Fire Sutton thread - week 6

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

Our defense lacked talent before all of the injuries.  This isn't on Sutton. 

ya, but it doesn't matter.  It's still his job to get it done and he's been here long enough.  It was time to move on last season.

This argument that it's not on Sutton...well, what redeeming quality has the guy exhibited? Give me a single reason to let this guy continue to build a defense?  Not stopped the run in 5 years still. Oh , not enough talent...so he needs a squad of pro bowlers, who the hell doesn't?  I strongly believe if you get a wade Phillips protégé then we will find out we have the talent here, but improperly used.

Maybe maybe lets consider the fact that it's not Sutton's fault due to injuries.

The issue I have with sutton is he NEVER makes adjustments until it's beyond control. He waited until the second half to adjust the D. you have to make in game adjustments not go into the locker room, think about it and then adjust. be proactive, not reactive. 

He needs to go. We've seen this story way too many times going back to the collapse in Indy(which he should have been fired). DON't care how bad the injuries are, their defense is a disaster - a HISTORIC disaster. that's unacceptable in todays nfl.

11 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Give me a single reason to let this guy continue to build a defense? 

Not a reason but some facts.

2012, year before he arrived, Chiefs were ranked #25. Based on pts which is more important than yds.

2013 - 5th, 2014 - 2nd, 2015 - 3rd, 2016 - 7th, 2017 - 15th and so far this year 27th.

He probably should be gone but you asked for a reason. I assume it's because in his first 3 years they were within the top 10 Ds.

10 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not a reason but some facts.

2012, year before he arrived, Chiefs were ranked #25. Based on pts which is more important than yds.

2013 - 5th, 2014 - 2nd, 2015 - 3rd, 2016 - 7th, 2017 - 15th and so far this year 27th.

He probably should be gone but you asked for a reason. I assume it's because in his first 3 years they were within the top 10 Ds.

Though true look at who he inherited and then watched aged or leave and never coached up any replacements. He has yet to mold any new player into his system at all. Chris Jones maybe but what players have floundered and failed in it since he got here? Look at what the offense inherited and how they have improved with additions and even qith injuries to just coaching up players and adjusting as an example.

Well, I seriously doubt he get's fired during the season, and we can't bring in a whole new set of players, so Reid and Sutton need to try and figure it out.

Why haven't we seen DoD yet?

Why haven't we let Tremon Smith take a whack at corner in place of Scandrick?

This is ultimately Reid's problem, and he has to do something.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

Guys, it doesn't have to be one or the other;  Is it Sutton or the players?  Who cares, the defense stinks and if we have to, we reload with new coaches and players.  Just get it fixed

It's very easy for us to say that. Doing it isn't that easy, not if you don't want to mortgage the future for years to come. Listening to many in here complaining about bad contracts it seems like they want to have it both ways. Mortgage the future but not give out big contracts.

5 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

It's very easy for us to say that. Doing it isn't that easy, not if you don't want to mortgage the future for years to come. Listening to many in here complaining about bad contracts it seems like they want to have it both ways. Mortgage the future but not give out big contracts.

I think firing Sutton first is the way to go.  Let guys like Nelson, Ragnald walk in FA.  Don't cut Berry or Houston, it's not cost effective to do so. 

Re-stock smartly through FA and the draft.

Sutton apologist...smh. How bad do this guys units have to perform for you to be ready for change? I am well aware of the fact that we dont have great players on defense. I am also able to acknowledge the fact that great coaches bring the best out in players.

Sometimes the message gets stale. Sometimes the players dont fit the scheme. When you see a 26 year old like Hitchens who looks like he has the potential to take the next step and maybe become a pro bowl type player, then he comes here and looks like hes on fucking roller skates...thats indicative of a lack of understanding. Not ability. Sutton is not reaching him. 

Because the guy had good defenses 4 and 5 years ago is not a reason to keep him around. When you are ranked 27th in the league in defense, and your GM goes and gets Nnadi, Xavier Williams, Speaks, Hitch, you get Ford back and replace Peters with Fuller,  your defense cannot regress. But they have. They are giving up 470 yds a game. They have NO STRENGTH. Bob Sutton is not coaching these guys up. He is getting nothing out of them.

Is it all his fault? No. Should he be held accountable for a defensive unit that stunk all year, folded in the playoff game last year last year and likely will again this year? Absolutely. His time as a good DC has gone past. He is a really shitty one now. It happens. There are many HOF coaches that later got fired from jobs after their best years.

Sutton has to go. The day after this season ends.

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Sutton apologist...smh. How bad do this guys units have to perform for you to be ready for change? I am well aware of the fact that we dont have great players on defense. I am also able to acknowledge the fact that great coaches bring the best out in players.

Sometimes the message gets stale. Sometimes the players dont fit the scheme. When you see a 26 year old like Hitchens who looks like he has the potential to take the next step and maybe become a pro bowl type player, then he comes here and looks like hes on fucking roller skates...thats indicative of a lack of understanding. Not ability. Sutton is not reaching him. 

Because the guy had good defenses 4 and 5 years ago is not a reason to keep him around. When you are ranked 27th in the league in defense, and your GM goes and gets Nnadi, Xavier Williams, Speaks, Hitch, you get Ford back and replace Peters with Fuller,  your defense cannot regress. But they have. They are giving up 470 yds a game. They have NO STRENGTH. Bob Sutton is not coaching these guys up. He is getting nothing out of them.

Is it all his fault? No. Should he be held accountable for a defensive unit that stunk all year, folded in the playoff game last year last year and likely will again this year? Absolutely. His time as a good DC has gone past. He is a really shitty one now. It happens. There are many HOF coaches that later got fired from jobs after their best years.

Sutton has to go. The day after this season ends.

Seriously. It’s the resume. It’s the whole thing. Monumental collapses 

Archived