Smellway Wanted Keenum

Chiefsfan1963

21 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Elway got lucky that Peyton Manning and Von Miller fell into his lap.

Yep. Elway has been absolutely miserable at drafting offensive players and now has pretty much just given in to the old Chiefs way of thinking at the games most important position. Second he did that, we had him!

Wouldn't be surprised if Elway gets an "assistant" that has way too much say behind the scenes. Miller was a no brainer and he struck gold with Manning situation but other than that he has been consistently messing up the draft and only had a couple decent FAs.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

He and Matt Millen prove that just because you played the game at a high level doesn't automatically make you a shoe in to be a good GM.

I've always hated the idea of bringing a fan favorite in to the organization as a coach or GM.

You really need proven scout types running your organizations now. Elway never had to pay his dues there to prove he belonged. Heck he even told Pat Bowlen in 2010 "I'm not interested in being a head coach. I'm not interested in being a general manager. I don't have that kind of experience to be able to pick those players day in and day out and such."

Archived