Patrick Peterson, Cards open to trade

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

Possibly, but we might as well do what the 2015 Royals did and be aggressive to help out even more.

Draft picks are a roll of the dice, sure having a lot of them is nice, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get a player even close to that of Peterson.

First round QB's are risky too, but you still roll the dice.  The Chiefs are going to need a good hand of picks to replace the older guys that aren't meeting expectations.

I'm not saying don't try to trade for Peterson, but a 1+more is absurd.  Offer what they offered for Earl Thomas and if the Cards decline, just move forward.  It's not like Pat isn't going to torch the NFL for a decade plus.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

First round QB's are risky too, but you still roll the dice.  The Chiefs are going to need a good hand of picks to replace the older guys that aren't meeting expectations.

I'm not saying don't try to trade for Peterson, but a 1+more is absurd.  Offer what they offered for Earl Thomas and if the Cards decline, just move forward.  It's not like Pat isn't going to torch the NFL for a decade plus.

Reports are KC had a deal in place for a second for ET. I know different positions but the Raiders just got a first for Cooper who is no where near as good at his position as PP is at his.   If the Cards are going to deal him they had to see that and think they can at least get a first for him.  

3 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Reports KC had a deal in place for a second.  I know different positions but the Raiders just got a first for Cooper who is no where near as good at his position as PP is at his.   If the Cards are going to deal him they had to see that and think they can at least get a first for him.  

Jerry Jones doing stupid shit isn't a baseline I'd follow.

18 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Bro Earl Thomas wasn’t going to garner anything more than a 2nd round pick.  He was at most a one year rental.   Patrick Peterson has three manageable years left on his contract.  How you can’t understand the difference is beyond me.  If Amari cooper is worth a 1st round pick, Peterso. Is worth at least that.   Whether we want to offer that up is a different topic.   

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Bro Earl Thomas wasn’t going to garner anything more than a 2nd round pick.  He was at most a one year rental.   Patrick Peterson has three manageable years left on his contract.  How you can’t understand the difference is beyond me.  If Amari cooper is worth a 1st round pick, Peterso. Is worth at least that.   Whether we want to offer that up is a different topic.   

Would you give up a first round pick for Peterson?

I would, because our 1st rd pick might be the 31st or 32nd pick!!

Do it Veech!

39 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Bro corners tend to fall off pretty fast once they near 30 and PP will be 29 soon

41 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I agree with that but that doesn't mean the Cards won't be asking for a first. 

I'd be surprised if they didn't, but I wouldn't make the trade.

2 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

Rumor mill cranking.  Just saw he was wanting to go to the Saints.

Steve Wilks: We’re not trading Patrick Peterson

Posted by Josh Alper on October 22, 2018, 3:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-1052483416-e1540235367230.jp
Getty Images

Cardinals coach Steve Wilks has fielded questions about the possibility of trading cornerback Patrick Peterson in the past and he did so again at his Monday press conference.

The impetus for the questions this time was a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN that said Peterson has gone to the team and requested a trade by the October 30 trade deadline. Wilks said he hasn’t heard anything from Peterson in regard to a request and that he plans to talk to Peterson in the near future about his feelings.

Wilks also said that the team won’t be making a move involving Peterson.

“We’re not trading Patrick,” Wilks said.

That’s the same thing that team owner Michael Bidwill said last week, but one wonders if they could be bowled over by an offer that gives them pieces they can use to build a better team than the one that’s gone 1-6 so far this season.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

KC is going to need to keep some of these picks.  I wouldn't offer anything more than a 2 and a day 3 pick toss in.

Question:  If the draft was tomorrow and Peterson was still on the board, would you use a #1 for him?  Was Peter's worth a #1 and is he that much better than Peterson?  My point is that we all tend to fall in love with our top pick and too often they are busts.  Brad Budde, Joswiak, Snow, Sly Morris, Sims.  Getting a proven talent for a #1 pick is a pretty good deal unless the cap implications are too severe.

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Question:  If the draft was tomorrow and Peterson was still on the board, would you use a #1 for him?  Was Peter's worth a #1 and is he that much better than Peterson?  My point is that we all tend to fall in love with our top pick and too often they are busts.  Brad Budde, Joswiak, Snow, Sly Morris, Sims.  Getting a proven talent for a #1 pick is a pretty good deal unless the cap implications are too severe.

We're beyond that point now.  If we had dealt off picks to "HELP ALEX" than we would have never of had the ammunition to go after Pat.  Overall this team is drafting better and these draft picks are going to matter a heck of a lot when it's time to give Tyreek Hill and Pat extensions.

That goes without saying, 2019 is going to be stacked with some great options to fill CB.

36 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Drafting him you have him at the very least for 5 years at a  very reduced costs VS 2 and half years at 11 mill.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

To be fair, we didn't get a number 1 for Peters. 

True.  I was using the Peters draft to compare what a #1 is worth.  People were happy to get Peters with a one, but complain about the cost of using a one to get Peterson.  Admittedly not the same thing because we have to consider the salary of a new player vs. the salary of Peterson.

Archived