Patrick Peterson, Cards open to trade

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It’s not happening.  

I think it could. Veach is aggressive and the window looks to be open this year. If Peterson was a free agent I would agree, but he isnt. Even though he has likely peaked, I think he can probably still play at a high level for the next 2 years.

Unless you have some inside info?

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think it could. Veach is aggressive and the window looks to be open this year. If Peterson was a free agent I would agree, but he isnt. Even though he has likely peaked, I think he can probably still play at a high level for the next 2 years.

Veach is aggressive but only at the right price.

34 minutes ago, dksww said:

Allbright is legit.  At least the Chiefs have called.  Whoever gets him is giving up a 1 that’s for sure, and if I were Veach, I’m not sure you make that move for a guy nearing 30.  Then again, we could win the SB this year if we nabbed Peterson.

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They are going to make it harder and harder to touch a QB every year.  Come back from the ledge my friend.

be fan  since 68 .and  maybe you'll understand..but I understand where you are coming from as well

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

be fan  since 68 .and  maybe you'll understand..but I understand where you are coming from as well

I just wanted a reason to quote Third Eye Blind into a post mostly.

But seriously, Pat is going to be the NFL's golden child and before long opponents will be flagged if they even breathe on him.  I'm not worried about his longevity.

Speaks and Nnamdi are growing with experience.  No reason for anyone to panic in KC.  This is going to be the golden era of Chiefs football, so kick back and enjoy!

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

My sources are about as credible as Nick Athans. LOL.   I just keep hearing and seeing people that cover this team every day strongly suggest no big move is coming. It’s not even aimed specifically at Peterson.  

This team is a surprise legit Super Bowl contender though IF we play at home already.  So who knows what’s possible and what Veach is thinking for sure. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I just wanted a reason to quote Third Eye Blind into a post mostly.

But seriously, Pat is going to be the NFL's golden child and before long opponents will be flagged if they even breathe on him.  I'm not worried about his longevity.

Speaks and Nnamdi are growing with experience.  No reason for anyone to panic in KC.  This is going to be the golden era of Chiefs football, so kick back and enjoy!

I don't think this is a panic move at all.  I think this would be a calculated effort to land a very good player for this year and the next 2 that could really solidify your D.   Like you said Speaks is developing and so is Nandi.  I think Kpass will round into form and then we make a decision about Ford or Houston.   The secondary would be pretty tough with Peterson, Fuller and Nelson and Watts coming back to help Berry or we look to draft another safety.  We wouldn't have to go FA fishing much and we would be able to use our free cap space to keep our core in tact.   I would totally be with you if this was a 3 month rental but its a great contract for the next 3 years for a very very good player.   With or without him we still have a shot this year but with him I could see this D actually making a stop if needed.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

I agree with OT. This is what I’ve been saying. You never know.

if you were in on EARL, you HAVE TO BE IN ON PATRICK PETERSON

Not necessarily. Earl plays the safety position which is a much more versatile position in todays NFL. 

I rather have Earl Thomas and Eric Berry on the back end making average corners look great. BUT only at the right price.

Since this is looking more and more likely I can only hope Veach doesn't give away too much for Peterson.

16 hours ago, Balto said:

I would take a guaranteed Top CB, All-Pro Corner for the next few years while Mahomes is dirt cheap VS taking the chance on a 10 year starter that even if they are a 10 year starter will have a very low chance of being a player of Peterson's caliber!  

Also....Eric Fisher-How long has it taken for him to not be considered a bust?  Dee Ford-Again how many years now has it taken for him to not be considered a bust?  Peters-Not even on the team anymore!  Mahomes-I'll give you this one even with the zero impact as a rookie and costing multiple 1st rounders!

By the time YOUR imaginary 1st rounder is able to make a impact as a starter for this team Mahomes will be signing a contract for $40M a year and our window of having a cheap elite QB will be gone!

Bust status? Lol. I can give 2 shits what fans think about players based on where they were drafted. Fisher was playing solid while developing. Not his fault he was the 1st overall pick and fans expectations were ridiculous.

Yes, Marcus Peters isn't here. Doesn't change the fact that he was drafted to be a stud and a stud is how he plays. What bothers me about this is that the Chiefs had a stud CB, traded him away, and now are trying to trade for an older stud CB. That is not good management in my opinion, but I guess it's better to make moves then to hold onto ones ego. 

Dee Ford, well this one I agree has not gone as planned. He's flashed potential several times only to be reduced to a body on the team because of injuries. This season has so far been his best. I hope I didn't just jinx him. Lol.

Regarding Mahomes second contract, I read a blog article that researched topic of money spent on QB versus wins. It was not substantiated. Bottom line is if you have a great QB, the team will still win games. I think Mahomes will be more savy than he is now by the time his second contract is due. He'll make average WR better just like the GOAT did for so many years.

EDIT: I wanted to add some thoughts to the last point about QB's. I think when it comes to paying a QB top money, the problem is more about "is that QB really worth that money?" What I mean is that every year an above average QB gets paid top 5 money. Thus that team is spending a large portion of its cap dollars on one position. The problem in my opinion is that the QB shouldn't have been pad that much to begin with because he relies more on the team to get the most out of him. That said, a QB like Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Rothlesbooger, Drew Brees...they make players around them better. Now part of me wants to not include Mahomes in this category because every year there are a couple of young QB's on their first contract that play lights out and then when they get paid the big bucks and team doesn't have the same success they blame that lack of success on the money tied up in the QB position. I think to myself, that QB was probably never worth that contract to begin with but he was giving that QB based on a small sample size. So since Mahomes is only in his first year as a starter we shouldn't include him in this conversation of great QB's that make players around him better...BUT it's hard not to include him because we are watching him do just that.

Also, the actual money the player receives is irrelevant. The percentage of the cap space is what's important.There are so many ways teams can pay a player big bucks without having a great quantity of that money counting against the cap.

I wouldn't buy into any information at this time of the season with the trade deadline a week away.  It's the same as buying into information on the draft and who's going where.

Veach has been aggressive since day 1 and I doub the's just sitting on his hands not seeing what's out there to be had.

I honestly feel sorry for Peterson. Dude has been the best corner in football gor awhile now, and just wants to win. They are pretty much telling him " too fucking bad, you are gonna stay here and lose."

Then again, he signed a contract that pays millions of dollars to play a game,  so maybe he should feel sorry for me.

23 minutes ago, dksww said:

I wouldn't buy into any information at this time of the season with the trade deadline a week away.  It's the same as buying into information on the draft and who's going where.

Veach has been aggressive since day 1 and I doub the's just sitting on his hands not seeing what's out there to be had.

The Chiefs aren’t trading for Patrick Peterson.  

16 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Just out of curiosity, have you been tracking your prediction success rate?  I haven't gone back to check, but it seems like you are not exactly a precog. 

He considers himself a realist who is really a defeatist. Im a pessimist by nature and he makes me look like a motivational speaker.

Because the defense has 2 good games against 1 average qb and one backup qb? 

Beacause mellinger said so?

this defense is still what it is.

veach needs to add a piece or two.

he now needs to add some ol help. Chiefs will be making a trade or two.

Archived