Questions about Berry

2 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I don't either.  That is why i don't understand why they haven't just gone in and had it scraped off

Surgery will put him out for the year....According to what they've said, it's just painful. I wonder why they can't shot it up with some type of numbing agent, get him a custom made pair of shoes, and let him play.

If that's not the plan, then what the hell is???????

I mean the guy is taking up a spot on the 53 man roster, and yet he's not even practicing yet.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I don’t get how a bone spur can heal?  Like is it inflammation or something?

I've got this same thing and basically they go in an saw the bone spur down. There's two variations of the surgery and one isn't that evasive and could potentially let him play in a month, while the other is a 3-6 month recovery period. My opinion is that they know when he plays that he will aggravate it again so they are saving him for the stretch run and then will do the surgery in the offseason. Or they actually did the less evasive version and didn't tell anyone and are now hoping that worked. 

I don’t see him playing this year, but I can’t see behind the curtain.  We don’t know what they know.  

His extension was a big gamble and so far we have lost.

Much respect for Berry , but he might want to just hang it up.  ACL, achilles, cancer...may be time to do something else.

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

Surgery will put him out for the year....According to what they've said, it's just painful. I wonder why they can't shot it up with some type of numbing agent, get him a custom made pair of shoes, and let him play.

If that's not the plan, then what the hell is???????

I mean the guy is taking up a spot on the 53 man roster, and yet he's not even practicing yet.

You should not give cortisone shots to the heel because it greatly increases the chances of an achilles injury. At least thats what my doctor told me. 

1 minute ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I like & respect EB as a person & as a player.  That being said we need to cut our losses w/ him ASAP.  He’s taking up roster space & cap space, but giving us NOTHING in return for the past 2 seasons.

So its a good thing WE does not run the CHiefs. 🙄

15 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I don’t think Berry will ever play significant football again. He may get on the field like Holmes did that last time, but I don’t think he does anything but that for a handful of games.

This really isn't the type of injury that ends a career. Now if your saying the cumulative effect of everything will just wear him down into retiring that's another story. I actually fully expect him back next year and believe the Chiefs think he will play this year. Without the surgery though it could indeed be a crapshoot he can help much with that type of pain but I do believe we will find out.  Consider every time people write him off he comes back with a career season. And then gets hurt again. 

With the way defense has been playing we sure need that roster spot. So unless they have a real plan for him this season he might as well get the surgery. Also not sure why they didn't take care of it sooner. It has already been 3 months since the TC and considering his strength he might have been fully healed by now or at least in a few more weeks. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

With the way defense has been playing we sure need that roster spot. So unless they have a real plan for him this season he might as well get the surgery. Also not sure why they didn't take care of it sooner. It has already been 3 months since the TC and considering his strength he might have been fully healed by now or at least in a few more weeks. 

The IR with a return designation would have been the move to make.  

On 10/15/2018 at 11:35 AM, Mloe68 said:

I've got this same thing and basically they go in an saw the bone spur down. There's two variations of the surgery and one isn't that evasive and could potentially let him play in a month, while the other is a 3-6 month recovery period. My opinion is that they know when he plays that he will aggravate it again so they are saving him for the stretch run and then will do the surgery in the offseason. Or they actually did the less evasive version and didn't tell anyone and are now hoping that worked. 

The recovery time is pretty much pain tolerance, inflammation, and range of motion in the area. Should be no muscle, tendon, or ligament damage. Basically feel like the way they are handling it now day to day would be the same as having the procedure.

Not sure why they just didn't go in the direction of surgery right in the beginning.

Archived