  Would suck as a fit here.  If I were making an aggressive play for a safety, I'd go after Landon Collins.

They are what, 2 weeks away from getting dirty dan back after today?  If Lucas can play well tonight, I'd probably just hold off on getting a safety and shop for a rental Guard or some LB help.

I agree about Joseph. They already have an injury prone safety.

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Maybe we can ship him to the Cardinals with a pick.

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Cardinals are open to trading CB Patrick Peterson.

The Cardinals are looking to stockpile draft picks as they rebuild around rookie quarterback Josh Rosen. Per La Canfora, Arizona would also be open to moving S Deone Bucannon and LB Haason Reddick if the right offer came along. It sounds like the Cards will be active at the trade deadline, which is just over two weeks away. Peterson would be a great addition to a cornerback-needy team like Kansas City.

ARI has been listening to offers on P. Peterson as well.  With that team being eager to dump talent and Veach willing to do in season trades, it would be nice if the Cards and Chiefs can work out a deal for a couple of their defensive players.  

Balto Mock:

ARI gets:  2019 KC 1st round, 2019 KC 3rd round pick, 2020 4th round pick.

KC gets:  Peterson and Buchanon.

19 minutes ago, dksww said:

ARI has been listening to offers on P. Peterson as well.  With that team being eager to dump talent and Veach willing to do in season trades, it would be nice if the Cards and Chiefs can work out a deal for a couple of their defensive players.  

Balto Mock:

ARI gets:  2019 KC 1st round, 2019 KC 3rd round pick, 2020 4th round pick.

KC gets:  Peterson and Buchanon.

Way too much for a 28 year old corner. No way! 

14 hours ago, Palangi said:

Way too much for a 28 year old corner. No way! 

Grading out as the 3rd best corner in the league according to PFF. Controlled for 2 more yrs. They will want a first. 

I agree with you, I wouldnt go higher than a 2. But both our second rounders are gonna be late ones.

Its a slippery slope. Hes a known shutdown corner.  But he is also likely at the end of his prime years. If we think this team has a legit shot to win a SB with Berry back and an addition like Peterson, maybe they do it. 

11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I thought lucas looked good yesterday.  I like what I see from him

Had he come up with that pick, that would have taken enough points off the board where the Chiefs would have won. But yes, he looked good. One could say rookie and youngster mistakes list the game yesterday. But I'm good with it if they learn from them.

Archived