Patrick Peterson, Cards open to trade

45 minutes ago, Balto said:

Alex Smith was playing well...So I guess we should not of traded up for Mahomes!

Gaining Peterson would cause a trickle down effect!  Peterson on the WR1 while now our other CBs that have been doing better can focus on WR2 and so on...This will also take pressure off our safeties and either allow them to double a teams WR2, TEs, roam, help LBs on run stopping and hell even send a secondary blitz or two!  SOOO many options will be added for Sutton if Peterson becomes a Chief.  Don't get me started IF(big IF) Berry ever comes back at full strength this season!!!!   

Regardless...KC was reported to be sending a 2nd to Seattle for Earl Thomas for a half year rental to go all out for a Super Bowl..You don't think they would send a 1st+more for a top 3 CB in the NFL that you will have for 3 years on a very very cheap contract for his services?  I'm honestly surprised that Peterson isn't a Chief yet!

Regarding Alex Smith...Dude, The Chiefs traded up to get a young potential stud. They didn't trade away picks to get an older QB to replace Alex. Not even comparable situations.

I get what you are saying, BUT my answer to this is I do not want to see the Chiefs trade a draft pick that could be a good starter for 10 years so they can have a stud for 2 years. The Chiefs have a good record for the development of their day 1 and 2 draft picks. As for Earl Thomas RUMORS...well they were just that...RUMORS. We have no idea if the Chiefs were actually willing to send a 2nd round pick for his services. But even if the Chiefs were, I highly doubt they would have made the trade if their wasn't a contract extension as part of the talks so it would not have been for a half year rental. Do you want to know how I think this? Because the Chiefs highest paid WR Mr Sammie Watkins landed in KC via free agency despite Veach trying to obtain him the previous season via trade. Back when the Rams traded a player and a 2nd round pick for Watkins and a sixth round pick. They weren't willing to trade a 1st round pick for a younger player with the highest upside of any receiver in the NFL according to Veach's compliments of Watkins.

This is NOT going to happen. I feel like I need to go AC style and claim this as fact. LOL!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Regarding Alex Smith...Dude, The Chiefs traded up to get a young potential stud. They didn't trade away picks to get an older QB to replace Alex. Not even comparable situations.

I get what you are saying, BUT my answer to this is I do not want to see the Chiefs trade a draft pick that could be a good starter for 10 years so they can have a stud for 2 years. The Chiefs have a good record for the development of their day 1 and 2 draft picks. As for Earl Thomas RUMORS...well they were just that...RUMORS. We have no idea if the Chiefs were actually willing to send a 2nd round pick for his services. But even if the Chiefs were, I highly doubt they would have made the trade if their wasn't a contract extension as part of the talks so it would not have been for a half year rental. Do you want to know how I think this? Because the Chiefs highest paid WR Mr Sammie Watkins landed in KC via free agency despite Veach trying to obtain him the previous season via trade. Back when the Rams traded a player and a 2nd round pick for Watkins and a sixth round pick. They weren't willing to trade a 1st round pick for a younger player with the highest upside of any receiver in the NFL according to Veach's compliments of Watkins.

This is NOT going to happen. I feel like I need to go AC style and claim this as fact. LOL!

The key word in your statement is COULD...

44 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

The key word in your statement is COULD...

The Chiefs 1st round draft picks going back to 2013. Eric Fisher, Dee Ford, Marcus Peters, Patrick Mahomes. They are 4 out of 4 at drafting starters in the 1st round. I will take anyone of these players for a 10 year period over Peterson who is 29 and has 2 good years left in him before you start to watch the decline. I have faith in the Chiefs brass to continue their solid drafting in the top 3 rounds. Obviously, many on this board do not because you'd rather have a 2 year player than a 10 year player. 

We will not agree on this topic because of that one fundamental difference in perception. If the Chiefs trade for him I won't be mad. BUT I'd rather they not trade for him and think long term with the picks it would take to acquire him. 

16 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

The Chiefs 1st round draft picks going back to 2013. Eric Fisher, Dee Ford, Marcus Peters, Patrick Mahomes. They are 4 out of 4 at drafting starters in the 1st round. I will take anyone of these players for a 10 year period over Peterson who is 29 and has 2 good years left in him before you start to watch the decline. I have faith in the Chiefs brass to continue their solid drafting in the top 3 rounds. Obviously, many on this board do not because you'd rather have a 2 year player than a 10 year player. 

We will not agree on this topic because of that one fundamental difference in perception. If the Chiefs trade for him I won't be mad. BUT I'd rather they not trade for him and think long term with the picks it would take to acquire him. 

I would take a guaranteed Top CB, All-Pro Corner for the next few years while Mahomes is dirt cheap VS taking the chance on a 10 year starter that even if they are a 10 year starter will have a very low chance of being a player of Peterson's caliber!  

