Mahomes accuracy

I believe we win this game if Mahomes had connected with Hunt in the 1st quarter down the seem...but then again, we win this game if we had an above average defense. There have been many "easy" throws he had missed the last couple games. Call me crazy, but I think it's because of strong arm. I don't think he has mastered that "touch" just yet as he relies on his arm strength. He's still young, but he'll develop it with more experience

Those throws he missed in the first quarter were the result of pressure.  His accuracy when off balance is really good, and I think people already take for granted just how hard it is to make throws like that, and when he misses one, they think he's "off".  He didn't get sacked tonight, but he faced pressure all night long, and rarely was able to stand in a clean pocket and step into a throw.  He's that talented that he was able to put up the performance he did despite that.  

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Those throws he missed in the first quarter were the result of pressure.  His accuracy when off balance is really good, and I think people already take for granted just how hard it is to make throws like that, and when he misses one, they think he's "off".  He didn't get sacked tonight, but he faced pressure all night long, and rarely was able to stand in a clean pocket and step into a throw.  He's that talented that he was able to put up the performance he did despite that.  

Agree...his accuracy off balance/on the move is really good for sure.

We gave up another 500 yards again and this time we cant blame it on garbage time prevent defense. An average defense and this game is a cake walk. An average defense probably makes them punt a couple of times. I hate to see us looking to next year as "the" year when we have a chance to win it all this year. A couple of moves would be huge.

But yes, he missed some key throws and if it were Alex people would be throwing up all sorts of gifs showing how bad he was.

I see what you're saying, but don't totally agree. I think Mahomes has showed touch on some passes. He showed it tonight on the TD throw to Hill.  IMO he got a little over excited, playing against Tom Brady at the beginning.

Just now, VIChiefsFan said:

We gave up another 500 yards again and this time we cant blame it on garbage time prevent defense. An average defense and this game is a cake walk. An average defense probably makes them punt a couple of times. I hate to see us looking to next year as "the" year when we have a chance to win it all this year. A couple of moves would be huge.

But yes, he missed some key throws and if it were Alex people would be throwing up all sorts of gifs showing how bad he was.

We knew the defense was going to be bad this year.  The only real additions to the defense were Hitchens and Fuller.  The rest of our secondary has been off the scrap heap acquisitions.  

Those "key throws" were 1. disrupted by pressure, and 2. throws that Alex wouldn't have even attempted.  

Just now, moons314 said:

We have a 23 year old QB that just hung 40 on the road against the Pats.  Expecting him to win the game all on his own isn't fair, nor realistic. 

I'm going to run out of likes,  LOL!  I agree, really happy that we have Mahomes.  The defense unfortunately just isn't good enough for him to overcome. 

6 minutes ago, moons314 said:

We have a 23 year old QB that just hung 40 on the road against the Pats.  Expecting him to win the game all on his own isn't fair, nor realistic. 

Not just on the road, but the Patriots on the road is nearly impossible to win.  They've lost 3 games at home since 2009

48 minutes ago, qnet said:

I see what you're saying, but don't totally agree. I think Mahomes has showed touch on some passes. He showed it tonight on the TD throw to Hill.  IMO he got a little over excited, playing against Tom Brady at the beginning.

Agree. I totally left it out...but I do think some of these missed throws is from over excitement. But hey, you cant' complete them all. 

Early game jitters.  Going into Foxboro with a wet paper bag defense and facing the GOAT will do that to even the most seasoned vets.   He is basically having to throw the entire team on his back right now.  That is some immense pressure.  He will figure it out and by the way he hung 40 on an off night.   We have a bright future!

Even the crappy version of our defense is riddled with injuries. Mahomes had to play catch up all night long and tough to expect a 23-year old QB to light the world on fire. He had very good throws and some bad but overall he did well against a team that seems to beat us at will whenever it matters. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Even the crappy version of our defense is riddled with injuries. Mahomes had to play catch up all night long and tough to expect a 23-year old QB to light the world on fire. He had very good throws and some bad but overall he did well against a team that seems to beat us at will whenever it matters. 

And never by much I might add. Chiefs match up well with the Patriots but injuries really killed the Chiefs. No Berry no Sorensen no Houston and they almost pulled it off. 

10 hours ago, moons314 said:

Yep. Spot on. We scored 31 points in the second half on the road against the AFC Champions and did it missing 40 percent of our oline. If we had anything but an elite talent at QB we probably lose by three TDs. 

1 hour ago, West said:

It's probably just me, but I would not entertain trading Patrick Mahomes for any two  players in the league.

w

nope, especially at the QB position.  There's no young QB I would rather want and that includes Wentz who for most of last year was a MVP.  

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

If Smith is qb, we lose by at least two tds last night.  Mahomes was the reason we were in that game.  I’m not sure the relevance of Smith in this conversation?

Original post said expecting Mahomes to win was unrealistic....I asked if you would expect Smith to win since he's older.

Archived