JFC, now DAT goes on IR

2 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

It’s the Chiefs why is this surprising?

It has nothing to do with the Chiefs. Injuries happen in the NFL.  This isn't touch football.  All teams have their depth challenged at various positions at various times of each season.  The Chiefs are no different.  DAT is replaceable, but Houston, Berry and Watts and LDT being gone are more concerning to me.

41 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Problem, the Chiefs don't have spare players just laying around.

Hey maybe they can come in here and grab some of the all pros that post in here regularly about how shitty players are.

I am interested to see if they will bring Mcquay up from the practice squad. He does bring more speed and length to the safety spot over murray

7 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Problem, the Chiefs don't have spare players just laying around.

Hey maybe they can come in here and grab some of the all pros that post in here regularly about how shitty players are.

Yep. Maybe they can.

now for an actual take-

lucas looked good in his role and they still have Parker. We get Sorensen back in a few weeks too.

I feel bad that DAT keeps getting hurt. I also don’t think he offers much production to where this is a big loss for the team. He was a bad decision maker on kick returns and makes a half dozen good plays a season. I definitely hope we don’t keep bringing in gadget guys like DAT or McCluster. Get guys that truly have a position.

Regarding the title of this thread, DKSWW, why do you and others think that we have the injury bug worse and more regularly than other teams?  Have you looked at the injury list of our opponents all year, the headlines of crucial players being lost for the season, how lucky we have been until last week?  This whole title seems to be an example of a "poor us" mentality, a losers view that has plagued our hapless franchise for sixty years. We have no more injuries than anyone else.  Hell, we could lose Mahomes for the season at any moment in any game.  This is just football.  That's why they wear pads.  But our tendons and ligaments were not designed to handle the stresses placed on them or the pull of the muscles that have been overdeveloped to play this game.  Let's stop feeling sorry for ourselves, play the game, and start thinking like the fan base of champions, for God's sake.

17 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I feel bad that DAT keeps getting hurt. I also don’t think he offers much production to where this is a big loss for the team. He was a bad decision maker on kick returns and makes a half dozen good plays a season. I definitely hope we don’t keep bringing in gadget guys like DAT or McCluster. Get guys that truly have a position.

Leader on tackles on kick offs. Game changer in that role.

Regarding topic of injuries... Berry needs to have his damn bone spur shaved off at this point. He's already missed 6 weeks and I don't expect him to play unless he becomes aggressive with his treatment. Either way he's probably done for the season. DAT loss sucks but we have receiver depth.

Archived