Defense

19 minutes ago, artsy said:

I agree hands. You cannot outscore every team. At some point, the defense has to play with some pride and step up.

19 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Please old mighty wise one, who in the history of football has ever won a game with less points then their opponents?

My comments have all been around scoring more than your opponent is the objective of the game. 

Hardy har har....you knew what I meant.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, dksww said:

Um, because you referenced our 2013 loss to the Colts in which the defense was bad.  So, I referenced a time where the Ravens went to a Super Bowl and won it, without one of the better defenses in the league.

Your troll game is strong young padiwan, but it'll take a bit more to fool me.

The 2013 defense was much better than that shit show last night.....

Funny thing is, in this forum they reference that Super Bowl Year as the year the Ravens defense carried the Offense....So which is it?

And I didn't have to fool you; you are fooling yourself if you think that this team can win a SB with a record setting defense (most yards allowed)....

38 minutes ago, West said:

I went back and did a quick review....No One said this was going to be a Super Bowl Year.  In fact, quite a few folks went below the "Wilkie Line" this year with their predictions.

Expectations are rising, that's a good thing....but let's not fool ourselves into thinking this could be the year of a NFL Championship.

That said, this team could reasonably get to the AFC Championship game and anything can happen at that point.

The Rams are the Real deal and will be a very tough matchup in the SB for all teams.

There is no question that KC is in great shape for the future with the young Core and they are by far the most fun team to watch week in and week out.

w

I’m ecstatic to be 5-1.  And, I think we will make the playoffs and lose a shootout like last night.

Also, I’m not sold on the Rams...yet.  Seattle and Denver have given them all they can handle.  My money is on NO or Philly to represent the NFC in the big game.

31 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Funny thing is, in this forum they reference that Super Bowl Year as the year the Ravens defense carried the Offense....So which is it?

And I didn't have to fool you; you are fooling yourself if you think that this team can win a SB with a record setting defense (most yards allowed)....

I've never said that I think the Chiefs can win a Super Bowl this year, I had us at best 3-3 after the first 6 games. 

Even if I did, FUCK YOU for coming onto a CHIEFS DISCUSSION board and trying to tell us what we should think of OUR team.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I am not so sure about the defense being better and here is why. Currently we are on a record pace for yards given up in a season. Think of all the horrible defenses that have hit the field over the years. Currently we are out stinking them and it isn't even particularly close. Now one might counter with the "yards don't matter its all about points". Well we just scored 40 points last night....and still lost. Doug Marrone is a moron because he all but abandoned the run game last week and put the fate of his team in the hands of Blake Bortles. Vance Joseph? Enough said. If we can count on opposing coaches sucking it up on the sidelines then we will always have a chance I guess.

Another problem is the way the rules are set up to decidedly favor the offense. A struggling defense is handicapped even more today than they were in the old GRob days. I think a lot of folks are banking on Berry to return at some point. I am not. You cannot put your eggs in that basket. We have to entertain the possibility he will not come back...and then what? Our savior becomes Daniel Sorenson? Oh boy!

my god, are you telling me this defense can possible get worse, I don't know if I can take that....

On a side note, what does practice look like, I can imagine what our offense does to our own defense in practice

12 minutes ago, dksww said:

I've never said that I think the Chiefs can win a Super Bowl this year, I had us at best 3-3 after the first 6 games. 

Even if I did, FUCK YOU for coming onto a CHIEFS DISCUSSION board and trying to tell us what we should think of OUR team.

F bomb not necessary 

50 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

It's tough to say because it is almost the same situation.  I am guessing you are talking about the Colts comeback, we were losing defensive players left and right in that game and playing backups similar to last night.  The only hope we have going for us is we might get those injured players back for the stretch run.

5 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

How the F does EB and Houston feel to sit back and watch our defense, I know Houston has only been out the past week but how can you sit there and just watch our defense play like this and not go help the team, especially when you have such a dynamic offense led by Mahomes.

How can JJ Watts play with a broken back but Houston sits with hamstring? Lol. Houston was a huge waste of a signing. He has not had one full healthy year and done shit since signing. Berry is the same way. Can either ever become worthwhile again? Would be huge to see them back playing healthy and productive for us.

54 minutes ago, dksww said:

Really Dude? Ok, winner winner, chicken dinner.....you lose....

54 minutes ago, dksww said:

No need for that.  Hands has been here a long time and sometimes makes a good point among all those where he's wrong.  😊

43 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

It's tough to say because it is almost the same situation.  I am guessing you are talking about the Colts comeback, we were losing defensive players left and right in that game and playing backups similar to last night.  The only hope we have going for us is we might get those injured players back for the stretch run.

Anything would be better than what was out there last night....but that being said, why in the world would Sutton expect man who just signed with the team to line up on Gronk single high coverage?

WTH was he thinking?

Maybe we all need to take a breath and realize where the Chiefs are now.  Before the season, many of us were hoping to survive the first six games with a chance remaining to make a playoff bid if Mahomes developed.  At the same time, most were also saying the Chiefs weren't geared for a deep playoff run because they needed to shore up the defense and were pointing to 2019 or 2020.  That was before Berry, Sorensen and Houston became unavailable.  Now we're looking at a probable playoff spot and likely division title.  8-8 has turned into 11-5 or better barring a complete disaster.  Cincy lost a heart breaker yesterday, sustained some injuries, and are in a fight for the playoffs and division title, just like the Chiefs.  This next game should be very interesting as both teams have a lot in common.  Enjoy the ride and quit yer whinin'.  

1 hour ago, dksww said:

read the TOS.. you have been warned

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

How can JJ Watts play with a broken back but Houston sits with hamstring? Lol. Houston was a huge waste of a signing. He has not had one full healthy year and done shit since signing. Berry is the same way. Can either ever become worthwhile again? Would be huge to see them back playing healthy and productive for us.

Houston was healthy and played in every game last year. Also Berry was the best safety in football in 2016. At this point though the contracts and CAP hits for these guys to not play is hurting the defense more than anything Bob Sutton does. We need Veach to get away from Dorsey's vision of the defense. 

21 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Houston was healthy and played in every game last year. Also Berry was the best safety in football in 2016. At this point though the contracts and CAP hits for these guys to not play is hurting the defense more than anything Bob Sutton does. We need Veach to get away from Dorsey's vision of the defense. 

I agree, and who says that Berry will be as good as 2016 Berry when he returns??

Archived