Mahomes accuracy

18 hours ago, qnet said:

I see what you're saying, but don't totally agree. I think Mahomes has showed touch on some passes. He showed it tonight on the TD throw to Hill.  IMO he got a little over excited, playing against Tom Brady at the beginning.

This.  Bill Barnwell said the same thing.  Mahomes was a bit amped up and rightfully so. 

mahomes was a little off this game and last game  both times it was in the 1st qt  23 yrs old and he is jacked up . what we saw was qb that doesn’t give up and always looking for a big play. defenses around the league are worried because you don’t know what’s coming when and at what spot on the field.  i only hope reid gives him help early in games by using hunt more  

17 minutes ago, West said:

Amen DH...The Kid did fantastic.  The big stage meant nothing to him.

w

Both Denver and NE in Príme time he was clearly amped up a perhaps nervous early. But his competitiveness took over and he shined when we needed him most. For a 23 year old that’s almost unheard of.

So while it’s clear he’s still got a ton to learn (which should scare the heck out of the AFC),  I think it’s safe to say he’s exceeded expectations and made this team better than most thought this year. 

What's impressing me about Mahomes is how well he's played even when people say he struggles.  In the Broncos, Jags and Pats games he was still throwing for 1st downs and moving the ball in the first quarters of those games. He's playing like a veteran QB.  

1 hour ago, qnet said:

What's impressing me about Mahomes is how well he's played even when people say he struggles.  In the Broncos, Jags and Pats games he was still throwing for 1st downs and moving the ball in the first quarters of those games. He's playing like a veteran QB.  

Exactly. Remember the days of Alex Smith....Whenever we got a penalty, i.e., false start of holding penalty etc..I never, ever had the confidence we could make it up and get a first down.

NOW with Showtime, I have no doubts. Hell, we've watched him overcome 2nd and 30....a couple of times.

They were actually talking about this last night how most QBs in this league have to get set to throw strongly and accurately. Aaron Rodgers throws in a way he creates torque without being set which is why he's so good on the run and outside the pocket. They mentioned Mahomes has this rare ability too. Even still when your throwing from awkward angles as he does at times, its going to create some inaccuracy. I think the more he grows as a QB, the more comfortable pocket passer he will become to go with that elite ability to operate in space. And his accuracy numbers will go up with those easier throws. 

19 hours ago, Calichief said:

8 different players caught balls tonight.

7 of them had multiple catches!!!

Super talented kid.  As good as he is, my favorite thing about him isn’t anything he’s physically doing, it’s the fact that he’s obviously having fun playing.  That’s the biggest sign to me that there’s no stage too big for him. 

14 hours ago, moons314 said:

Super talented kid.  As good as he is, my favorite thing about him isn’t anything he’s physically doing, it’s the fact that he’s obviously having fun playing.  That’s the biggest sign to me that there’s no stage too big for him. 

yup, completely agree!!!

Image result for mahomes dancing gif

Archived