Patrick Peterson, Cards open to trade

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Collins is a FA. How much do you give up for a rental?

They would have to work out an extension.  But, there is a fire sale going on there now.  Harrison to Detroit for a 5?  Wow.

I would give a 2.  If they could extend him.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Then you have a TON of money locked up at safety between him and Berry.

agreed, plus Lucas is playing well, why send him to the bench unless they believe Berry isn't coming back this year but we can't cut him because of the dead $ we would lose...

22 minutes ago, SEMO said:

They would have to work out an extension.  But, there is a fire sale going on there now.  Harrison to Detroit for a 5?  Wow.

Collins would be the one guy they won't trade is my guess.  I could be wrong, but I don't think they'll unload Collins.

Even though they don't have a fire sale going I could see them wanting to pick up a 2nd for Collins. They might use that pick while moving up for a QB. Otherwise Collins is a player they should be retaining but we have seen some boneheaded decisions from them in the past. 

I want Peterson too, but do you guys really think we should give up a 1st?

I mean think about it..

Peterson is considered a "SHUT DOWN" corner, meaning he follows the Team's best WR.

Do you guys seriously believe that Sutton will allow him to move around????????

If Sutton does not allow him to do his job, then I don't see the reason for taking him. Teams will just do what they did when Peters was here and line their best WR anywhere Peterson is not.

He would be worth a 1st if we utilize him the right way....However, Bob has told us and showed us that he is not into the "Move The DB around stuff."

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I want Peterson too, but do you guys really think we should give up a 1st?

I mean think about it..

Peterson is considered a "SHUT DOWN" corner, meaning he follows the Team's best WR.

Do you guys seriously believe that Sutton will allow him to move around????????

If Sutton does not allow him to do his job, then I don't see the reason for taking him. Teams will just do what they did when Peters was here and line their best WR anywhere Peterson is not.

He would be worth a 1st if we utilize him the right way....However, Bob has told us and showed us that he is not into the "Move The DB around stuff."

I wouldn't worry....If Sutton would have Peterson stay on one side he would either lock down the WR1 allowing our other CB/Ss to double a TE OR a WR2/Slot OR could single coverage now that the WR1 is covered by Peterson and bring a extra pass rusher or stack the box.....OR if Peterson stays on one side and gets the WR2 our other CBs/Ss can easily double the teams WR1 taking him out.

I think the big thing would be that no matter who Peterson would be covering HE can do it solo allowing Sutton and everyone else to worry about other Offensive threats.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

IF KC was looking at trading for Earl Thomas for a rest of the year rental I could see the same with Collins.  Hell why not just trade for both Peterson and Collins and go win a SB!

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Nobody is talking about the Chiefs and Patrick Peterson outside of this forum.  

You literally just responded to my post with Allbright's Tweet stating the Chiefs have called. 

Just now, Balto said:

“Easily a first round draft pick & then some for Patrick Peterson, one NFL guy told me yesterday that the Amari Cooper trade screwed up the value all over the league” - @AdamSchefter

Said no one ever.....

Geez loweez, Nostradamus with that statement....but thats Jerry Jones for you....its all about him and screw the rest of you....

1 minute ago, Balto said:

“Easily a first round draft pick & then some for Patrick Peterson, one NFL guy told me yesterday that the Amari Cooper trade screwed up the value all over the league” - @AdamSchefter

Well if the Raiders and Cowboys can't get together to fuck up trade values no one can. 

Archived