Defense

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched Hitchens play in Dallas the last couple years. He was explosive and very productive. He us a terrible fot for this scheme. Some players just do muxh better when they dont have to think as much, and they can just attack. Suttons scheme has this poor bastard completely lost. I think we will see a much better player next year with a new DC.

6 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Saw a stat that said something like 48% of our defensive salary cap didn’t play, that’s both sad and I guess ‘hopeful’ that our D can at least move from complete dumpster fire to bend don’t break crapiness that Sutton excels at 🤦‍♂️

no thats pathetic and curses on Dorsey.. its time to cut bait with those who cant get on the field regardless of their pass heroics 

Josh Shaw, #30, signed less than a week ago, is covering one of the best tight ends in the NFL with the game on the line and gets beat badly. But he’s out there cause the Chiefs safeties as a position group are young and inexperienced because Berry and Sorensen are out. But still, there is no shame in this game. The Chiefs will come back against the Bengals with an absolute biblical vengeance. Berry will play this year. The Chiefs might make a trade for a defensive player this week, Patrick Peterson, anyone? And move Nelson over to safety. This game will be played again and the Chiefs will be at full strength. 

17 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Belichick was smart enough to do what other teams against us abandoned:  run the ball 38 times and keep the kid off the field.

The Pats needed a last second FG to win.  I'm failing to see how this worked?

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

Why are people acting like we lost this game by 2 touchdowns? 

I haven't read all the posts in the other threads. I in fact avoided the thread were most were posting last night, to avoid the negative talk. I'm a pretty big homer myself, but try to look at things objectively. Semo was correct IMO. If the Chiefs get a few more stops they may have won. Bellichik attacked a weakness and used up a lot of clock.

44 minutes ago, dksww said:

Well, it worked on the last drive because there were only 3 minutes left in a game of whoever has the ball last, wins.

Time of Possession

NE - 36:09

KC - 23:51

Mahomes still dropped 40 on them in 12 less minutes.  NE had 12 drives to our 11.  Running the ball ate up those 12 minutes and took probabaly 2 drives from us which changes the game.

Sure, there were other factors:  the pick at the end of the half, FGs instead of TDs, etc.  But, NE’s ability to methodically run the ball down the field was the big difference.  Take that away to where we have 12 drives to their 11 and we win.

8 hours ago, qnet said:

I understand you feeling that way. I'm sick of Houston and key players like Morse always getting dinged also. Having said that, if the deja vu you mentioned is referring to the Chiefs defense, I don't think it's as bad as the G rob defense of the DV years.  I think this team has better pass rushers & even secondary.  The issue is the  Linebackers and run defense. It sucks, because I guess it doesn't really matter either way.  

I am not so sure about the defense being better and here is why. Currently we are on a record pace for yards given up in a season. Think of all the horrible defenses that have hit the field over the years. Currently we are out stinking them and it isn't even particularly close. Now one might counter with the "yards don't matter its all about points". Well we just scored 40 points last night....and still lost. Doug Marrone is a moron because he all but abandoned the run game last week and put the fate of his team in the hands of Blake Bortles. Vance Joseph? Enough said. If we can count on opposing coaches sucking it up on the sidelines then we will always have a chance I guess.

Another problem is the way the rules are set up to decidedly favor the offense. A struggling defense is handicapped even more today than they were in the old GRob days. I think a lot of folks are banking on Berry to return at some point. I am not. You cannot put your eggs in that basket. We have to entertain the possibility he will not come back...and then what? Our savior becomes Daniel Sorenson? Oh boy!

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

I am not so sure about the defense being better and here is why. Currently we are on a record pace for yards given up in a season. Think of all the horrible defenses that have hit the field over the years. Currently we are out stinking them and it isn't even particularly close. Now one might counter with the "yards don't matter its all about points". Well we just scored 40 points last night....and still lost. Doug Marrone is a moron because he all but abandoned the run game last week and put the fate of his team in the hands of Blake Bortles. Vance Joseph? Enough said. If we can count on opposing coaches sucking it up on the sidelines then we will always have a chance I guess.

Another problem is the way the rules are set up to decidedly favor the offense. A struggling defense is handicapped even more today than they were in the old GRob days. I think a lot of folks are banking on Berry to return at some point. I am not. You cannot put your eggs in that basket. We have to entertain the possibility he will not come back...and then what? Our savior becomes Daniel Sorenson? Oh boy!

Rules surely favor the offense but some other teams seem to get it done.

We have the best offense in the league.  If we get back Berry and Houston the D will be improved.

Chiefs are 5-1 with a last second loss in Foxboro....

This is a very different Chiefs Team....I am very excited as a fan.

w

6 minutes ago, West said:

We have the best offense in the league.  If we get back Berry and Houston the D will be improved.

w

Future does look bright with Mahomes, Hill and Hunt

5 minutes ago, West said:

w

If you had told me at the beginning of the season we would be 5-1 after our brutal opening I would take it. But I am concerned. Was hoping the defense could at least be average. They are far worse. Hard to pin your hopes on players that seem to be perpetually injured. In Berry's case we have to entertain the thought he may not be back this year. I am excited but the defense blows chunks and we will have to outscore everyone to keep it going. Most teams we can and will. Come playoff time that formula may not work. It hasn't in the past.

4 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Get some stops

Other teams don't have Bob Sutton and journeyman guys just signed to the club covering All Pro offensive weapons. After spending so much time focusing on the defensive side of the ball in the off season how is it possible this defense is worse than last year?

18 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Isn't that the objective of the game? 😉

True enough. How did that work for Dick Vermeil in 2003?  #1 scoring offense. Near the bottom in defense but still won 13 out of 16 games. Then came the playoffs...

Archived