Patrick Peterson, Cards open to trade

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, dksww said:

You literally just responded to my post with Allbright's Tweet stating the Chiefs have called. 

I mean to say that there’s been nothing beyond a call.  No reports linking any type of dialogue between KC and AZ.  Veach called, did his due diligence and that was it.  

2 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

I mean to say that there’s been nothing beyond a call.  No reports linking any type of dialogue between KC and AZ.  Veach called, did his due diligence and that was it.  

Looks like the sun does shine on a dog's ass every now and then:

The Cardinals never wanted to trade him and that's the story.

I'm sure the Steelers, Eagles, Pats, Jets, Chiefs and Saints called to see what they wanted and quickly dipped out once they heard the price.  Not overpaying for a guy that has maybe around 2 prime years left is the right move.

On the flipside, he's probably going to be on the decline when the Cardinals start to turn it around and they're really stupid for not taking what they can get for him.  If I'm in their position, I quickly flip him for a 1+3 or 4 ideally and use it to give Rosen some actual protection or some targets.  There's a reason they are generally a toilet team.

NFL teams just don't unload rosters like the Raiders have been doing.  It's different than baseball and basketball and I've never understood it.

The Giants, Cardinals and teams with one or 2 wins are complete morons for not tanking for draft position.

Just too much pride in the NFL.

In just football sense, I really don't know why the Giants and Raiders are having a firesale.

The Raiders just needed to redo it's OT situation, parlay Cooper into a pick (success) and find a new #1 WR and get someone to compliment Khalil Mack.  This year would have been rocky regardless, but they were in position to be a force in 2019.  Now? 2021 probably if you were really generous and thought Gruden can identify talent. When you connect the dots and realize the Davis family is broke and can't afford all the talent, it's easier to grasp.  The stupid part was assuming Gruden can rebuild it all and his name would keep fans in the seats.

The Giants?  They really could have salvaged the year by making a power move and trading for Derek Carr.

Eli is shitty beyond belief and a mediocre QB has them competing for the East.  Passing on 3 QB options for a RB was beyond stupid and now his prime years will be wasted on a team that's blowing it all up.  They had a pretty good roster.

The Cards have no Oline, no #1 WR, no legit TE to help a young QB (Gresham is a jag) and maybe 3 good players out of 11 positions on Defense.  They need to overhaul over 50% of that roster, so holding onto players is really questionable.  The Broncos should be in a firesale mode, too.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Mikes tombstone is gonna say this.

Getting Allen back could help if he’s truly healthy. But we’ve lost two guys to IR and a third has concussion issues. Letting the oline become a problem would be a huge problem for us. 

49 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

In just football sense, I really don't know why the Giants and Raiders are having a firesale.

The Raiders just needed to redo it's OT situation, parlay Cooper into a pick (success) and find a new #1 WR and get someone to compliment Khalil Mack.  This year would have been rocky regardless, but they were in position to be a force in 2019.  Now? 2021 probably if you were really generous and thought Gruden can identify talent. When you connect the dots and realize the Davis family is broke and can't afford all the talent, it's easier to grasp.  The stupid part was assuming Gruden can rebuild it all and his name would keep fans in the seats.

The Giants?  They really could have salvaged the year by making a power move and trading for Derek Carr.

Eli is shitty beyond belief and a mediocre QB has them competing for the East.  Passing on 3 QB options for a RB was beyond stupid and now his prime years will be wasted on a team that's blowing it all up.  They had a pretty good roster.

The Cards have no Oline, no #1 WR, no legit TE to help a young QB (Gresham is a jag) and maybe 3 good players out of 11 positions on Defense.  They need to overhaul over 50% of that roster, so holding onto players is really questionable.  The Broncos should be in a firesale mode, too.

Raiders oline has talent whereas the Giants oline is a train wreck every year. Raiders are clearly selling out it’s Oakland fans and going all in for rebuild in Vegas. They are about to be flush with cash by the way too but are so poorly run I agree with you it’s probably not gonna work. 

Derek Carr is very overrated in my opinion. Heck there’s rumors he was crying after being hit hard last week and his teammates don’t seem to like him either from what I’ve read.  

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Derek Carr is very overrated in my opinion. Heck there’s rumors he was crying after being hit hard last week and his teammates don’t seem to like him either from what I’ve read.  

Many of the Raiders turned on him over the National Anthem issue. He didn't support their stance. The next week he was pounded via a reluctant oline that had given up very few sacks until then. He was hurt for a game or two if I remember right.

I don't think he's too bad just in a bad situation. The team doesn't care, the HC wants his players not the previous regimes, the HC wants to be HC and GM so if he loses and makes the team look bad he'll get rid of McKenzie.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Many of the Raiders turned on him over the National Anthem issue. He didn't support their stance. The next week he was pounded via a reluctant oline that had given up very few sacks until then. He was hurt for a game or two if I remember right.

