Patrick Peterson, Cards open to trade

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I'd prefer he be at RG.  Has the making of a good road grader there.

I like LDT at RG.  Cam Erving is growing on me at LG.    Khalil should definitely be taught C.   Allowing us to move on from Morse when that contract comes up.    Would be a relatively cheap but tough interior Oline.   Eventually thats how we are going to have to do it once Mahomes gets to that 2nd contract.......

8 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I like LDT at RG.  Cam Erving is growing on me at LG.    Khalil should definitely be taught C.   Allowing us to move on from Morse when that contract comes up.    Would be a relatively cheap but tough interior Oline.   Eventually thats how we are going to have to do it once Mahomes gets to that 2nd contract.......

I don't think Khalil is a good fit at Center.  I think your Center needs to be more agile and balanced and quick to roll.  Khalil is massive with treetrunk legs and needs to be powering from the RG position.

5 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't think Khalil is a good fit at Center.  I think your Center needs to be more agile and balanced and quick to roll.  Khalil is massive with treetrunk legs and needs to be powering from the RG position.

I can see your point.  

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

It doesn't make sense to trade a lot for a corner that has 1, maybe 2 years before a decline would start.

True...But man that 1 to 2 year performance enhancement would be nice.

Maybe we could bench the penalty machine better known as Stevie Nelson.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Peterson in specific or a trade in general?

Peterson.   Just a gut feeling really.  When we were in on ET we were at least hearing rumors we were one of the teams from the national media.  When Peter's got traded their was a lot talk before it happened and the same with Alex Smith.   As of right now the only teams that are being reported interested are the Saints and Eagles.  

No idea if this is really the way they are seeing things or not but it would not surprise me if they didn't just see us shut down a good offense without Berry, Houston and Sorenson and played NE down to the wire on the road.  And that same NE team just put up 38 on a better D than ours when they were on the road without Gronk.  They may be thinking we get Berry, Houston and Sorenson back and with the way the rookies are playing we will keep our First and 2 seconds and take our chances with those 3 in the line up going into the playoffs.   

Here we go, Peterson has asked the Cardinals to trade him and wants OUT:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes agoCardinals’ All Pro CB Patrick Peterson has asked Arizona to deal him by the Oct. 30 trade deadline, per league sources. Peterson feels as if the situation is deteriorating and continues to reaffirm to others that he “desperately” wants out, per source.

I'm in for a 1st in 2019 and a 3rd in 19 or 20 I don't care.  We could really use a shutdown CB.

Even if we have to give up next year's picks it still leaves us with 2 2nds to work with.

18 minutes ago, dksww said:

Here we go, Peterson has asked the Cardinals to trade him and wants OUT:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes agoCardinals’ All Pro CB Patrick Peterson has asked Arizona to deal him by the Oct. 30 trade deadline, per league sources. Peterson feels as if the situation is deteriorating and continues to reaffirm to others that he “desperately” wants out, per source.

I'm in for a 1st in 2019 and a 3rd in 19 or 20 I don't care.  We could really use a shutdown CB.

Even if we have to give up next year's picks it still leaves us with 2 2nds to work with.

I agree.  I’d deal next years 1 and a 3 for Peterson and I think that’s pretty fair.  Good news is that KC would have to be at/near the top of his list considering how good we are this year.  This move makes us SB favorites.  Let’s hope Veach is all over this.

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs were reportedly balking at the idea of trading a first rounder for the top safety in the NFL, where they needed help the most.  No way are they trading a 1 and more for Peterson lol

not the same circumstances and SEA was asking for a 2nd for E. Thomas.

Thomas is a free agent after this season while Peterson is signed through 2020.

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-peterson/417

5 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

I agree.  I’d deal next years 1 and a 3 for Peterson and I think that’s pretty fair.  Good news is that KC would have to be at/near the top of his list considering how good we are this year.  This move makes us SB favorites.  Let’s hope Veach is all over this.

You know what this means, right? 

P. Peterson to New England for a 2020 7th round pick lol

12 minutes ago, dksww said:

not the same circumstances and SEA was asking for a 2nd for E. Thomas.

They wanted more than a 1 for Earl Thomas, which is why he wasn't dealt to the Cowboys back in the pre-season and only recently adjusted down because they were tired of dealing with him.  There's no indication that the Cardinals even want to actually trade Peterson.

KC is going to need to keep some of these picks.  I wouldn't offer anything more than a 2 and a day 3 pick toss in.

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

They wanted more than a 1 for Earl Thomas, which is why he wasn't dealt to the Cowboys back in the pre-season and only recently adjusted down because they were tired of dealing with him.  There's no indication that the Cardinals even want to actually trade Peterson.

KC is going to need to keep some of these picks.  I wouldn't offer anything more than a 2 and a day 3 pick toss in.

well then you're not getting him.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Isn't that a recycled article from Friday following the Denver loss?

I know its' dated today, but here is the same I posted Friday:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/michael-bidwill-says-patrick-peterson-trade-not-happening/

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs are 6-1 without him and will be getting players back on Defense.  They can survive without him.

Possibly, but we might as well do what the 2015 Royals did and be aggressive to help out even more.

Draft picks are a roll of the dice, sure having a lot of them is nice, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get a player even close to that of Peterson.

Archived