Also....Eric Fisher-How long has it taken for him to not be considered a bust?  Dee Ford-Again how many years now has it taken for him to not be considered a bust?  Peters-Not even on the team anymore!  Mahomes-I'll give you this one even with the zero impact as a rookie and costing multiple 1st rounders!

By the time YOUR imaginary 1st rounder is able to make a impact as a starter for this team Mahomes will be signing a contract for $40M a year and our window of having a cheap elite QB will be gone!

This team has sat back to many F'n years building through the draft!  Now is the time to go for it and giving up what it takes to get All-Pro players on this team before the trade deadline to win a Super Bowl is a no brainer! 

It's time to take action Arrowhead one!!

5 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Was listening to Sirius NFL radio yesterday and some schmo Raider fan called in to profess his belief that a "thunder and lightening" running game approach is the way to beat the Chiefs. Charlie Weis said no way, that if he were a coach against the Chiefs he would assume you'd have to score a bunch of points to win, so going balls out would be his approach. Basically what you said about scaring teams out of running the ball as a general game plan. 

However, in the playoffs - in adverse weather - this team may have to stop the run to win a game. Houston coming back along with improvement from the youngsters (Berry coming back wouldn't hurt) may be enough to get it done. I like what I saw of Nadi and O'Daniel Sunday night. 

I agree- reading about the Saints approach to the ravens defense, it was pretty much the same. They know they cannot rely on the defense so they were macro-aggressive in their approach. A fake punt and going for it on the 4th downs 3 seperate times....the drive went almost 10 minutes buit yield 0 points....but the message was sent: We will play offense, not defense today.

Thats what the Chiefs are doing also.

23 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

From what I'm gathering, the Cards aren't taking the shopping seriously and want a bucket of picks  for PP.  Chiefs aren't going to be buyers--dont expect any moves.

Yeah Veach isn't going to be stupid with it.  Would be nice but you can't sacrifice too much. 

**NFL TRADE RUMORS**
Source: Eagles & Chiefs currently most aggressive in pursuit for Patrick Peterson #Cardinals are listening (Philly made best offer so far) Steelers have interest, not as aggressive as those two teams. Talks are fluid so updates could change next 24-48HRs

our deep play off and  do I dare say SB window is wide open  this season..I'd wager 90% of fans and front office never dreamed of such a scenario..best  get the gettn while the gettn is good..it only takes one injury to  Mahomes and this  eagle turns to a pigeon. I'm not advocating   sacrificing our future but IF just IF the Front office realistically  thinks that Houston and Berry will be back in full form by  playoff time then I say go for it!

Trading away one first rounder for a 3 year elite player isn't the worse you could do with that pick.   Sure its not longevity but its not mortgaging the future either.   Our future will solely rest on the ability of our scouts to replenish talent and our coaches to develop that talent.  We seem to be doing that extremely well on offense but our defense has done a terrible job of that.   So if we were going to draft a defensive player with that 1st rounder why not use that to get a proven commodity who isn't a cancer or trouble maker.   I won't cry if we don't but I think it would be wise move if its possible.  

If Peterson can be had for say a 1st and 3rd...do it! Waiting to build the defense thru the next draft is a good strategy if we had a good offense and we are slow rolling... But KC has a SUPER BOWL WINING OFFENSE right now. They are not just good...or great...they are ELITE. Strike now. It not like he is even a 1 year rental, he will be part of the team for years.

36 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Honestly, they really have 10+ year window.

you dont know that..once he gets his 200 million $$ contract the rest of the team suffers.. one cheap shot and he's off on a cart.. saying that is pure  delusional lunacy

1 hour ago, Balto said:

**NFL TRADE RUMORS**
Source: Eagles & Chiefs currently most aggressive in pursuit for Patrick Peterson #Cardinals are listening (Philly made best offer so far) Steelers have interest, not as aggressive as those two teams. Talks are fluid so updates could change next 24-48HRs

This guy is a nobody

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

you dont know that..once he gets his 200 million $$ contract the rest of the team suffers.. one cheap shot and he's off on a cart.. saying that is pure  delusional lunacy

They are going to make it harder and harder to touch a QB every year.  Come back from the ledge my friend.

5 hours ago, Balto said:

I would take a guaranteed Top CB, All-Pro Corner for the next few years while Mahomes is dirt cheap VS taking the chance on a 10 year starter that even if they are a 10 year starter will have a very low chance of being a player of Peterson's caliber!  

Also....Eric Fisher-How long has it taken for him to not be considered a bust?  Dee Ford-Again how many years now has it taken for him to not be considered a bust?  Peters-Not even on the team anymore!  Mahomes-I'll give you this one even with the zero impact as a rookie and costing multiple 1st rounders!

By the time YOUR imaginary 1st rounder is able to make a impact as a starter for this team Mahomes will be signing a contract for $40M a year and our window of having a cheap elite QB will be gone!

It’s not happening.  

Archived