I don't think he's too bad just in a bad situation. The team doesn't care, the HC wants his players not the previous regimes, the HC wants to be HC and GM so if he loses and makes the team look bad he'll get rid of McKenzie.

Yea, I agree. That's why I think the Jags should be on the phone with Mckenzie, err, Gruden trying to make a deal...

5 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Nobody is talking about the Chiefs and Patrick Peterson outside of this forum.  

Hmm,

Per NFL.com

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: Buy cornerback Patrick Peterson. This is the best the Chiefs (6-1) have looked in a long, long time. But one big deficiency remains in the defensive secondary. Kansas City, which hasn't found the success it envisioned with Kendall Fuller and Steven Nelson, could make a gigantic splash by acquiring Peterson, who would immediately shore up some of the Chiefs' concerns against the pass. The Chiefs would have to negotiate with the Cardinals on the salary front, convincing Arizona to convert some of Peterson's 2019 money into a signing bonus to make a trade work, though Kansas City is looking at plenty of cap space to keep him after 2018. That would drive up the price, but the title window is open right now for the Chiefs, and Peterson is worth a bank-breaking deal. Potential compensation: 2019 first- and second-round picks (with the second being the Rams' selection acquired in the Marcus Peters deal).

and

4) Kansas City Chiefs' secondary

Led by Dee Ford's impressive contract push, the front seven can hold its own once bookend edge rusher Justin Houston returns from his hamstring injury. Barring a trade for All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson, on the other hand, the back end of Bob Sutton's defense looms as a season-long liability. The Chiefs' last-place defense has allowed 435.4 yards per game, a number that has them on pace to threaten the 2012 Saints' record for futility. Can K.C. really count on Eric Berry to be a savior when the three-time All-Pro safety is dealing with a painful deformity in his surgically repaired heel?

"They will keep their conversation private (btwn mgmt & PP), but @P2 didn't look convincing to me regarding his statement. I'll continue to say he doesn't want to be here." - @AZbobbymac after talking to Patrick Peterson face to face in the @AZCardials locker room just now.

59 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Hmm,

Per NFL.com

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: Buy cornerback Patrick Peterson. This is the best the Chiefs (6-1) have looked in a long, long time. But one big deficiency remains in the defensive secondary. Kansas City, which hasn't found the success it envisioned with Kendall Fuller and Steven Nelson, could make a gigantic splash by acquiring Peterson, who would immediately shore up some of the Chiefs' concerns against the pass. The Chiefs would have to negotiate with the Cardinals on the salary front, convincing Arizona to convert some of Peterson's 2019 money into a signing bonus to make a trade work, though Kansas City is looking at plenty of cap space to keep him after 2018. That would drive up the price, but the title window is open right now for the Chiefs, and Peterson is worth a bank-breaking deal. Potential compensation: 2019 first- and second-round picks (with the second being the Rams' selection acquired in the Marcus Peters deal).

and

4) Kansas City Chiefs' secondary

Led by Dee Ford's impressive contract push, the front seven can hold its own once bookend edge rusher Justin Houston returns from his hamstring injury. Barring a trade for All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson, on the other hand, the back end of Bob Sutton's defense looms as a season-long liability. The Chiefs' last-place defense has allowed 435.4 yards per game, a number that has them on pace to threaten the 2012 Saints' record for futility. Can K.C. really count on Eric Berry to be a savior when the three-time All-Pro safety is dealing with a painful deformity in his surgically repaired heel?

Your sample is a “wishful thinking” type article.  I’m referring to legitimate chatter tying Peterson to a dialogue with KC.  As I said, sir, there is none.

4 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Your sample is a “wishful thinking” type article.  I’m referring to legitimate chatter tying Peterson to a dialogue with KC.  As I said, sir, there is none.

Soo if that was just wishful thinking that would mean the entire report will ALL 31 NFL teams is wishful thinking because no teams have had legitimate chatter correct?  And its not even April 1st!!!

22 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Did you not say "Nobody is talking about the Chiefs and Patrick Peterson outside of this forum." I posted what most in here already know, that fact that again you are wrong.

So I assume that any time you post something it is straight from the horses mouth i.e. Clark Hunt, Veach or Reid because you would never post anything from NFL.com or other reliable sources of that kind.

By the way, I have said I don't believe it will happen but unlike you I try not to be so "matter of fact" about it.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

People that let national anthem issue dictate how they treat people are the real problem. Doesn’t mean your wrong though!  Odd thing about Carr is that Gruden said entire deal is about him and I still believe it. Gruden can’t develop young QBs, he needs Carr.  And Carr is absolutely not a slouch, he’s just not elite like many seem to think.  At least in my opinion. 

Archived